Marvel Continuity?

The goal of any good forum is to make its members more closely resemble maggots. :up:

Yeah...15 years ago.

Yeah, not really. The Irredeemable Ant-Man series basically spun out of Wolverine's "Enemy of the State" arc. The Order has been featured in Avengers: Initiative, as well as the New Warriors being referenced. Tony is still dealing with the loss of Steve in his book. The New Avengers book has featured the Mighty Avengers. Hank Pym is shown as dating Tigra in two different books, now. Pete's status as a Avenger has been heavily used in ASM. Thor's relaunch made great use of Civil War. Messiah Complex just referenced Civil War this past week. Uncanny X-Men, Fantastic Four and Black Panther have all been using Storm and referencing each other. Avengers: Initiative showed us why Tony's plan in WWH didn't work. Do I really need to continue?

Okay, let me specify my comment.

At least DC references other books from BEFORE 5 years ago.

Marvel's books reference each other all the time. Sure, there's continuity hiccups like DC has, but to say there's no relationship between the titles is ******ed.

It's not about hiccups. Minus Slott, today's crop of Marvel writers only care about what is happening RIGHT NOW.

If you'd like me to write a dissertation about every horrid ignoring of history that Bendis, JMS and crew have done, we'll be here all day. It's hardly a tight ship.

Not seeing THAT is ******ed.

It's not about hiccups. Minus Slott, today's crop of Marvel writers only care about what is happening RIGHT NOW.

False. Like I previously mentioned, Kirkman's Ant-Man series was steeped in Marvel continuity. Also, Marvel's biggest event right now is being orchestrated by Greg Pak. He's referenced obscure things in not only the Hulk's past, but also in Rick Jones', The Champions, She-Hulk's, Korg's, Tom Foster's, etc. Matt Fraction's Punisher: War Journal is set firmly in the MU and uses things other writers have done. The first Christos Gage work I read was the Civil War one-shot with Cap and Iron Man that was covered in backstory. Guggenheim's Wolverine work spun out of Civil War and drew it's story from a mutlitude of other writers.

All that said, I don't where you're getting "today's crop of Marvel writers." If you've got a problem with Bendis and Millar, that's fine, but don't lump Marvel's new "crop of writers" in with that trash.

I hope you're right. Kirkman, Slott and the youngin's are truly the best Marvel has in terms of continuity. BUT, their big guns could give a crap. Hell, half the time they don't even get thier OWN continuity right.

Maybe they've got the choice prime time slots, but there's always something good on if you just look around. I had to drop Avengers because of Bendis' ****wittage, but it got me looking around and I wound up with Immortal Iron Fist and other less-popular-but-infinitely-better titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"