Marvel Can Fix Fox If They Really Wanted To

babykhris

Civilian
Reaction score
It's obvious that FOX is just trying to milk the Marvel properties just so they won't have to give the rights back, but in reality I can only see 2 or 3 films that could actually make them $$$. FOX keeps announcing these titles, but some of them will never happen.

X-Men Origins: Magneto will NEVER happen as theirs ZERO interest in that, so watch this and X-Men: First Class merge into a crappy reboot.

X-4 unless it has Apocalypse, who's big enough to be it's villian.

I don't care what FOX says Deadpool's solo film will also never happen. With Ryan Reynolds doing Green Lantern I could see DC locking him up for multiple films.

Cable is the only X-Men property that hasn't debuted that could make $$$ and I believe Marvel Studios own the rights to that.

If Daredevil, Fantastic Four and Elektra flopped why would the do well in a reboot? I doubt that proposed Silver Surfer film will happen now.

Here's what I propose if Marvel has Cable why not make a deal with FOX to give them the rights to Cable in exchange for Daredevil, Fantastic Four and Elektra.

FOX only has 3 movies worth of X-Men features IMO. X Men Origins: Wolverine we've got one film left unless the film does great at the box office (which I doubt), X-4 with no Magneto who will be the villian? X-Men: First Class I can't see it getting a sequel. So look for Marvel to have it's rights back in 5 years.

You're deluding yourself if you think that a Cable movie would make a lot of money, let alone be worth giving up Daredevil and the Fantastic Four.

Magneto and First Class were always the same thing, and it's not a "reboot" it's a prequel.

I think a Cable movie would make sense for FOX as a tie in to X-4.
Could u actually see FOX doing well with the Daredevil and the Fantastic Four to do reboots??

Yeah, and although disliked by many, the Fantastic Four movies weren't FLOPS. From what I remember, they both made good money, especially the first, considering how quickly they gave the sequel the green light.

I think a Cable movie would make sense for FOX as a tie in to X-4.
Could u actually see FOX doing well with the Daredevil and the Fantastic Four to do reboots??

but his father is dead and his mother hasn't even been introduced...

Magneto and First Class were always the same thing, and it's not a "reboot" it's a prequel.

FOX announced X-Men Origins: Magneto in December 2004 and when that obvious that this wasn't going to happen they announced X-Men: First Class to keep the rights.

It's obvious Magneto's going to be in this and it's going to kind of reboot the X franchise for FOX.

Yeah, and although disliked by many, the Fantastic Four movies weren't FLOPS. From what I remember, they both made good money, especially the first, considering how quickly they gave the sequel the green light.

Plus the FF (and Daredevil to an extent) have far more name recognition than Cable does, even if the X-Men tag is used in the title, and name recognition can translate into more money.

And aside from the treatment of certain characters in each movie (Doom, Elektra, Galactus to an extent), the FF and DD movies weren't bad.

Yeah, I actually really liked the treatment of some characters, mostly Human Torch.

The FF themselves, particularly their interactions, were the best parts of the movies and damn near comic accurate.

From what I understand, the story for Magneto and First Class are pretty much the same, they have just changed the name - maybe for the comic tie in, maybe because it sounds better - but what was the Magneto script focused on him and Charles and the first X team, what First Class is going to be. Unless they toss the current continuity out the window, and they are not, then it's not a reboot - a term which is getting miss used and over used way too much these days. It's a prequel.

Has Marvel or Fox said that Cable is not part of the X-Men package, I always assumed it was.

Yeah I don't buy Cable not being part of the X package. I mean they have Deadpool of all characters but not Cable? Virtually every character that has long standing tie-ins to the X-Men universe is probably at Fox. I need to see some sources before I buy that

The poster has the right idea though in terms of viable franchises for Fox. First Class pretty much merged Magneto's origin. They just probably won't go back to Nazis and WW2. It may be a reboot. X-4 is so far down the line that it may never happen at all. If Marvel really wanted the rights back to FF/DD, they'd be actively trying to broker deals. If Marvel wanted characters like SW or QS for Avengers, they'd lend out BW or Namor to Fox if they wanted them. But Fox isn't in a position to negotiate and Marvel isn't pressing for those properties either, so if they get rebooted, Fox could very well be doing them.

Yeah I don't buy Cable not being part of the X package. I mean they have Deadpool of all characters but not Cable? Virtually every character that has long standing tie-ins to the X-Men universe is probably at Fox. I need to see some sources before I buy that

The poster has the right idea though in terms of viable franchises for Fox. First Class pretty much merged Magneto's origin. They just probably won't go back to Nazis and WW2. It may be a reboot. X-4 is so far down the line that it may never happen at all. If Marvel really wanted the rights back to FF/DD, they'd be actively trying to broker deals. If Marvel wanted characters like SW or QS for Avengers, they'd lend out BW or Namor to Fox if they wanted them. But Fox isn't in a position to negotiate and Marvel isn't pressing for those properties either, so if they get rebooted, Fox could very well be doing them.

Deadpool used to be at Artisan/Lionsgate, but I think FOX got the rights for him from Marvel.

In 2009, Marvel attempted to hire a team of writers to help come up with creative ways to launch its lesser-known properties, such as Black Panther, Cable, Iron Fist, Nighthawk, and Vision

So if Marvel's looking for writers for Cable I doubt FOX owns it.

In 2009, Mastow was talking about doing Namor at Universal. Sources get things mixed up all the time. Marvel also assists Fox/Sony with their properties through consultants and writers. So yeah, Marvel may have hired a team for Fox or Sony, but that doesn't mean they are producing or financing all those movies.

Last edited:
We also heard Marvel was looking to do a Dazzler film, but it later emerged that Fox had the rights.

I feel the same way, as far as having high doubts that most of those films will never get made. I just don't see them happening, and if they do, they won't be worth seeing simply because:

FOX is just trying to milk the Marvel properties just so they won't have to give the rights back,

of this

I could care less because I hate FOX and know they'll just mess anything they touch up, but you are wrong. The two were completely differant projects with separate writers. They may have "merged" the two now, but they did NOT start out as one and the same.

Last edited:
Don't worry, as marvel is now owned by Disney, they will have their army if lawyers working to get the rights back on all thier titles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"