Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, and Blade?

DoomRulz

A guy that comes and goes
Reaction score
http://geeknation.com/is-marvel-bringing-moon-knight-ghost-rider-and-blade-to-their-netflix-lineup/

According to Movie Creed Live (via Latino Review), Marvel is looking to bring three more shows to Netflix, and the characters they have lined up certainly fit in with the darker, grittier sensibilities of their current library. If the rumor turns out to be true, we can look forward to seeing Moon Knight, Ghost Rider and Blade on the small screen, each being featured in their own solo series.

If this is true, I'm going to gush so much. A Ghost Rider series?!?!?! Yes please :ilv:

Ha. I posted my thoughts in the Defenders forum.

I'm up for Blade and Moon Knight but I'm not sure how Ghost Rider can work on TV since he had a flaming skull for a head and even then, I'm not sure how Blackheart and Mephisto can be done since they'd need to be pure CGI creations. I mean if Shou Lao in Iron Fist turns out alright I might change my mind but even then, it might be a better to not show Mephisto's true form except for one scene in one episode and then use villains like Centurious, Deathwatch, Scarecrow and Blackout.

I personally would do Mephisto as a bigger bad for the first season and have Scarecrow be the bad guy that Johnny is fighting.

I saw a version earlier (I can't seem to find right now) that also said Spider-Man 2099 (which seems a really bad idea). I'll wait for more confirmation regardless, but I think Marvel television could use some good news right about now.

Ha. I posted my thoughts in the Defenders forum.

I'm up for Blade and Moon Knight but I'm not sure how Ghost Rider can work on TV since he had a flaming skull for a head and even then, I'm not sure how Blackheart and Mephisto can be done since they'd need to be pure CGI creations. I mean if Shou Lao in Iron Fist turns out alright I might change my mind but even then, it might be a better to not show Mephisto's true form except for one scene in one episode and then use villains like Centurious, Deathwatch, Scarecrow and Blackout.

I personally would do Mephisto as a bigger bad for the first season and have Scarecrow be the bad guy that Johnny is fighting.
Well tv cgi is pretty good now a days, and all you need is fire effects and a skull model. It could definitely be done. Though it may feel out of place next to the other series, which are very low on cgi.

Moon Knight would be great to finally give the MCU a true blue Jewish superhero.

I can see Moon Knight and blade but considering the budget constraint in a netflix series , not sure how they can pull off Ghost rider.

Moon Knight yes. This should definitely happen ASAP.

Skeptical about Blade because I will find it difficult to believe there are vampires in the overall MCU.

Skeptical about Ghost Rider because of the CGI for him and his villains. The character was difficult to take seriously with a cinematic budget.

It has to be fake. The three names that people are constantly demanding on Netflix all of a sudden happening, reported by a site that's not even trustworthy?

The news was trending on Facebook. I'm very excited for Moon Knight if its true.

Shame about Blade since I doubt Snipes would want to do another TV series following The Player.

I'm intrigued by Blade and excited for Moon Knight as long as they get Rami Malek but I honestly couldn't care less about Ghost Rider

The revelation of vampires in the MCU will only make the world more terrifyingly-exciting. Shocking when it hits but exciting. I really want the Blade series now.

It has to be fake. The three names that people are constantly demanding on Netflix all of a sudden happening, reported by a site that's not even trustworthy?

But um, yeah, this^.

Skeptical about Blade because I will find it difficult to believe there are vampires in the overall MCU.

Why? There are also secret ninja clans that weren't know before DD, K'un Lun we didn't know about before, sorcerers that weren't heard of before Doctor Strange, Atillan exists somewhere too. Why would vampires existing be more difficult to believe than any of that?

For me, Vampires would be weirder because Vampires are, generally, distributed throughout the world, instead of locked up in one hidden place. Also, ninjas are known for their secrecy... vampires leave mysterious killings around all the time, and pop up in random places.

So for some reason, as soon as Blade shows up, all of a sudden all these vampires show up for him and only him. That's weird, and a bit silly.

-Rami Malek as Moon Knight would be utterly brilliant.

In the original trilogy they were hidden from the public all the way through to Trinity - heck I don't think the mass even found out by the end of that film either. Could easily be the same in the MCU.

Moon Knight would be very interesting because he was never done before.

