The 2016-17 College Basketball Thread

Thanks. Oregon gets whoever wins the UNC/UK game so we may end up rooting against each other in the Final Four.

It was bound to happen if both teams kept winning, but UK has too steep of a mountain to climb tomorrow for me to be thinking of the Final Four just yet. We'll need hard work from the big guys on the boards, clean finishes from Monk & Fox, and strong bench contributions to beat UNC.

Last edited:
Why the heck is there such a gap between today's games; and the final? Saturday is the final four? Screw that. Have the first two games Wednesday, then play the title on Saturday.

Had Villanova, Gonzaga, Oregon and North Carolina in my Final Four bracket. Not too bad. 3/4.

As always, I'm heartbroken when UK comes up short on their quest for the title. My heart beats Kentucky blue blood, so it always stings to watch BBN's surrogate sons dealing with the end of the season. It's a good thing that I'm a teetotaler because nights like tonight would be perfect opportunities to overdo it if I was a drinking man.:woot:

Why the heck is there such a gap between today's games; and the final? Saturday is the final four? Screw that. Have the first two games Wednesday, then play the title on Saturday.
They always schedule it like that since it gives teams adequate rest, builds the hype for the Final Four and they like to have the championship game broadcast in primetime on a weekday.

They always schedule it like that since it gives teams adequate rest, builds the hype for the Final Four and they like to have the championship game broadcast in primetime on a weekday.

The NCAAT game has always been on Mondays during the 22 years that I've been following CBB. I'm not sure when the tournament went to that format, but I know as late as the early 80s, not all tournament games were televised nationally.

South Carolina coach tearing up after that loss.

So close for my Ducks today. Just needed to grab one rebound at the end for a chance to win the game. Definitely not one of their best games but it was still one heck of a season.

So close for my Ducks today. Just needed to grab one rebound at the end for a chance to win the game. Definitely not one of their best games but it was still one heck of a season.

Carolina's size advantage was obvious at the end. The Ducks just couldn't get the ball out of UNC's monstrous mitts. I don't think I've ever seen a game where both teams were cold from the floor and the stripe down the stretch, and the game be decided by unusual snags on the offensive glass.

But, as you said, it was an outstanding season for Oregon. You have to be proud of your team's development.

Carolina's size advantage was obvious at the end. The Ducks just couldn't get the ball out of UNC's monstrous mitts. I don't think I've ever seen a game where both teams were cold from the floor and the stripe down the stretch, and the game be decided by unusual snags on the offensive glass.

But, as you said, it was an outstanding season for Oregon. You have to be proud of your team's development.
And the thing is, Oregon and UNC had the exact same amount of rebounds (43) and Bell actually outrebounded Meeks 16 to 14 but it was the final two that Bell missed that cost them a chance at a game-winning shot.

And the thing is, Oregon and UNC had the exact same amount of rebounds (43) and Bell actually outrebounded Meeks 16 to 14 but it was the final two that Bell missed that cost them a chance at a game-winning shot.

He's taking the loss hard. I feel terrible for him.

Zaga turned it over all night, NC couldn't make a three to save their lives. That was a classic could have gone either way.

I'm feeling that gigantic void that always comes with the end of basketball season. I've been watching vids of possible recruits and dreaming of Big Blue Madness 2017. :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"