Marvel Knights

As if most people would know what Marvel Knights meant. They aren't going to care about the Marvel Knights labelling than the actual movie. Lol that.

People are going to see what they want to see. And kids aren't going to skip something even if its the darkest thing in the movie, if they want to watch. Not even an unneccessary Marvel.knights logo.... we don't even see the Marvel Cinematic Universe logo in any of the movies. Yeah good luck with that because it ain't happening.

Pretty much this. A "Marvel Knights" branding would be pretty much ineffective at the one thing that might theoretically justify it. You would be far better off just relying on the traditional indicator: the movie's rating. If you make Deadpool 3 and its R-rated, that would be far more meaningful in terms of telling people "Hey, don't bring your kids" than some vague branding label. Sure, some people will ignore or overlook this, but they would be just as likely to ignore a meaningless-to-them label like 'Marvel Knights'.

Pretty much this. A "Marvel Knights" branding would be pretty much ineffective at the one thing that might theoretically justify it. You would be far better off just relying on the traditional indicator: the movie's rating. If you make Deadpool 3 and its R-rated, that would be far more meaningful in terms of telling people "Hey, don't bring your kids" than some vague branding label. Sure, some people will ignore or overlook this, but they would be just as likely to ignore a meaningless-to-them label like 'Marvel Knights'.

The Knights logo could also indicate a separate "darker" storyline outside of the main MCU films since they all seem to be heading in one direction, having the Knights distinction as a rating/story indicator works for me.

They used it once and it was probably because they wanted darker/violent characters like The Punisher to be under it, so they obviously had a plan they shelved before the main MCU movies became as popular as they are.

Knights don't also automatically translate to "violent hardcore R18 scenes/imagery". When I hear "Knights" my mind thinks of medieval history.

Also when Marvel has characters like Moon Knight, Black Knight, some would confuse the term Marvel Knights to those characters.

Knights don't also automatically translate to "violent hardcore R18 scenes/imagery". When I hear "Knights" my mind thinks of medieval history.

Also when Marvel has characters like Moon Knight, Black Knight, some would confuse the term Marvel Knights to those characters.

Indeed. If anything, my mind would go to "knights = Arthur/Camelot/Round Table = moral paragons", and figure it was a term for some unofficial "Captain America and his amazing friends" team.

I mean, the whole point of this kind of brand is that you promote it so that people do recognize it for what it means so the idea that people will confuse it for something Arthurian really isn't very relevant.

That does mean that, at first (and probably for quite a while), you'd be spending more promoting these films in order to make sure everyone understands what they are. Theoretically, you would eventually turn a corner where the brand is well-known enough that just seeing it tells people what to expect.

The question is whether the time and money spent to reach that point is actually worth the effort relative to the usefulness of the brand once its fully established. Honestly, I doubt it would be. But you never know.

They don't even put the logo of the MCU in any of the films.

They didn't make a separate brand for the shows in which are obviously in a separate category compare to the films due to its reach/platform.

If Marvel Studios has something really violent (I doubt it)... the MPAA rating and the trailers will just tell the audience that its a hardcore Marvel film.

Marvel Knights branding or logo just seems unnecessary when those films would be just under the MCU anyway, under the same studio, under Kevin Feige. The general public won't even care about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"