Marvel TV Series Marvel On Disney Streaming Service (aka Disney +)

I just don't really see them being connected at this point. I believe that if Feige wanted to make a Luke Cage movie, itdi be someone other than Mike Colter in the role

If he wanted to make a Luke Cage movie, he wouldn't have let Marvel TV make a show. So who cares?

I think this kinda goes to show what Feige' and co's opinion of the Netflix shows and whether they consider them canon
I'm pretty sure when Feige watched Daredevil he would have been wanting to get in on it but as the shows moved on to Iron Fist he would be thinking there isn't enough quality control and he would want control like he has over all the films. Most of the fans seem to want an integrated film and TV universe so this is going to be a massive development.

I think with Disney Streaming doing this, that window you guys wanted for a crossover between a show and movie characters is now possible. Daredevil was never going to be in a movie. But potentially in like, a Hawkeye TV show on Disney Streaming? Now that is feasible.

It'll certainly open up the possibility of the Netflix characters possible appearing on one of the Disney streaming shows in a crossover, but I wouldn't hold my breath

Couldn't be more excited about this. I don't care how much this costs, the day it comes out I'm signing up.

And the Mouse knows this. He always knows what kind of worm to dangle on the hook, lol.

DC and Disney Streaming both have one hook for me at the moment Young Justice and Clone Wars, after that, neither has anything else really that is going make me subscribe.
If the rumors are true- then Marvel Streaming is going to develop series staring their MCU characters. Supposedly a Scarlet Witch series and a Loki series are the first two up for consideration. Spoiler-- I guess Loki isn't dead...lol

I can get into this. Especially Loki, Scarlet Witch and Hawkeye. :atp:

I don't agree with that, really. Maybe it says he would prefer he have control over how the bigger characters are treated on screen, but as far as cannon...Nah, this doesn't mean anything there. The current Marvel TV shows really don't effect the movie cannon, anyway. So really whether Feige thinks of them as cannon or not, who honestly cares? Marvel TV depend on the movies and still reference them. So for the shows, they're treated as same universe. Good enough for me.
So from what I've read the plan is to leave the Netflix shows right where they are--they are in the same universe but they're arent any plans to highlight as the Netflix shows are all of the same vibe and work well in their sub-world of the MCU. By the time the streaming service launches movies like Deadpool and Logan- and any other comic-book movie that doesn't have at least a PG-13 rating will go to Hulu.

Netflix has the NYC Street team of vigilantes, Hulu's got the more mature movies, and Marvel Streaming will serve as the main main hub w/original content in the form of characters having their very own series. This is an awesome way to explore and expand upon characters that have great stories to tell, but maybe not enough room for that story to be told in a movie. This is a HUGE....a brilliant move!

I don't agree with that, really. Maybe it says he would prefer he have control over how the bigger characters are treated on screen, but as far as cannon...Nah, this doesn't mean anything there. The current Marvel TV shows really don't effect the movie cannon, anyway. So really whether Feige thinks of them as cannon or not, who honestly cares? Marvel TV depend on the movies and still reference them. So for the shows, they're treated as same universe. Good enough for me.
So from what I've read the plan is to leave the Netflix shows right where they are--they are in the same universe but they're arent any plans to highlight as the Netflix shows are all of the same vibe and work well in their sub-world of the MCU. By the time the streaming service launches movies like Deadpool and Logan- and any other comic-book movie that doesn't have at least a PG-13 rating will go to Hulu (Disney will be the majority stakeholder after the Disney-Fox deal).

Netflix has the NYC Street team of vigilantes, Hulu's got the more mature movies, and Marvel Streaming will serve as the main main hub w/original content in the form of characters having their very own series. This is an awesome way to explore and expand upon characters that have great stories to tell, but maybe not enough room for that story to be told in a movie. This is a HUGE....a brilliant move!

Netflix, HBO, Amazon, Hulu and DC Universe already have my money and Disney was going to get my cash even if they didn't announce this.

These are truly great times to be alive!! :woo:

DC and Disney Streaming both have one hook for me at the moment Young Justice and Clone Wars, after that, neither has anything else really that is going make me subscribe.
They are going to have legit, canon, expensive Star Wars and Marvel live action series. I feel like this war is already over.

We live in exciting times
They are going to have legit, canon, expensive Star Wars and Marvel live action series. I feel like this war is already over.
Depends on how each series comes out. DC has more success on TV than Marvel, to me anyway.

We live in exciting times

Depends on how each series comes out. DC has more success on TV than Marvel, to me anyway.
The Netflix's shows have been way better then the DC shows imo. Same for Agent Carter. But it doesn't really matter. Because these are apparently coming from the film divisions.

This is the most exciting development in Disney/Marvel's streaming plans. Although I was already very interested in the service, the prospect of limited series featuring MCU characters and actors raises my hype level to fever pitch. The most important thing, for me, is that Kevin Feige is going to produce the shows and guide their development. With Feige in control of Marvel Studios' shows (and Marvel Entertainment staying far, far, away) fans have something great to look forward to.

If the rumors are true- then Marvel Streaming is going to develop series staring their MCU characters. Supposedly a Scarlet Witch series and a Loki series are the first two up for consideration. Spoiler-- I guess Loki isn't dead...lol

Loki's series could explore his adventures prior to the (neck) snap. For instance, he ruled Asgard in Odin's place for several years and he must have done other things besides put on plays about himself. Loki also has a rich mythological background that could be mined for material. There is a lot that can be done with him and many other MCU characters on the small screen.

I see the Netflix, Hulu, Freeform, and Inhumans shows like I see the Star Wars expanded universe. Not canon but interesting insights on what would be going on in that universe. SHIELD, I think is canon given the crossovers from certain actors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"