Martin Campbell resurrecting "Blake's 7" for Syfy

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Sawyer, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Sawyer High King

Deadline:
    Never have watched the original. I don't even know if it would be available here.

2. Pink Ranger The North Remembers

Very interesting. I kind of liked the original, what I could see of it.

Think of it like Firefly with British accents.

3. obin_gam Registered

I'm all for more sci-fi series! I hope this gets the same treatment as BSG did, we are seriously lacking real and good sci-fis these days :(

4. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

If you've seen Firefly or Farscape you have seen Blake 7.

5. Pink Ranger The North Remembers

I wonder if they're going to adopt the "no bots, no aliens" rule that Firefly had and the "no aliens" rule the remade BSG had.

#5 Pink Ranger, Aug 23, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  6. DarkSovereignty Ooga Chakka

it says in the description of the original show that they battled 'humans and aliens alike.'

7. Pink Ranger The North Remembers

So did the original Battlestar Galactica, but they purposely eschewed aliens in the remake.

I'm just speculating, really, because it makes sense these days when a SF show wants to become more "serious" they usually try to stay away from space monsters. I like Farscape though, but a lot of people I know never took the show seriously because of all the creatures.

8. Sawyer High King

http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/geo...s-and-re-evaluates-pure-financier-role-in-tv/

9. Teelie Jokerface

Going from SyFy to X-Box doesn't sound like a step up initially but it might prove me wrong. Microsoft has the money if they want to get serious in their in-house programming.

10. The Squirrel Le Rongeur

Going to Xbox is great, if you want to limit your audience. I doubt anyone is going to buy a console just for this show. But going to Xbox isn't about the audience, it's about the giant wads of cash that Microsoft will throw at the producers.

11. Pink Ranger The North Remembers

Microsoft's game is the initial Xbox audience, and then likely box set sales and other online channel paid downloads afterwards. The traditional broadcast channel business model is no longer the only game in town.

12. Destructus86 Registered

YES!! More sci-fi shows!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!! =D

13. Pink Ranger The North Remembers

I'm curious about how they will update the key character of Kerr Avon.

14. Siby Registered

I just read about this on the BBC this morning. I love this series and I think it is better than Firefly and as good as Farscape. The characters and the scope of the show is what I really loved.

I hope the remake can capture the essence of the original show with updated special effects. Although I liked the special effects of the original show.

I can't wait to see how they do Avon also. It's funny that the show is called Blake 7 but Blake was only in it for two and odd seasons.

15. Teelie Jokerface

The XBone is meant to be more all-in-one set up than ever before with their plans to turn what used to be a gaming console into the "media center" of a home entertainment center. Netflix, Hulu, Blu-Ray player, music, etc. All of it requiring a yearly Live Gold membership of course.

It wouldn't surprise me to see them start promoting it more as a media center and less video games in the coming months.

That's their plan anyway. Whether they can pull it off is doubtful although they keep backtracking on the more controversial and crazy schemes like having that Kinnect always on (watching and listening to everything going on) or strict always-online limitations to the console.