MCU Tag Team Battles: Black Widow & Okoye Vs. Daredevil & Crossbones

BigThor

God of Thunder
Reaction score
This a fun tag team styled MCU battle thread to break up the monotony of our once a week MCU Fights. It can be 2 on 2, 2 on 2 on 1, 3 on 2, or even 3 on 1. Keep in mind this is purely for just fun and doesn't in any way effect our Power Tier.

BLACK WIDOW & OKOYE

Infinity-War-Black-Widow-Tumblr.gif

Okoyespearbetweenlegs.gif

Vs

DAREDEVIL & CROSSBONES

Aqez.gif

tumblr_o7ncrf0e7J1um6tzpo1_500.gif

So let's this started shall we....

Last edited:
BW & Okoye. Daredevil is a good fighter, but he gets beat up quite often and Crossbones didn't impress me at all. BW & Okoye have looked better in their fights.

Good Match up !

As usual I think terrain and weapons are a big factor here and anytime Daredevil is involved it's a key issue whether the fight takes place in the dark.

Let's assume that BW and Okoye have the personal weapons they usually have ( Okoye's armour and Vibranium spear, Widow's stingers ) and the same for DD and Crossbones ( Crossbones' armour and gauntlets and possibly grenades and DD's body armour and stick).

Okay, assume BW takes on DD. A tough fight, but if BW uses stingers effectively and has no hesitation about killing then ultimately she'll win - unless the fight is in complete darkness.

Okoye v Crossbones ? Tough to call. They're both very skillled. I'm assuming her uniform has some vibranium in it and could stand up to his gauntlets - because without that she's toast. Rumlow was able to stun and knock Cap around with blows from them and he's super tough.

Okoye's spear would easily go through his armour, so unless he scores a decisive head shot I see her winning that one.

Swap partners and we have a slightly different story. Crossbones has already shown he can handle BW ( i.e. in Civil war) so assume he wins unless she gets a surprise attack.

Okoye vs DD ? Depends on the terrain. On an open battlefield Okoye's skills and weapons are probably too much for him. If the fight happens in an urban setting where DD can move around, use cover and use surprise he could take this - in Hells Kitchen, no question.

Even if Crossbones beats BW, and Okoye downs DD, in the final match Okoye would be the sole survivor.

Daredevil vs Black Widow is a close fight. She might have a very slight edge in skill and she has gadgets that could take him down but he's more durable, stronger and has his superhuman senses. I'd say it's 50:50.

I'd put Okoye slightly below those two, she's a better match for Crossbones skill wise.

If Crossbones has his exoskeleton from Civil War that gave him the strength to knock MCU Cap around then he overpower Okoye just as easily as we already know he can overpower Widow. Team Daredevil/Crossbones wins and it's not even close.

If this is Crossbones from Winter Soldier though then he's the weak link here. Chances are Okoye beats Rumlow before helping Widow overwhelm Daredevil so I'd say Team Widow/Okoye would win this something like 7 fights out of 10.

Last edited:
Why would Daredevil team with Crossbones? :huh:

Thör-El;36873397 said:
Most of the fights people speculate about in forums are a little out of character.
Why would Okoye encounter/want to fight Daredevil etc?

Comics have the classic hero misunderstanding all the time. That's fairly common. But Daredevil teaming with a known Hydra agent? It's not a pairing I can make any sense out of, therefore it takes me out of even thinking about the fight at all. I like these when there is a theme to the teams, as opposed to throwing names on a dart board. Like, why would I want to see a team of Iron Fist & Red Skull? Arbitrary example, but makes as much sense to me as this pairing.

Gotta go with the ladies. Not only are they skilled fighters, they also have superior gadgets.

Had to go with Okoye and BW for the same reasons as many others: better skilled and better gadgets/tech.

Comics have the classic hero misunderstanding all the time. That's fairly common. But Daredevil teaming with a known Hydra agent? It's not a pairing I can make any sense out of, therefore it takes me out of even thinking about the fight at all. I like these when there is a theme to the teams, as opposed to throwing names on a dart board. Like, why would I want to see a team of Iron Fist & Red Skull? Arbitrary example, but makes as much sense to me as this pairing.

I don't throw names on a dart board, I match up characters based on their combat prowess.

