Marvel Movies: Best-to-worst

Here's my list

1. Spiderman 2 - It captured the Stan Lee's vision of a normal teen struggling to cope with his heroic duties and his personal life
2. Iron Man - You had a likeable character, great action (outside of the last fight with Iron Monger), and some pretty funny moments.
3. Spiderman- It was an origin story told right, and it had great action.
4. X-men - Spiderman may have brought the comic book superhero film back to popularity, but X-men's the movie that got the genre back on notice
5. The Incredible Hulk- Great Reboot, more action oriented, and it had Edward Norton as Banner. And seeing Liv Tyler is never a bad thing too.
6. X-men 2- Loved how so many characters were fit into this film. We saw more about Wolverine, and Magneto working with the X-men. Plus Colossus got his 15 minutes in his film (okay, more like 10 seconds) but fine.
7. Blade - It brought back comic book films, though I count this more as a horror film than superhero film.
8. Blade 2- Loved it.
9. Spiderman 3- I don't like this film much. They messed up Venom, made Peter Parker look emo (allegedly the symbiote makes you a jerk doing dance numbers instead of evil), and no one could stop crying in this film, not to mention the underwhelming villains. But yet, i still can't stop watching. I love Spiderman too much to stop watching.
10. Hulk - It was smart, but it too slow paced, and pretty boring at times. The film did not really blow me away.
11. X-men the Last Stand - I could go for hours about how much I hate this film. Cyclops, terrible story, Unessescary bridge collaspe scene, and so much more.
12. Fantastic Four/Fantastic Four 2 - Both Fantastic Four and Fantastic Four 2 tries to be funny, dramatic, and science fiction at the same time. It fails at nearly all 3 of them. Terrible Casting (other than Thing and Johnny Storm), and Terrible story telling for just a terrible film.
13 Punisher - Punisher just never appealed to me.
14. Punisher War Zone - See 13
15. Ghost Rider/Electra - Just absolute crap. Miscasting everywhere. Nicholas Cage and Jennifer Garner are just heavily miscasted.

I've never Seen Blade Trinity, Daredevil, or Howard The Duck

My favorites and could watch over and over again

1.Punisher: War Zone
2.The Punisher '04
3.Iron Man
4.Blade
5.Spider-Man 2
6.The Incredible Hulk
7.Spider-Man
8.X-Men
9.Blade 2
10.X2
11.Last Stand
12.Spider-Man 3

My least favorites and don't want to watch ever again

13.Fantastic 4
14.Daredevil
15.Ghost Rider
16.FF2: RISE OF THE SILVER SURFER
17.Hulk
18.Blade: Trinity
19.Elektra
20.Man-Thing

All Time Favorites
Spider-Man
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 3
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man

Really Good
X-Men
X-Men 2
X-Men 3
The Punisher
Daredevil Director's Cut

Pretty Good/Decent
The Hulk
The Punisher: War Zone
(no, it wasn't perfect, but I really enjoyed it as an action film, Punisher was badass)
Fantastic Four
Fantastic Four Rise of The Silver Surfer

Mediocre
Ghost Rider (enjoyed, but should have been AMAZING)

Not Worst ever, but not good
Elektra

another film, another update * Now Color-Coded *:

1. Spider-Man 2
2. X2: X-Men United
3. Iron Man
4. Spider-Man

5. The Incredible Hulk
6. X-Men: The Last Stand

7. Daredevil (DC)
8. X-Men
9. Blade

10. Spider-Man 3
11. Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
12. Hulk

13. Blade 2
14. Ghost Rider
15. Elektra
16. Punisher

17. Fantastic Four
18. X-Men Origins: Wolverine
19. Punisher: War Zone
20. Blade Trinity

Last edited:
Aww, is Wolvie really that bad?:csad:

to be honest? no... Wolvie i consider about equal to X3 and Spider-man 3.... It wasn't nearly as disappointing as those films were, and it didn't make me angry like those films did (especially spidey) but the CG was off in a bit of places and the story was alot worse. So there all around the same imo

Official New Tally (based on enjoyability/quality/etc)

1)Iron Man (nuff said)

2)X-men 2 (not comic accurate at all, but a very well done film in its own universe)

3)Spider-man 2 (ock rocked, peter and mj sucked, but the story was great)

3)Spider-man 1 (my favorite spidey film, tied with 2 for me)

4)The Incredible Hulk (very well done hulk film, enjoyed it alot)

