Defiance - coming to Syfy in 2013

There was no season three renewal at the time but it has now been confirmed it will be back for a third season so yay. :)

Defiance Gets Three New Residents

Defiance_blog_608x343.jpg

Season three of Defiance just started production, and news from the set has three new characters joining the show for the third season. They are:

-General Rahm Tak, played by Lee Tergesen (seen in the left of the picture). Rahm is a ruthless and arrogant leader in the Votanis Collective (think of it as the U.N. of aliens in the future Earth of Defiance). Rahm is a Castithan, well-read, brilliant and a pure strategist who sets his very aggressive sights on the little town of Defiance. You may recognize Lee from his role as Tobias Beecher on HBO's Oz, or his recurring roles on American Horror Story: Freak Show, Desperate Housewives, The Americans, Longmire, The Big C and more.

-T'evgin, played by Conrad Coates (seen in the middle). T'evgin is an Omec, a eighth alien race (yes, Season 3 is introducing another group of aliens!). The Omec are all kinds of badass, having been the overlords of all the other alien races (Irathients, Castithans, Indogene) before everyone fled their dying universe to come to Earth. T'evgin is the leader, so he's the king of the "Don't screw with them" Omec. Conrad Coates is known for roles in The Strain, Saving Hope, Sanctuary, Degrassi: The Next Generation, Nikita and more.

-Kindzi, played by Nichole Galicia (seen on the right). Kindzi is the daughter of T'evgin and thus the alpha female of the Omec race. Translation: She's all kinds of fierce and scary as hell. Nichole has appeared in the films Django Unchained, Wish I Was Here (amongst others) and on TV in shows like CSI: NY.

New faces mean new stories (don't worry - the old gang of Nolan, Irisa, Amanda, Stahma, Datak, Rafe, Alak, Doc Yewll and Berlin will be back). As for what those stories will be....well, stay tuned.

Defiance returns later in 2015.
http://www.defiance.com/en/series/news/defiance-gets-three-new-residents

Defiance Season 3 Trailer 2
[YT]HYtjlRUMkB0[/YT]

Well, that was a bloody start to the season.

Awesome premiere! Red Wedding-esque.

Last edited:
It was good. A nice shake up of things. Should've known things were about to go bad when Datak, Stahma, and Rafe were acting all family like.

And so far, I am loving the Omec. I like that they are these boogeymen to the Votan. Should be fun to see more reactions to them. And who wouldn't be scared of them with those secondary jaws.

Also, Irisa's book is hilarious.

Last edited:
This was a great opening to the season, I'm so happy Defiance is back now.

I too love the Omec, great use of both visuals and reactions from the Votan to make them appear like the devils of legend.

Also...it may be just me...but Kindzi (the Omec girl) looked rather beautiful to me...yes, even with her razor sharp teeth...I'm weird, I know.

Nice f'n premiere. Love the pacing. No more dicking around. Love the new race and their horror like mythology. Either they succeed in waking up the rest of the ship which forges an unholy alliance among humans and Votans or Nolan and company destroy the ship before they awake. I actually like papa McCawley and so he will be missed. Didn't care much for his kids.

Great start to the season and the Omecs are good shakeup to the norm of previous seasons. I can't wait to see what they come up with to resolve their presence in town and the greater danger they pose.

I actually like papa McCawley and so he will be missed. Didn't care much for his kids.

I agree, more then anything I didn't really care for the whole Alak-Christie relationship, I thought it dragged down the show

Defiance - This Season Promo
[YT]lK_OjA0pAyc[/YT]

I'm liking what they are doing with Irisa this season. I was a bit worried they would take care of the issue of Alec and Luke by the end of the episode. Luckily, only half was rescued. Interesting they are setting up a rivalry between Nolan and Ran Tahk.

And I laughed at Stahma seducing the Omek. How quickly the predator becomes the prey.

Bonus points for Linda Hamilton showing Emilia Clarke how to do the "Come with my if you want to live" line.

Another solid episode last week. They blew up the arch! What an opening. The title card changes with each episode and reflects those events. Pottinger returns and revealed what we all thought. He was the ultimate creeper. And he met an excellent demise. It was cool to see the Bio-men again. The wormhole taking out the bunker was very cool! Hot alien sex! Stahma and T’evgin scenes were great. I really love the mysteriousness of the Omec. Ram Tak almost shatako'd himself when found out about that warship. lol

I also love that the scars from Irisa and Nolan have from that pod are effecting them.

Their heads seem to only hurt them when they are far apart. At first I thought it had to do with them killing, but Nolan killed people earlier and it didn't hurt him so it must be related to them being hundreds of miles apart. Either that connector thing implanted something in them that requires them to stay with each other or this is just a residule effect that will wear off over time. Either way this could present a serious obstacle for them.

Amanda and Irisa continue to be the hottest on the show. :hrt:

Another solid episode last week. They blew up the arch! What an opening. The title card changes with each episode and reflects those events. Pottinger returns and revealed what we all thought. He was the ultimate creeper. And he met an excellent demise. It was cool to see the Bio-men again. The wormhole taking out the bunker was very cool! Hot alien sex! Stahma and T’evgin scenes were great. I really love the mysteriousness of the Omec. Ram Tak almost shatako'd himself when found out about that warship. lol

I also love that the scars from Irisa and Nolan have from that pod are effecting them.

I love what they do with their title card. Always reflecting the opening scene of an episode. I remember the one where the "American astronaut" returns. The streak through the sky was still visible in the title card.

Sucks what happened to the beatles/bio-men. Honestly did not catch the reference til Ringo showed up. No wonder Nolan was giving that wtf look at the dinner table. They and along with that cache of weapons would have been a great help to defend against the VC.

Yes, all 4 of the women named above this post are hot. I'd ranked them like so: Stahma, Amanda, Irisa, Berlin.

Poor Stahma. Whenever a family member returns home, they try to kill her.

Was worried for a second there that Irisa was going to leave the show. Glad she isn't, and I'm enjoying the Nolan/Irisa stuff.

:D

KNsmO8b.jpg

Well, look at who the Sharknado blew in!

The town of Defiance will soon be gaining a temporary resident as none other than shark-battling Ian Ziering will be making a guest appearance later this season.

Ziering will be playing the role of Conrad Von Bach, the "black sheep" of the powerful (and morally vacant) Von Bach family, ruthless gunrunners and war profiteers that have legitimized their wheeling-dealings under the Von Bach Industries banner.

Conrad also happens to be the ex-lover of Jessica 'Berlin' Rainer, and you can bet it's going to be something of a, well, emotional reunion.
http://www.syfy.com/defiance/blog/ian-ziering-conrad-von-bach

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"