Marvel TV Series Marvel On Disney Streaming Service (aka Disney +)

Yeah, but I can't help having a nagging fear after Inhumans. They told us they were spending a lot of money on that, and the IMAX release made it all seem very promising... only to turn out to be one of the absolute worst shows I've seen in the past 10 years.

Once bitten, twice shy.

Eh, it's like blaming a bad experience at a Minor League Baseball game on their MLB affiliate. Yeah, it may be a Marvel product, but it wasn't produced by the flagship section of the company. Like, why would going to a Yankees game be less appealing because their minor league team had bad customer service?

Yeah, but I can't help having a nagging fear after Inhumans. They told us they were spending a lot of money on that, and the IMAX release made it all seem very promising... only to turn out to be one of the absolute worst shows I've seen in the past 10 years.

Once bitten, twice shy.
That's extremely short sighted. You are blaming marvels TV while this will be made by marvel Studios, a completely different division. That's like refusing to go to Russia because I had a bad experience visiting the Czech Republic

Once bitten, twice shy.
Doesn't make sense. It was made by different people who have no track record of success. In Inhumans' case in particular it was made by Scott Buck. There is no way it could have succeeded without replacing him. It's more like avoiding getting bitten around 20 times with the films and then letting those guys with a great record have a shot.

That's extremely short sighted. You are blaming marvels TV while this will be made by marvel Studios, a completely different division. That's like refusing to go to Russia because I had a bad experience visiting the Czech Republic

No, it's like wondering if I will enjoy visiting Russia after I had a bad experience visiting the Czech Republic, which is entirely reasonable. I never said I was refusing to give this a chance. In fact, I said I thought it was a great idea if done right.

But Marvel does have something to prove. I'm not going to put blind faith in them just because they tell me they're doing this right. They told me they were doing Inhumans right.

We need a Masters of Evil series with Zemo, Abomination and Leader. Thanks.

No, it's like wondering if I will enjoy visiting Russia after I had a bad experience visiting the Czech Republic, which is entirely reasonable. I never said I was refusing to give this a chance. In fact, I said I thought it was a great idea if done right.

But Marvel does have something to prove. I'm not going to put blind faith in them just because they tell me they're doing this right. They told me they were doing Inhumans right.
Marvel Studios has nothing to prove and they are the only studio in Hollywood that can claim that . If you can't tell the major and crucial difference between marvel TV ran by Loeb and marvel Studios ran by Feige then you haven't been paying much attention man.

If Feige and marvel Studios are involved in this They have nothing to prove.

We need a Masters of Evil series with Zemo, Abomination and Leader. Thanks.

Abomination may be too high budget for this.

But while we're on this topic and in that frame of mind (ignoring budget concerns), HULK SERIES!!! :cmad:

Doesn't make sense. It was made by different people who have no track record of success. In Inhumans' case in particular it was made by Scott Buck. There is no way it could have succeeded without replacing him. It's more like avoiding getting bitten around 20 times with the films and then letting those guys with a great record have a shot.

The problem is Marvel Studios does a great job with a big budget and a two-year production schedule and a two-hour story. We're in uncharted waters here and the big question is how much money management will give them to do this. If they give them a $10 million budget per series, the most talented people at Marvel Studios will struggle to produce something that rivals the quality of the films.

I was told that Inhumans was going to be a big budget effort and that was either a lie or somebody was burning cash to heat the trailers, so management assurances only go so far. They have to show me something.

Last edited:
Marvel Studios has nothing to prove and they are the only studio in Hollywood that can claim that . If you can't tell the major and crucial difference between marvel TV ran by Loeb and marvel Studios ran by Feige then you haven't been paying much attention man.

If Feige and marvel Studios are involved in this They have nothing to prove.

They have to prove they can do a series within the budget management gives them.

They have to prove they can do a series within the budget management gives them.

I don't see why they couldn't. They do it for movies, and Marvel knows at this point what the budget on (insert character here) costs.

The problem is Marvel Studios does a great job with a big budget and a two-year production schedule and a two-hour story. We're in uncharted waters here and the big question is how much money management will give them to do this. If they give them a $10 million budget per series, the most talented people at Marvel Studios will struggle to produce something that rivals the quality of the films.

I was told that Inhumans was going to be a big budget effort and that was either a lie or somebody was burning cash to heat the trailers, so management assurances only go so far. They have to show me something.
You're right about it being uncharted waters and there might be different skills involved in making a mini-series work than a feature film which the guys don't quite have to the same extent.