5)X-men 1 (began the butchering of x-men, but was enjoyable and well done none the less)

6)Daredevil: Directors Cut (far better then the normal film and enjoyed it)

7)X-men 3 (horribly off from the comics, but still enjoyable, first big marvel let down)

7)X-men Origins: Wolverine (far less dissapointing then X3, but story wise not as interesting. could have been alot better but still enjoyable)

8)Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (more enjoyable then the first)

8)Blade Trinity (i know this isnt the popular opinion, but i actually enjoyed this)

8)Fantastic Four (had its good and bad moments)

9)Blade (enjoyed it)

9)Blade 2 (for some reason this film was the least enjoyable to me)

10) HULK (had it's good and bad moments, too long and to serious though)

10)The Punisher (tom jane rocked)

11)Spider-man 3 (made me feel embarrassed to be a spider-man fan)

12)Elektra (very out of character, was not hardly elektra at all, story and cinematography were alright though, but meh)

13)Howard the Duck (cult classic, guilty pleasure)

14)Punisher: War Zone (pretty disappointing, but in weird ways, the most accurate to comic yet)

15)The Punisher (dolph was hardly frank castle)

16)Nick Fury: Agent of Shield (sci fi movie of the week... litterally)

17)Man-Thing (see above)

1)Iron Man
2)Spiderman 2
3) X-Men Origins:Wolverine
4) X-Men 2
5) The Incredible Hulk
6) Spiderman 3
7) X-Men
8) Spiderman

The good:

X-Men
Iron Man
Spiderman 2
Hulk
X-Men 3: The Last Stand

The not that good

X2
Daredevil
The Incredible Hulk
Spiderman

The bad:

Spiderman 3
The Punisher
Fantastic Four (both)

Have to squeeze Wolvie in there. It's pretty much the same level as the last X-men film

I'm only counting theatrical releases since the first Blade movie
These are pretty much in order

Superior
Spider-man 2
X2
Iron Man

Good movies
Spider-man
Incredible Hulk
Hulk
X-men
Blade

Worth seeing as a Marvel fan
Spider-man 3
Punisher
X-men 3
Wolverine

Not so good
Fantastic Four
Fantastic Four 2
Blade 2
Daredevil

Garbage
Punisher: War Zone
Blade 3
Ghost Rider
Elektra

That's for Best to worst. I think I will also do something I have never done before, which is my personal favorites ranked in order.

Spider-man 2
X2
Spider-man
Incredible Hulk
Hulk
Spider-man 3
IronMan
Punisher
X-men
Blade

Those are the ones I liked enough to buy on home video. The rest, I could really give a slag about. Sorry that Wolverine didn't quite make that list.

Last edited:
You're not the only one, man. It was too disappointing .

yup. the only thing it had going for it sadly was MJ (kirsten for the first time i felt did an adiquit job in terms of MJ when she's more serious), and Franco.

tobey was awful, sandman was pointless and given a far to involved back history that wasn't needed, venom was raped, jazz numbers, topher grace, etc... :( That is why it's so low on my list.... it's far more put together then some films and the effects are top notch, but it fell sooooooo far below the bars of spidey/spidey2/X1 and X2/Ironman/Incredible Hulk/TDK/etc... etc... etc... that it literally made me sick to my stomach.

Blade1 (for innovative look feel and action, it was what the Mortal Kombat 1 fans wanted to see in the sequel.
Spiderman 2
Ironman
Blade II(What a Marvel Punisher film should have been.

Bottom 5
Daredevil (sloppy fight scenes, uninspired acting did not make me feel sorry for him.
Fantastic Four 2 (just ridiculous)
Blade Trinity (The scene where HHH was arguing about genitalia with Ryan Reynolds kilt it~Insulting end to an otherwise great trilogy)
GhostRider (In the hands of an experienced director could have been a cult classic not a family flop. Hower GR needs to be introduced into a film alongside a more established character.
Absolute worse?
SpiderMan 3 (What the Hell were they thinking? I walked out before the ending and I have never seen this peice of garbage on DVD, p2p ever. Reboot!

