Marvel TV Series Marvel On Disney Streaming Service (aka Disney +)

I can't wait for all these MCU shows to be made and put up. Other than the Mandalorian and that Jeff Goldblum show I don't have a lot to watch at the moment. I tried watching some of the old school animated series like Iron Man but at my age I can't get past the cheese, subpar animation and the voice work/dialogue was quite terrible. I might put them on as backgroun noise when I'm working on something else and look up occassionally.

I wish they had launched with a couple more shows ready to watch.

I can't wait for all these MCU shows to be made and put up. Other than the Mandalorian and that Jeff Goldblum show I don't have a lot to watch at the moment. I tried watching some of the old school animated series like Iron Man but at my age I can't get past the cheese, subpar animation and the voice work/dialogue was quite terrible. I might put them on as backgroun noise when I'm working on something else and look up occassionally.
I can't speak for Iron Man, but I'm still digging Spider-Man '94 at my old age, lol.

X-Men less so, though. The voice acting in that show is bugging me in a way it never did as a kid.

Clone Wars is legit pretty great Star Wars content for any age though, imo.

I can't speak for Iron Man, but I'm still digging Spider-Man '94 at my old age, lol.

X-Men less so, though. The voice acting in that show is bugging me in a way it never did as a kid.

That's right! I need to get around to watching some of the more modern Star Wars animated shows.

Yeah, watching some X-men episodes when it was on Netflix a number of years back...I can't believe I liked it so much when I was younger. The voice acting is fairly laughable.

Spiderman ‘94 still holds up! I’ve been watching on there too this past week. Now, the animation is really rough and the storytelling and editing is completely ADD but there is a genuine charm to it that still gets me.

Spiderman ‘94 still holds up! I’ve been watching on there too this past week. Now, the animation is really rough and the storytelling and editing is completely ADD but there is a genuine charm to it that still gets me.
Christopher Daniel Barnes' voice work as Spidey is still just absolutely great to me. He's still the voice I hear in my head when I think of (or read) Spidey, just as Kevin Conroy is as Bats.

Barnes will ALWAYS be my Spiderman. I could listen to him internal monologue forever. And the way he gives Peter a very glib, sarcastic sense of humor is how I feel Spidey should always be written unlike the way most writers nowadays try to write him like Deadpool.

Yes it does. It's still the best Spidey series too, considering there are more then 26 episodes.... I love the stroke of casting Ed Asner as JJJ too. Still my favorite.

I do need to check out Iron Man again. I remember liking it as a kid. But it weird, because at least the first season was kind of a Force Works show. Which is probably something best left in the 90's.

At least the season 2 OP is memorable. It was on my mind when Iron Man opened. Really sad with the direction (or lack of) they eventually went with Tony's "theme".

I still quite enjoy both the Spider-Man and X-Men shows from the 90s. Have they necessarily aged well? No but that's because animation is so much more advanced compared to now. Those shows were great for what they were.

Its a shame we have to wait a year for the first of the MCU Disney Plus shows to being.

I still quite enjoy both the Spider-Man and X-Men shows from the 90s. Have they necessarily aged well? No but that's because animation is so much more advanced compared to now. Those shows were great for what they were.

Yeah, those are still fun to re-watch. Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes is a legitimately good show with good animation, smart writing and many plot threads.

Its a shame we have to wait a year for the first of the MCU Disney Plus shows to being.

Nah, not that long. Its almost December and ‚d expect Falcon in summer - it‘ll take the empty slot of the July-August-release, which might‘ve been GotG Vol.3

Last edited:
Falcon & Winter Soldier's supposed to debut in August, I believe.

Geez such a wait! But oh well I reckon Disney+ is pretty much a part of the family now haha

I think Feige said Fall when he did the SDCC panel

Has the length been confirmed for the episodes of each Marvel series yet?

I was assuming sans commercials a time limit of 60 minutes per episode which would've been a massive endeavor storytelling wise and perhaps provided an opportunity for Marvel Studio's to focus on narrative over spectacle for once.

It does seem this budget goes towards the length of a long movie right under 3 hours for the Mandalorian: The Mandalorian’s 30 Minute Episodes Have Gone From Strange To An Attractive Prospect

I haven't subscribed to Disney + yet as it seems they're not overly supportive of Hulu or really supportive of good programming standards in general. Cancelling the Runaways perhaps was good as the 2nd Season lost my interest but just overall kind of meh on Hulu in general after they gained 90% control of it. Also, each of these quarterly earnings reports concerning Fox and the types of restructuring that's been done since I find akin to any corporate swallow-up (slick PR of course makes any direct realization of this probably only more so in past tense but I digress).

Anyway, to be fair SVOD overall (not just Disney+) is slowly starting to become an annoyance as every step forward (especially with Netflix) seems to result in several infuriating steps back. The only positive I see at the moment isn't a grab bag of content but more so the high financed original shows that now seemingly have become a reality (after a perceptual back/forth on if this is so with Netflix). The 2nd positive of course is also discontinued shows being able to continue elsewhere sometimes too but that's a rarity.

As far as SVOD based grab bag of content goes, something far more customized and more transparent I think is going to increasingly be preferable (news headlines pertaining to something being out quickly becomes exasperating as should just be able to tell so much easier when log-in and see a schedule of new content and older discontinued and so forth like a TV guide would be nice). The lists on Netflix make it especially hard to find something to watch. I felt like throwing my CPU across the room having to sift through these; if a remote would've been so much easier to simply throw at the TV but I digress :o.

Disney+ even with a seemingly better user interface isn't as far of a departure as I would've liked
especially with their labelled content as culturally dated or the thing they've done with the Simpson's and just a lot of PR surrounding the Fox situation every quarterly report. This just makes it apparent the studio is now mainly just a content library to be mined (and revisioned of course). For now, Fox Searchlight is of course still being acknowledged at least until the next quarterly report to investors on stuff they probably aren't going to want to market for the next layer of contextualization that gets piled on PR wise.:shrug:

Last edited:
New Disney Plus TV shows (December 2019)
  • Marvel Rising: Chasing Ghosts – December 1
  • Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors – December 1
  • Marvel’s Hero Project episode 5 – December 6
  • Marvel’s Hero Project episode 6 – December 13
  • New Disney Plus movies (December 2019)
    • Thor: Ragnarok – December 5

What is Marvel's Hero Project and Marvel Rising? Saw a thumbnail for Hero Project but didn't check it out

Disney + has a lot of good MCU selections but what about like The Incredible Hulk? Thought I saw the first two Fantastic Four films but what about X-Men?

What is Marvel's Hero Project and Marvel Rising? Saw a thumbnail for Hero Project but didn't check it out

Disney + has a lot of good MCU selections but what about like The Incredible Hulk? Thought I saw the first two Fantastic Four films but what about X-Men?

What is Marvel's Hero Project and Marvel Rising? Marvel's Hero Project is a docu-series and Marvel Rising is an animated series of films.

The Incredible Hulk is owned by Universal, so Disney would have to buy the streaming rights. I hear in some countries the X-Men films are on Disney+, however I assume in the States they will be on Hulu.

I haven't heard anything about Fantastic Four films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"