It's just relating it to the Inhumans that doesn't make sense as that was created by a terrible showrunner in a division that has no record of success (separate again from the Netflix shows) . You know there is no way Feige agreed to this without all the assurances that he would get what he needed to make sure that the quality of the films can continue. He certainly didn't need to take this on. He chose to at this stage and I would guess he did so because they made things fit with what he wanted.

What gives me comfort is that Marvel Studios (and Feige) DID take a leadership role in a Marvel TV Series - Agent Carter. And it was excellent. Well, at least it was for the first season.

Loki and Wanda mini-series should work as a mid-budget streaming movie. Show Wanda training and battling demons alongside Agatha. Play up the horror aspects, which can be done less expensively than the traditional superhero flick. Put Loki in the 1950s and have him cause trouble for some Timely era heroes. This is much more promising than another Loeb "It's sort of connected if you squint really hard" effort.

Squirrel Girl?

Squirrel Girl, please.

She’s voicing her in a cartoon.

Didn't I hear at some point at some time they were doing this with the AT&T girl?

Did that ever happen?

They filmed a pilot at least (possibly some episode I can't remember). It was supposed to air on Freeform, but it needs to find another Network last I heard. That is something Disney Streaming may also get.

Though I have enjoyed most of Marvel's TV offerings, I hate that the break between Marvel Entertainment and Marvel Studios keeps beloved characters from appearing in films. A Squirrel Girl TV show is a great idea, but is it worth having her locked her out of the Cinematic MCU? (like Daredevil, the Punisher, Luke Cage, Mockingbird, etc.). If Marvel Studios moves into streaming leads to better cohesion between the small and big screens, I am all for it.

Though I have enjoyed most of Marvel's TV offerings, I hate that the break between Marvel Entertainment and Marvel Studios keeps beloved characters from appearing in films. A Squirrel Girl TV show is a great idea, but is it worth having her locked her out of the Cinematic MCU? (like Daredevil, the Punisher, Luke Cage, Mockingbird, etc.). If Marvel Studios moves into streaming leads to better cohesion between the small and big screens, I am all for it.

This goes back to the idea of do they have immediate cinematic plan for Squirrel Girl or not? Since they allowed Marvel TV to make their pilot, my assumption is no. Remember, Marvel didn't freeze on the series. Freeform did. If not for Freeform, this show would be on the air already.

I wonder if Disney would add Marvel Unlimited for free or a small $1 or $2 more expensive per month to the streaming service. I know I would want it and it would be icing on the cake. DC Unlimited includes it.

I wonder if Disney would add Marvel Unlimited for free or a small $1 or $2 more expensive per month to the streaming service. I know I would want it and it would be icing on the cake. DC Unlimited includes it.
Good idea. I'm sure there would be many takers to a combo deal.

This goes back to the idea of do they have immediate cinematic plan for Squirrel Girl or not? Since they allowed Marvel TV to make their pilot, my assumption is no. Remember, Marvel didn't freeze on the series. Freeform did. If not for Freeform, this show would be on the air already.

I hate that (to this point) it has been an "either or" situation. Either you are in the movies or you on TV and never the twain shall meet. I think that's better than DC putting multiple live action Flashes and Supergirls into circulation and expecting moviegoers to drop a chunk load of change to see a character they can watch at home on Netflix. But it still stinks. Just like Patton Oswalt should have been on damn Helicarrier in AOU, Squirrel Girl should be available for Avengers tryouts regardless of whether or not she has a show on the air.

My hope is Disney keeps the YA shows on Hulu and Freeform, lets AOS and the Netflix shows wind down, and all new TV offerings are brought under Marvel Studios.

Despite my initial comments, the correct response to all of this is, of course, “hail, hydra.”

I hate that (to this point) it has been an "either or" situation. Either you are in the movies or you on TV and never the twain shall meet. I think that's better than DC putting multiple live action Flashes and Supergirls into circulation and expecting moviegoers to drop a chunk load of change to see a character they can watch at home on Netflix. But it still stinks. Just like Patton Oswalt should have been on damn Helicarrier in AOU, Squirrel Girl should be available for Avengers tryouts regardless of whether or not she has a show on the air.

My hope is Disney keeps the YA shows on Hulu and Freeform, lets AOS and the Netflix shows wind down, and all new TV offerings are brought under Marvel Studios.

On the Netflix front, all of them are likely getting a 3rd season. We'll see if they flop to Hulu after that. AoS likely ends after next season (maybe 2 more). Not sure how the Freeform thing is going to work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"