Marvel Continuity?

Armored Avenger

A Wizard is never late...
Reaction score
I am very confused with Marvel Continuity at the moment. In the comics which i read Iron Man is at this moment investigating the death of Gadet in Iron Man, fighting in World War Hulk and is trapped inside Ultron who has taken over his Extremis in Mighty Avengers. Also Stark Tower at the moment in the comics is fine in Iron Man and Mighty Avengers but has been destroyed in World War Hulk.
Judging from what other people i know have been saying about the Marvel comics they read, it isnt just Iron Man whos timeline is going crazy at the moment.

This looks like a question that could have easily been asked in the Stupid Questions thread. Next time, try that instead of creating a useless thread.

That said, the timeline of events for recent Iron Man stories starts with the Mighty Avengers storyline, moves onto WWH which some issues of his solo title have tied into. The current storyline in Tony's solo title takes place after WWH. Stark Tower being shown as still standing could either be a huge continuity error or something that ties into the ending of WWH which we obviously have not seen yet.

That help?

And don't forget the Stupid Questions thread. :up:

New/Mighty Avengers ---> World War Hulk ---> most core books (e.g. Iron Man, Captain America, Spider-Man)

unfortunately most of the newer writers of the past few years see marvels continuity as a roadblock to their creativity or lack of same as the case may be

New/Mighty Avengers ---> World War Hulk ---> most core books (e.g. Iron Man, Captain America, Spider-Man)
I thought Captain America was before the rest of the universe, right around the New/Mighty Avengers period. Didn't Sharon, Sam, and Bucky all start their respective hunts just after Cap's funeral?

Iron man is also sitting in an underwater Sheild station in Atlantis....he's been there for at least five days

It's all very simple, all you have to do is realize that everything isn't happening at the same time, also you need to take into account how long each situation is actually taking place. MA has only been going on for an hour, Starks been underwater investigating the possible destrucion of Atlantis for about an hour, WWH took place over the course of two days. Everything that's going on in Caps book takes place less than a week or two after Cap's death., which started a few days after Civil War ended, and a good few weeks before WWH started.

unfortunately most of the newer writers of the past few years see marvels continuity as a roadblock to their creativity or lack of same as the case may be
Not our man Slott. God Bless him he uses it to great advantge!

Marvel has Continuity?
I know that's a joke, but it's a little offensive.

That's an LMD. :o
*CoughcontinuitycopoutCOUGH*

Marvel continuity is an oxymoron.
as opposed to DC?

Wow, if you take offense to a joke about the way a comic book company handles their comics, which you arn't even affiliated with, you got a problem.

Wow, if you take offense to a joke about the way a comic book company handles their comics, which you arn't even affiliated with, you got a problem.
If I take offense to a joke you make about marvel continuity, imagine how I feel when I read Bendis' work.:woot:

....wait... Marvel has continuity?

....wait... Marvel has continuity?
I'm this flippin' close to losing it. I mean come on. Okay, they have occasional lapses in continuity. I'm sorry all the writers aren't divine GODS who never make mistakes. But aside from them ascending to a new plane of being how about you all realize that Marvel's continuity is pretty damn good considering the breadth of the 616

People tend to magnify the bad and forget the good. All the little snipes at Marvel's continuity are probably the result of guys like Bendis and Millar, who flagrantly flout continuity to do their own thing with established Marvel characters. They're a miniority, but they're a very influential minority in the landscape of Marvel's comics.

People tend to magnify the bad and forget the good. All the little snipes at Marvel's continuity are probably the result of guys like Bendis and Millar, who flagrantly flout continuity to do their own thing with established Marvel characters. They're a miniority, but they're a very influential minority in the landscape of Marvel's comics.
sort of like how people believe humans to be the most prolific form of life, yet all vertebrates (of which humans are a group) are out numbered by invertebrates by several factors.

Or how, despite how most of us live, three quarters of the earth's surface is covered in water.

Um... I guess? :confused:

Anyway, if people complaining about continuity bothers you that much, these boards will probably drive you insane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"