But I'm also ready for MCU's version of Ghost Rider and Blade!

I ****ing have been begging for a Blade series. I hope to god this is true

There was a rumor that Wesley Snipes spoke with Marvel about Blade. That the series would follow a new female Blade with Wesley as the Whistler. Which could be interesting.
For me, Vampires would be weirder because Vampires are, generally, distributed throughout the world, instead of locked up in one hidden place. Also, ninjas are known for their secrecy... vampires leave mysterious killings around all the time, and pop up in random places.

So for some reason, as soon as Blade shows up, all of a sudden all these vampires show up for him and only him. That's weird, and a bit silly.

-Rami Malek as Moon Knight would be utterly brilliant.
I agree, if vampires appear I'd want them to be really in the minority. Maybe not everyone turns and with their lists of weakens have a high death rate. So they need a good reason no one has caught on to their existence save for a few hunters. Maybe a hundreds of years ago they were more prevalent and at one time then almost went instinct. Since then have appeared here and there but never in large numbers. Now they are just starting to reform secret societies to protect each other and grow, with ambitions to take over the world. Thus giving a driving plot for Blade.

There was a rumor that Wesley Snipes spoke with Marvel about Blade. That the series would follow a new female Blade with Wesley as the Whistler. Which could be interesting.

I agree, if vampires appear I'd want them to be really in the minority. Maybe not everyone turns and with their lists of weakens have a high death rate. So they need a good reason no one has caught on to their existence save for a few hunters. Maybe a hundreds of years ago they were more prevalent and at one time then almost went instinct. Since then have appeared here and there but never in large numbers. Now they are just starting to reform secret societies to protect each other and grow, with ambitions to take over the world. Thus giving a driving plot for Blade.

This has intrigued me. If the Blade films are canonized within the MCU and took place in the 90s/early 2000s before Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk, with that Blade having defeated a substantial portion of the vampires in existence. Then in the modern day they begin to regain strength. This would all be very interesting. I'd absolutely be willing to give this a chance. Blade being a codename of sorts for the daywalker and Whistler being a codename for his/her tech support.

Hmmm.... I'm on board.

Also this would plant Ryan Reynolds in the MCU haha. Not the most glamorous of arrivals, but intriguing nonetheless.

Last edited:

Yep. Strong odds its just clickbait guessing. Especially given the budget problems a Ghost Rider show would face.

As for vampires in the MCU, I've long said the best way to handle it: several centuries back, somebody sealed away the source of easy "black magic" ( Chthon ). This resulted in almost all the monstery things either dying, going into torpor, or drastically weakening in power. The result is, come the 20th century, vampires are an endangered species, and most people don't believe they ever existed. You have a few strongholds of their kind in remote places like Transylvania, and you have a double handful quietly wandering the world in various places, keeping a low profile less the few still-active orders or lineages of vampire hunters kill them.

Then, somebody accidentally or deliberately undoes the binding, and now? All the monsters and easy dark magic are coming back. . . .

I hope that Blade is a full, hard reboot.

1. Blade in the comics is British, not American. I want to see the a comic-accurate Blade on screen this time. Preferably played by John Boyega or David Oyelowo. In The Tomb of Dracula, Blade had to deal with an incredible amount of Xenophobia as he wasn't just black, he wasn't just a foreigner, he was a black man from a white country in civil rights-era America. By making him American, the films ultimately stripped him of what made him interesting.

2. I want the actual Blade, not his daughter. Blade is an iconic character. The first film started the superhero film boom. It feels like a cop-out to not feature the real deal, particularly since Blade hasn't been featured in the MCU yet. Fans have waited a long, long time for this and not giving them what they asked for would be a huge let-down.

The Tomb of Dracula series lasted for two volumes from 1972-1980 comprising 76 issues. Why can't we get Tomb of Dracula

3. I want more comic accurate takes on Deacon Frost and Dracula. It feels strange to get rid of them. Dracula is a complex and interesting villain and taking him off the table when he defined the 70s Blade comics to the point where the series was titled The Tomb of Dracula. He was done WRONG in Blade: Trinity and if Marvel really are keeping those films in continuity, then they'd be wasting an incredible villain who is a vampire who even Blade can't defeat.

