Marvel Unlimited App Released, Marvel's "Spotify"

ImWithTeamConan

Avenger of Comedy
Reaction score
I'm really old school and really don't have any interest in reading digitally but I read on Gizmodo today about Marvel's Unlimited Digital Comics app that got released today.

$10 per month, $60 per year. Great if you have an iPad, probably not as easy if you have only an iPhone. Can only download 6 issues onto your iPad for offline use but you can read as much as you want when you're connected.

Just wondering if anybody's used this or had experience with the catalog. I've been trying to find a listing of books online but I haven't found anything. It seems like it might be worth it, even if digital comics aren't my thing.

From what I heard, the catalog is terrible and new comics will be delayed at least 6 months, if they even get released at all. This is supposedly just Phase 1 of their app, so hopefully it'll get better, but I'll have to pass for now.

I've downloaded it for my Iphone but not really paid attention to it aside from reading a few free comics.

I've downloaded it for my Iphone but not really paid attention to it aside from reading a few free comics.

What are your thoughts on the catalog? Is it pretty comprehensive?

I've been buying Uncanny X-Force and a lot of Marvel cosmic (from Annihilation) in trades but if the catalog's good might as well read it on there.

What are your thoughts on the catalog? Is it pretty comprehensive?

I've been buying Uncanny X-Force and a lot of Marvel cosmic (from Annihilation) in trades but if the catalog's good might as well read it on there.

Uncanny X-Force is listed, although it says the latest is from August 2012 and I don't read that so not sure if that's correct or not.

I'd consider getting it if it had a huge amount of comics to flip through. I read very fast. If it's only going to have a limited amount then I'm not interested.

So does anyone feel that it is worth it? $10 a month doesnt seem so bad....but thatis like two comic you can buy at the shop.....

Ended up signing up for it yesterday. Couple thoughts:

1) Lot of the ongoing books are still 6-12 months behind as far as what is listed digitally.

2) Had a couple glitches already, but that's probably to be expected first couple of days of usage.

3) Had a free Saturday so I was able to read a majority of Hickman's FF and Fantastic Four run again.

All things considered it seems worth it to me. $10 is pretty inexpensive and I'm considering just buying a whole year after this month expires. They have so much on there, so much I haven't got a chance to read yet I can't imagine ever running out of stuff to read.

I suppose it's alright in the sense that you can just choose to read whatever, whenever.

I'm gonna have a good look through it and see if theres anything I want to read.

I really like it. It's not good for keeping current, but its great if youre reading older stories. I read through the first volume of young avengers last night, and it was fine

Its just for iOS currently, right? Cause I gave up on that last year.

Currently, but I read they're releasing an Android version soon.

I remember looking at the selection a year or two ago and not finding Marvel Unlimited worth my while. I buy ongoing comics regularly, so I tend to turn to digital subscriptions and such for things I can't easily get elsewhere, like in trades or back issues. Marvel Unlimited still had massive gaps in some really big names' old series, so I kind of figured, "What's the point?" When I can read literally every comic Thor and his supporting cast appear in from 1962 to today via Marvel Unlimited, then I might consider it.

I have to agree with that. Its one thing not to have super-new issues up, but to have tremendously big gaps in really famous classic runs pretty much defeats the purpose of the entire concept.

But as somebody who just came back to comics a couple months ago after a long break (last time I was buying Grant Morrison was on New X-Men), it comes in handy.

I've caught up with Hickman's run on Fantastic Four/FF and I'm halfway through the mini-series for the first Annihilation.

The iPhone version of the app isn't usable IMO. Too small of an image, the iPad and online versions are much better.

Fair enough. I've been reading comics pretty consistently since the mid-'90s, though. A lot of what Marvel Unlimited has, I literally have sitting in longboxes at my house and can remember relatively well if I get a cover image or some plot details to jog my memory.

Fair enough. I've been reading comics pretty consistently since the mid-'90s, though. A lot of what Marvel Unlimited has, I literally have sitting in longboxes at my house and can remember relatively well if I get a cover image or some plot details to jog my memory.

Otherwise known to 5 year old me as "living the dream".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"