Marvel TV Series Marvel On Disney Streaming Service (aka Disney +)

So Bob Iger is out. I wonder if this will change the shape of SW and the MCU?

So Bob Iger is out. I wonder if this will change the shape of SW and the MCU?
He's still going to be there for the next 2 years focusing on the creative side exclusively, likely bringing in talent, content, etc.

Star Wars seemed to be moving more towards streaming and new creative directions anyway, and Marvel is a machine at this point. I don't expect change beyond anything that was planned. We'll see in a few years. I just hope Mayer sticks around beyond Iger. He was the guy I would have bet on to be the next CEO.

Honestly, unless we soon hear of a major scandal involving him, it kinda sounds to me like Iger was getting ready to retire (for the 5th time) and just wanted to spend the rest of his contract doing what he considered the fun part of his job before he leaves.

X-Men profile pics have been added!
x-men-animatd-series-disney-plus-550x541.jpg

Last edited:
Coming to Disney+ in May

May 1

Marvel's Runaways (season 2)

May 22

• Marvel Rising: Operation Shuri (2019)

• Marvel's Future Avengers (season 2)

Which MCU films are being added this summer? I think there's a couple

Infinity War (June 25th) and Ant-Man & the Wasp (July 29th). Then they'll have the complete collection (minus the ones they can't have, eg, Spidey and Hulk).

That's cool! Sucks about no Incredible Hulk or Spidey but I expected and understand it

Infinity War (June 25th) and Ant-Man & the Wasp (July 29th). Then they'll have the complete collection (minus the ones they can't have, eg, Spidey and Hulk).

Is this for the US? Pretty sure Infinity war is on Disney + in the UK, along with AMATW.

we already had every MCU (except Hulk and Spiderman) movie at the launch...but the. again Onward anöde Starwars 9 won‘t be there until August/September

I‘m looking forward to it.
But I have the feeling this has been created in a rush, to give subscribers some new original content in the Marvel branch.
The start of Falcon & Wintersoldier would‘ve attracted a lot of new subscribers and they need desperately new content to legitimate the monthly and more important the annual subscriptions.
It is looking good for the 2nd season of Mandalorian, but not so much for Marvel.
Though I believe those two franchises have a big crossed section

Echo is reportedly going to appear in one of the shows.

Sarah Finn put out the call for a deaf female, Native American, First Nations, Indigenous or Latinx, 18 or older, to play the role of “Malia” in an upcoming Disney Plus series set to shoot this Fall. Finn is looking for someone “independent, athletic and bright” to play a 20 something character.

It’s obviously important to note that this casting call does not indicate what series the role is for, so we can only speculate that it’s for Echo, one of Marvel’s most prominent deaf characters, speculation made much easier by the fact that the description checks just about every box on the Maya Lopez checklist. However, while Finn is Marvel Studios casting director, she has also worked on Star Wars projects as well including The Mandalorian, so it’s possible the role could be for one of the Star Wars series in development as well.

It's a slight shame to completely remove her from Daredevil because the deaf and blind thing made for a nice pairing, but it's great to see her get a larger role.

Well, last night they added Infinity War ,so things are looking UP!

It'll be cool to have most in one place, probably makes it easier for Watch throughs

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"