4. What if the relaunch fails just as badly as Marvel's Inhumans titles due to fan backlash? The sheer amount of legacy characters in the Marvel U is why sales overall are slipping yet the titles that are selling are Black Panther, Invincible Iron Man and Doctor Strange because they're familiar to audiences. Inhumans being shoved down fans' throats as the next big thing failed horribly. Steve is already back to being Captain America and honestly, it won't be long until we get old Scott and young Logan back on the X-Men and now that it's confirmed that Bruce Banner isn't dead and Jane Foster is dying, we'll soon get the original Hulk and Thor back sooner rather than later.

The only really successful legacy characters in the Marvel U anyway are Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel and Sam Alexander. Carol worked because Mar-Vell was a boring character who nobody could relate to and his name was a bit too corny. Mar-Vell's death was an incredibly emotional story that will hopefully never be undone. Sam Alexander worked because I can't type the name of the original Nova on here for fear of getting banned and that name was a hard sell to readers so it made sense to start from scratch.

Keep in mind that I'm far more partial to Phyla-Vell over Wendell Vaughn but now there's a third Quasar who's being trained by Wendell and Phyla is still dead. That's because even though I liked her as a character, she was still a legacy character. Successful legacy characters go on to get their own series under a new name like War Machine and Winter Soldier and it's likely that Sam Wilson's title will be renamed Falcon in coming months since nobody cares about the, "All-New All-Different Falcon."

5. Blade's supporting cast from The Tomb of Dracula would be missing. I really want to see a Hannibal King who's still a vampire and Rachel van Helsing show up.

6. Making a TV show out of a just launched comic series lacks enough source material to do justice to it. You'd have to make 13 episodes out of a series that may very well get canceled.

7. What happens to the continuity of the old TV show? You know, the one that got canceled after one season? That had Chthon in it. Will that impact the Doctor Strange films going forward? Again, it was an obscure show and it feels strange to make people have to watch it.

8. Movie Blade was to much of a sociopath towards his own kind. I want to see Spitfire as a love interest despite her being a vampire. Wesley Snipes' portrayal would never do that. This is the place to drop Spitfire in the MCU since I think that it's doubtful that Marvel would ever get the rights back to Captain Britain from Fox as he's with the X-Men rights.

9. Ultimately, I just want the Blade that I've been following for years to show up in the MCU. All other points above are just me attempting to justify my nostalgia and my belief that Blade wasn't broken and didn't need to be replaced.

Punisher
Moon Knight
Deathlok
Spiderwoman

Those were rumored shows about a year ago. These new ones I think need a higher budget. Too many shows going on at once is going to hurt each shows overall quality. So far, I'm wondering if it already has. DD wrapped up the first season pretty quick without plans for a 2nd season (until after the Defenders) then got filmed pretty quickly while JJ seems to have had a minimal budget with not great special effects when they were sparingly utilized and perhaps also could've benefitted from a break in filming schedule to work over the plot some more script wise. Too many shows for just 1 television service.

This has intrigued me. If the Blade films are canonized within the MCU and took place in the 90s/early 2000s before Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk, with that Blade having defeated a substantial portion of the vampires in existence. Then in the modern day they begin to regain strength. This would all be very interesting. I'd absolutely be willing to give this a chance. Blade being a codename of sorts for the daywalker and Whistler being a codename for his/her tech support.

Hmmm.... I'm on board.

Also this would plant Ryan Reynolds in the MCU haha. Not the most glamorous of arrivals, but intriguing nonetheless.
I'd rather they not canonize the Blade films, but it'd be a fun connection like the 90's Flash as Barry's father in the current series.

As for vampires in the MCU, I've long said the best way to handle it: several centuries back, somebody sealed away the source of easy "black magic" ( Chthon ). This resulted in almost all the monstery things either dying, going into torpor, or drastically weakening in power. The result is, come the 20th century, vampires are an endangered species, and most people don't believe they ever existed. You have a few strongholds of their kind in remote places like Transylvania, and you have a double handful quietly wandering the world in various places, keeping a low profile less the few still-active orders or lineages of vampire hunters kill them.

Then, somebody accidentally or deliberately undoes the binding, and now? All the monsters and easy dark magic are coming back. . . .
I'd like this idea too. Just something that explains why they're not common knowledge, why they're suddenly a force to be reckoned with, and give the protagonist a challenge to overcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"