Latest one:

1)X2
2)Spiderman 2.1
3)Hulk
4)Iron Man
-)Blade II
6)Spiderman
7)X-Men
8)Blade
9)The Incredible Hulk
10)Spiderman 3
11)Daredevil: DC
12)Ghost Rider
13)X-Men Origins:Wolverine
14)The Punisher
15)Fantastic Four:Rise Of The Silver Surfer
16)Punisher: War Zone
17)Fantastic Four
18)Blade Trinity
19)Elektra
20)X3:The Last Stand

Latest one:

1)X2
2)Spiderman 2.1
3)Hulk
4)Iron Man
-)Blade II
6)Spiderman
7)X-Men
8)Blade
9)The Incredible Hulk
10)Spiderman 3
11)Daredevil: DC
12)Ghost Rider
13)X-Men Origins:Wolverine
14)The Punisher
15)Fantastic Four:Rise Of The Silver Surfer
16)Punisher: War Zone
17)Fantastic Four
18)Blade Trinity
19)Elektra
20)X3:The Last Stand
i didnt like anything 2.1 added to the theatrical release. and it ruined the hilarious elevator scene.

Blade1 (for innovative look feel and action, it was what the Mortal Kombat 1 fans wanted to see in the sequel.
Spiderman 2
Ironman
Blade II(What a Marvel Punisher film should have been.

Bottom 5
Daredevil (sloppy fight scenes, uninspired acting did not make me feel sorry for him.
Fantastic Four 2 (just ridiculous)
Blade Trinity (The scene where HHH was arguing about genitalia with Ryan Reynolds kilt it~Insulting end to an otherwise great trilogy)
GhostRider (In the hands of an experienced director could have been a cult classic not a family flop. Hower GR needs to be introduced into a film alongside a more established character.
Absolute worse?
SpiderMan 3 (What the Hell were they thinking? I walked out before the ending and I have never seen this peice of garbage on DVD, p2p ever. Reboot!

I still think Taken would've make a great potential Punisher film if you replaced the main character with Punisher and edit a few elements in the storyline.

BEST
1. The Hulk
2. Spider-man 2
3. Spider-man
4. X-men
5. Iron man
6. X-men 2
7. Blade II
8. The Incredible Hulk
9. Blade
10. Daredevil
11. Fantastic Four: Rise of silver surfer
12. Fantastic Four
13. Spider-man 3
14. X-men 3
15. Ghost Rider
16. Blade Trinity
17. Elektra
18. Fantastic Four 1994
19. Howard the Duck

My favorite Marvel film is Spider-man 1 though.

Personally, I wouldn't call any of Marvel's films "classics". For me that term would represent a film that set the benchmark for OR re-defined a genre and will be remembered for generations to come. The only two comic book movies in existence I would even put in that category are Superman: The Movie and possibly The Dark Knight. There are only a few films that can ever hold that presitge and I don't think Marvel has done it. Spider-man 2 may be a spectacular film, but it won't be remembered as a classic.
I think it will. Even though they're not the best they have a very wide appeal. Spider-man was also the first HUGE (and when I mean huge Im talking its impressive box office results) superhero film of the 2000s. Superhero films have definitely played an important part of culture during this decade and the Spider-man films are very significant when it comes to this.

So far the films I see being remembered years from now are: Spider-man 1&2 and The Dark Knight.

Excellent:

X-Men
X2: X-Men United
The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man

Good:

Daredevil
Spiderman
Spiderman 2

Meh:

X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Ghost Rider
Hulk

Crappy:

Punisher: War Zone
X-Men: The Last Stand
Blade

Last edited:
What's with all the people on here saying Blade was a bad movie? It so wasn't. Its actually one of the best and most underrated imo.

I think it will. Even though they're not the best they have a very wide appeal. Spider-man was also the first HUGE (and when I mean huge Im talking its impressive box office results) superhero film of the 2000s. Superhero films have definitely played an important part of culture during this decade and the Spider-man films are very significant when it comes to this.

So far the films I see being remembered years from now are: Spider-man 1&2 and The Dark Knight.

I agree. I dislike all the hate the Spiderman film series gets after that awful 3rd film. I liked Tobey Maguire as Peter Parker, though Raimi took some liberties on the character (though Spiderman 3 was overkill).

Spiderman 1 great. Spiderman 2 is a classic.

What's with all the people on here saying Blade was a bad movie? It so wasn't. Its actually one of the best and most underrated imo.

It was good enough in it's day, but I think it hasn't aged all that well. Still not a bad movie though.

Blade - Good
X-Men - Good
Blade II - Great
Spider-Man - OK
Daredevil - Bad
X2 - Great
Hulk - Bad
The Punisher - OK/Good
Spider-Man 2 - Good/Great
Blade: Trinity - Bad/Crap
Elektra - Crap
Fantastic Four - Crap