Sequels MCU Beast

Cat-faced Beast is my favourite, but I'll also take 90s Jim Lee/TAS Beast.

The X-Men should be pre-established in the MCU so no "human" origin for him please. Blue fur from the get-go.

I just really hope we get him in the first film as a part of the foundation of X-Men.

I think a mixture of both to differentiate between not only the Fox films but between other X-Men so there isn't that sea of blue people like there were for the Fox versions.
I like this
34546f43ab36e0a83c28893bffa33339.jpg
See how the gray is integrated into the blue pretty seamlessly? I would go darker at the edges making a gradient or "Ambre" into a darker gray color.

Also, what do people think about this concept with the exaggerated gorilla arms? I only like it again for differentiation and distinction from the past adaptions. It would seem more likely he would be a partial or fully CGI creation akin to The Beast from the live action Disney Beauty and the Beast.
Beastcon.jpg

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I hope they don't cage the Beast by making him look like an ordinary person. Nicholas Hoult appeared more in human form than the Beast form in all four movies. What an absolute letdown!

I'm fine with either grey or blue fur. But I definitely don't want the cat face. MCU Beast must also be broad shouldered and his voice must have the dulcet tone reminiscent of a young Kelsey Grammer

I'm fine with either grey or blue fur. But I definitely don't want the cat face. MCU Beast must also be broad shouldered and his voice must have the dulcet tone reminiscent of a young Kelsey Grammer
Kelsey Grammer was so good. He really nailed Beast’s personality. Something like that with a much better looking Beast would be ideal. It’s time for a CGI Beast now that we’ve seen how well Marvel handled it with Professor Hulk.

Kelsey Grammer was so good. He really nailed Beast’s personality. Something like that with a much better looking Beast would be ideal. It’s time for a CGI Beast now that we’ve seen how well Marvel handled it with Professor Hulk.

Hoult's a damn fine actor, but his slender, shy, beta male version was a HUGE comedown from Kelsey's broad, room commanding alpha male interpretation. He's spoiled me for future Beasts. I would be ok with a CGI layering if only to keep the fellow in fur fulltime, unlike the awful First Class adaptation.

Hoult's a damn fine actor, but his slender, shy, beta male version was a HUGE comedown from Kelsey's broad, room commanding alpha male interpretation. He's spoiled me for future Beasts. I would be ok with a CGI layering if only to keep the fellow in fur fulltime, unlike the awful First Class adaptation.
Yeah I like Hoult in other stuff but didn’t like the visual they gave him for Beast plus he was human most of the time. The material wasn’t great for him. Let’s hope some future actor can match Kelsey while being given the CGI visuals that allow the character to jump off the page. I want them to showcase his powers better during action scenes this time too.

I found Hoult being in his human form so much particularly distracting because I kept thinking that he looks like young Scott Summers. Not that I'm entirely unsympathetic to him and Jennifer Lawrence. I get that the make-up process must be a huge pain in the tuchus. I wouldn't be surprised if MCU decided to go full CGI to avoid such problems.

Last edited:
Kelsey Grammer as Beast was perfect. His voice is what I hear in my head for Beast now.

Someone with a similar voice is Sam Witwer, who would be a great modern replacement for him in the MCU. And he would have the look too.

Someone with a similar voice is Sam Witwer, who would be a great modern replacement for him in the MCU. And he would have the look too.
He's more aged than I prefer for the character at this point.
I found Hoult being in his human form so much particularly distracting because I kept thinking that he looks like young Scott Summers. Not that I'm entirely unsympathetic to him and Jennifer Lawrence. I get that the make-up process must be a huge pain in the tuchus. I wouldn't be surprised if MCU decided to go full CGI to avoid such problems.
I think I remember I thought similarly about him looking like, to me, more closer to James Marsden, when I first saw what I think were the still images or something.

The tech is there now to do it convincingly so I’d prefer this.

even human Beast should look heavily disproportionate, an use prosthetic's to exaggerate his features and limbs... he should still barely be able to pass for human
d8e90613-05a6-4d8c-852a-e6966e5f5831_1.247fdd513bbe4aab72fa1b3aa1e8238b.jpeg

something similar to what they did for Tom Hopper in Umbrella Academy
0001bd76502043be2f4c10831192e38f.jpg

as for casting
been watching that "the Order" show on Netflix, tho he'd be more for a younger, unknown/up-an-comer cast, maybe... but, Thomas Elms voice/presents stood out to me

(warning of possible spoilers about the show if you never saw it)

but again it depends what age range they go for

I think Hugh Laurie could play Beast or at least the human Hank McCoy. However they might want to go for someone younger to make Beast's agility and athleticism more believable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"