Mario is more recognisable than Paris Hilton

OobeDoobBenubi

Sidekick
Reaction score
69% of people surveyed could recognise the iconic plumber - only 53% could put a name to the face of Paris Hilton.

Nintendo UK has today revealed that in a survey of over 1,000 adults, 69% recognised Mario, with only 53% able to identify Paris Hilton and 51% Justin Timberlake.

Other celebs apparently less recognisable than Mario include Beyoncé (31%), Nicole Ritchie (20%), Sienna Miller (11%) and Akon (10%).

Later today Nintendo and GAME are hosting eight special Super Mario Galaxy launch events at eight GAME stores across the UK. Additionally Nintendo projected a giant 150ft image of Mario on London's famous Battersea Power Station yesterday, lighting up the London sky.

David Yarnton, General Manager, Nintendo UK said: "Mario mania is huge and yesterday we proved it by beaming a giant image onto one of London's iconic land marks. We expect the release of Super Mario Galaxy to help break the 200 million franchise barrier."

The franchise ranks alongside top selling music artists and movie franchises such as the Beatles (sold 168.5 albums in the US) and Indiana Jones (186.3 million ticket sales worldwide).

http://www.videogamer.com/news/15-11-2007-6899.html

And is still kicking Mickey's ass:ninja:

you know why they know who he is? casue he's been around longer and is iconic. paris hilton is famous for being famous and the others are never going to be iconic

marios been in games for like 20 years solid or so...

Of course he's more recognisable than some pop stars, he should be more recognisable than a coke bottle.

Like Lord Valumart said, he's just been around longer, is known for some of the most...top bar video games ever. Trendsetting he is. While the others, albeit are famous now and popular, they just arent iconic yet in their respective industries. Until then, they'll have to take knee to the plumber, princess saver extraordinaire

I thought it said Mario is more respectable than Paris. Which is not exactly a fallacy.

This made my day.

Except for Sienna Miller, I hate all the other people listed. And the fact that they aren't recognized is a blow to their self-esteem. :o
Sienna Miller just isn't out there like the other people. I'm surprised she's even mentioned.

I could believe this. Mario is the shiznit.

This made my day.

Except for Sienna Miller, I hate all the other people listed. And the fact that they aren't recognized is a blow to their self-esteem. :o
Sienna Miller just isn't out there like the other people. I'm surprised she's even mentioned.

Its Nintendo UK. Sienna Miller is the hottest nanny over in the UK. Everyone knows her.

woot mario rules! and luigi! and sonic! oh the good old days

What they're not telling you is that Luigi gets screwed again, and is only recognizable 18% of the time.

Are we supposed to feel guilty that we care more about Mario than Paris Hilton?

There may be hope for society after all. Maybe.

jag

BioLuigi1.jpg

Mario's been through it all; ducking and dodging barrels to save his girlfriend, going to another world to save a princess with his brother, getting missing for a short time, even surviving having a terrible movie made about him.

Mario's been through it all; ducking and dodging barrels to save his girlfriend, going to another world to save a princess with his brother, getting missing for a short time, even surviving having a terrible movie made about him.

That was Mickey's way of ruining him (aka Hollywood Pictures). Don Mario The Godfather can not be stopped.

I saw the thread title and immediately thought "all is right with the world".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"