This is purely a battle, it's not story or character driven.

I don't throw names on a dart board, I match up characters based on their combat prowess.

Having said that, a hero having to team up with a villain is a classic storyline in almost every comic ( and every Thor film and nearly every X Men movie).

Hey BigThor, does Crossbones have the Civil War armour/exoskeleton that made him strong enough to knock Cap around/quickly overpower Widow?

I haven't voted yet, I think that's the deciding factor.

Last edited:

I get you're using people of similar tiering and such, but I am more interested in thinking of the outcomes of these types of things when it is pairings that make sense. Like Iron Fist/Luke Cage vs Cap/Bucky, that was a good pairing. Logical on both sides. When it feels more random like this, I'm just not interested in even discussing it. It could be considered a "me problem" in that regard, but I do think the discussions on the tag team threads would be more active if the pairings made sense.

I get you're using people of similar tiering and such, but I am more interested in thinking of the outcomes of these types of things when it is pairings that make sense. Like Iron Fist/Luke Cage vs Cap/Bucky, that was a good pairing.

I don't mind more random team ups now and again myself. In this case though, Crossbones is kind of a bad fit tiering wise. Either he has the exoskeleton that makes him superhuman and he's too overpowered for Widow/Okoye or he doesn't have it and he's the weak link. Elektra, Stick or Punisher probably would've been a better fit.

Thör-El;36878953 said:
Hey BigThor, does Crossbones have the Civil War armour/exoskeleton that made him strong enough to knock Cap around/quickly overpower Widow?

I haven't voted yet, I think that's the deciding factor.

Yes he does, that's why I used the gif of him in the exo suit armor.

Yes he does, that's why I used the gif of him in the exo suit armor.

In that case we're talking about a guy who we've seen firsthand can overwhelm Black Widow in seconds and hits hard enough to smash concrete/ragdoll MCU Cap. Putting him against human opponents is a little unfair, giving him a top class street leveller like Daredevil as back up just makes it one sided.

Thör-El;36881277 said:
In that case we're talking about a guy who we've seen firsthand can overwhelm Black Widow in seconds and hits hard enough to smash concrete/ragdoll MCU Cap. Putting him against human opponents is a little unfair, giving him a top class street leveller like Daredevil as back up just makes it one sided.

Okoye has vibranium weapons and Black Widow's stingers have temporarily subdued Black Panther.

Hmmm....

Black Widow and Okoye would work better as a team but both DD and Crossbones are both self-sufficient enough to almost be able to take both of them on at once (not beat both of them just fend them off to a degree).
Not to mention Crossbones having powerful weapons and not reacting to Widows stinger's much in Civil War.

Both Widow and Okoye have a chance but they'll have to upgrade their weaponry and create a plan of attack to even begin to have an advantage in a meelee styled beat-down.

I'll vote on this battle and go Cross Bones and DD for the kill.

Just a suggestion: Why not have a comic race at some point? (Yeah, I know this one wouldn't be movie based but as doing things just for fun...:ebr:) Flash Forward in my opinion is fastest in the Marvel Comics followed by the Runner and/or Maccari...:yay:

Last edited:
Okoye has vibranium weapons and Black Widow's stingers have temporarily subdued Black Panther.

Crossbones already shrugged off Black Widow's stingers in Civil War before overpowering her and throwing her into the assault vehicle along with a grenade.

Okoye's spear is probably their only way of hurting Crossbones through his armour but between his skill/durability and that huge strength advantage my bet's still on him. Either that or Daredevil can handle Okoye while Crossbones beats Widow (again).

Overall, if just hand to hand with no weapons I think DD and Crossbones are heavily favored.

With weapons, Okoye and Widow could take them both out and things are dicier as both super deadly and methodical. They'd have to maintain range as stealth would be an issue with DD and massive firepower from crossbones could them on the defensive. A well placed spear throw from okoye would kill crossbones as would a missile launcher or even a gun. DD would present an issue though as far as perhaps knocking Crossbones out of range and informing him where to blast and he's not a complete idiot as was able to narrowly hold his own against Falcoln before powered-up.

This could go either way but as comic battles always have bit of fisticuffs thrown into mix the choice seems to still favor DD and Crossbones at least as far as odds go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"