• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MCU Captain America vs Chris Reeve Superman

Christopher Reeve can travel through time and suck out your memory with the power of kissing.

Chris Evans traveled through time (although a lot slower) and sucked hysteria out of many people by kissing Sharon.

So...in a thread that asks - which actor do you like more - for some of you the answer is the one who generates the most box office.

That's not the answer for me, and I never claimed it was. Hulk-1700 made an argument, and did not mention the circumstances or context involved in that argument.

Reeves gave two great performances as Superman
Evans has now given five as Cap (even in TFA and AoU, he was one of the best parts)
Evans Wins (and I never thought even 5 years ago I'd say that)

Reeve was great and is still the actor I first think of when it comes to Superman, but I think Evans has done more with his role and is overall better.

Christopher Reeve actually did an amazing acting job at making Clark Kent look and sound like a completely different human being. It was a much more complex job than Chris's. Chris Evans is very bland.

Chris Evans = 8.5
RDJ = 9.5
Christopher Reeve = 10

I would say Reeves but man they tainted my recollection of him in the sequels. Whereas Evans just kept getting better.

I have to say Evans but Reeves is right there.

Christopher Reeve actually did an amazing acting job at making Clark Kent look and sound like a completely different human being. It was a much more complex job than Chris's. Chris Evans is very bland.

Yeah, I think Evans is becoming more likeable as Cap - it's just that Cap's a really boring character (he's very stiff).

Reeves is magic -there's one scene where he transitions from Clark to Superman in seconds, when he's about to reveal his secret to Lois and his whole posture and bearing change (from Clark to Superman, and then back).

Watch this, at 0:30. Says it all really !

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIaF0QKtY0c

He makes two distinct characters really enjoyable - so far Evans is only doing that with one. Evans is a good actor, but Reeve was super-talented he was in a special class at Julliard with another super-talented actor (Robin Williams RIP).

Don't get me wrong I think Evans is doing fine, but Reeve was something special.

There's also that moment, at the end of every Reeve Superman film where he smiles at the audience as he's about to fly off into the sunrise (probably mentioned that before) but seeing that in the cinema was something else - nearly 40 years later I get a thrill from seeing it.

Again, Evans does well, but has the benefit of being in some very good films - in Superman III and IV Reeve was the only good thing in them. In fact the only good part of Superman III, where Superman fights himself is all down to Reeve really.

Anyway, I loved Civil War and I respect Evans' work as Cap, and I understand why folks think he's better but for me, I don't think he'll ever be able to tug on Reeve's cape.

Last edited:
Mjölnir;33621405 said:
Reeve was great and is still the actor I first think of when it comes to Superman, but I think Evans has done more with his role and is overall better.

He has done more? I would say CR's role is a lot more demanding because he has to be two completely different people and he nailed it.

Yeah, I think Evans is becoming more likeable as Cap - it's just that Cap's a really boring character (he's very stiff).

Reeves is magic -there's one scene where he transitions from Clark to Superman in seconds, when he's about to reveal his secret to Lois and his whole posture and bearing change (from Clark to Superman, and then back).

Watch this, at 0:30. Says it all really !

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIaF0QKtY0c

He makes two distinct characters really enjoyable - so far Evans is only doing that with one. Evans is a good actor, but Reeve was super-talented he was in a special class at Julliard with another super-talented actor (Robin Williams RIP).

Don't get me wrong I think Evans is doing fine, but Reeve was something special.

There's also that moment, at the end of every Reeve Superman film where he smiles at the audience as he's about to fly off into the sunrise (probably mentioned that before) but seeing that in the cinema was something else - nearly 40 years later I get a thrill from seeing it.

Again, Evans does well, but has the benefit of being in some very good films - in Superman III and IV Reeve was the only good thing in them. In fact the only good part of Superman III, where Superman fights himself is all down to Reeve really.

Anyway, I loved Civil War and I respect Evans' work as Cap, and I understand why folks think he's better but for me, I don't think he'll ever be able to tug on Reeve's cape.

I love that scene.

And i agree with you. It's beyond me how some people look at Roger's character as being anything demanding. He just looks and sounds like a regular semi boring guy. There's really not much to it.

C Evans is look great as Cap, as well as C Reeve is look superb as Superman

but Superman is my favourite since i was a kid, but now Cap is look shined and superb so MCU Cap is the champion

Sorry...but having personally been a Captain America fan for over 50 years....Chris Evans is who I prefer the most simply because he personifies Captain America to me. Just barely below him is Chris Reeve....because he too personifies Superman to me, but I was not a Superman fan until his first movie was released. He made me a fan of Supes....I had already been a fan of Cap for years.
I'd argue Reeve making you like a character you didn't was a better feat than someone playing a character you already liked.

For me: there's a plethora of Supermen and Christopher Reeve still stands out.

There's only like that bad 90s Cap movie, nothing for Evans to compete with. He's serviceable given a good script but I wouldn't say he's a stand out like RDJ or even Tom Hiddleston :oldrazz:

Reeve not even close. Not a huge fan of Evans's Cap to be honest. Very inconsistent IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"