• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

MCU's second "arc"

I have this feeling that I'm gonna lose interest in Marvel Studios movies after Avengers 4. I just can't see what they can do without the F4 part of the universe to keep things fresh. Sequels won't do it for me.

I think they'll be fine, but with it looking like they wont get the FF back soon, it is a missed opportunity.

Fanfic?

Are you saying it's impossible for FF, Doom, and Kang to join the MCU?

Is Civil War and Spider-man Homecoming fanfic?

They also got back Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Punisher, Blade, the list goes on.

Loki, Kingpin, Ego, Vulture, and possibly Hela turned out pretty well so it's not like Kang in MCU is doomed to fail.

Marvel is getting better and better at villians.

Marvel has gotten much better at villains, and seem to keep doing so, and they've done so with C-listers, which again, underlines why the idea that they would need FF villains is so incredibly mystifying. Can anyone give any reason why the MCU needs these guys? Because it's starting to sound like we just want them and so we're pretending the MCU needs them to validate our feelings.

MD, you know what fanfic is, right? Movies that actually come out are professional fiction, fans like you and I make up story ideas, like Avengers 6: Kang Dynasty, and when MCU goes a different direction, nothing has been "trashed," in your words, because MCU Avengers vs MCU Kang is just something we made up because we like the idea. Doesn't mean it's not possible, and in fact, it still is, meaning that the idea being trashed is incorrect both functionally and proverbially.

Marvel has gotten much better at villains, and seem to keep doing so, and they've done so with C-listers, which again, underlines why the idea that they would need FF villains is so incredibly mystifying. Can anyone give any reason why the MCU needs these guys? Because it's starting to sound like we just want them and so we're pretending the MCU needs them to validate our feelings.

MD, you know what fanfic is, right? Movies that actually come out are professional fiction, fans like you and I make up story ideas, like Avengers 6: Kang Dynasty, and when MCU goes a different direction, nothing has been "trashed," in your words, because MCU Avengers vs MCU Kang is just something we made up because we like the idea. Doesn't mean it's not possible, and in fact, it still is, meaning that the idea being trashed is incorrect both functionally and proverbially.

Justify feelings?

If the X-men or Batman villains were divided among studios most fans would want them all in the same universe. Especially if it improved and extended one of the most successful cinematic universes in history.

I think the "keep them divided and unnaturally secluded just because" people are being unreasonable.

Also a premise like Avengers vs Kang isn't fanfic, lol.

It's not even a title.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Masters of Evil led by Zemo and then by Ultron. I could see an entire three phase arc dedicated to that.

Call it
Phase 4: Thunderbolts
- General Ross establishes a team he can more easily control.
Phase 5: Avengers vs Masters (Zemo)
- The Thunderbolts turn evil and make it their goal to take out the Avengers.
Phase 6: Avengers vs Masters (Ultron)
- Ultron slices off Zemo's head and takes over the Masters and the world.

I like it. I'd only add a cosmic element to add some scope

Justify feelings?

If the X-men or Batman villains were divided among studios most fans would want them all in the same universe. Especially if it improved and extended one of the most successful cinematic universes in history.

I think the "keep them divided and unnaturally secluded just because" people are being unreasonable.

Also a premise like Avengers vs Kang isn't fanfic, lol.

It's not even a title.

What you are describing is definitely feelings. There is nothing morally or logistically wrong with separating various fictional characters. Just because you like something together doesn't make it unnatural for them to be apart, it just means you like them together, yes, in your feelings.

"Avengers vs Kang" is a title, and it describes a fictional conflict and it's coming from a fan (me) and not the copyright holders.

What you are describing is definitely feelings. There is nothing morally or logistically wrong with separating various fictional characters. Just because you like something together doesn't make it unnatural for them to be apart, it just means you like them together, yes, in your feelings.

"Avengers vs Kang" is a title, and it describes a fictional conflict and it's coming from a fan (me) and not the copyright holders.

Is it unnatural for X-men, Superman and Batman villains to stay in separate universes, yes it is.

Don't like the term "unnatural"? Here are some others:

synonyms: unusual, uncommon, atypical, untypical, nontypical, unrepresentative, rare, isolated, irregular, anomalous, deviant, divergent, aberrant, freak, freakish; strange, odd, peculiar, curious, bizarre, weird, queer; eccentric, idiosyncratic, quirky; unexpected, unfamiliar, unconventional, surprising, unorthodox, singular, exceptional, extraordinary, out of the ordinary, out of the way; perverse, perverted, twisted, warped, unhealthy, distorted; abnormal

And fan fic is not a premise. If I simply say "wouldn't it be cool if Groot fought Tarzan" it doesn't make me a fan fic writer.

C'mon, bro.

Is it unnatural for X-men, Superman and Batman villains to stay in separate universes, yes it is.

Don't like the term "unnatural"? Here are some others:

synonyms: unusual, uncommon, atypical, untypical, nontypical, unrepresentative, rare, isolated, irregular, anomalous, deviant, divergent, aberrant, freak, freakish; strange, odd, peculiar, curious, bizarre, weird, queer; eccentric, idiosyncratic, quirky; unexpected, unfamiliar, unconventional, surprising, unorthodox, singular, exceptional, extraordinary, out of the ordinary, out of the way; perverse, perverted, twisted, warped, unhealthy, distorted; abnormal

And fan fic is not a premise. If I simply say "wouldn't it be cool if Groot fought Tarzan" it doesn't make me a fan fic writer.

C'mon, bro.

Unnatural means not natural, going against the laws of nature. It's not about the word, but just pointing out that the feeling that the FF rightfully belongs with Marvel studios is just that, a feeling, with no authority whatsoever, much less from nature.

As far as the semantics of fanfic, the point is that there is no Kang vs Avengers movie to trash. Is that at least clear, now?

I like it. I'd only add a cosmic element to add some scope

Maybe the Brood if Marvel has access.

The Thunderbolts are tasked with protecting the earth. And obviously Ultron thinks this is his mandate.

Unnatural means not natural, going against the laws of nature. It's not about the word, but just pointing out that the feeling that the FF rightfully belongs with Marvel studios is just that, a feeling, with no authority whatsoever, much less from nature.

As far as the semantics of fanfic, the point is that there is no Kang vs Avengers movie to trash. Is that at least clear, now?

This is pointless.

Agree to disagree.

Cool

Kang is a more obvious choice, since he's an Avengers villain, and is also capable of socializing and building in threat in a way that Galactus cannot.

Ideally:
Phase 4:
Spider-Man, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Ant-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy and Captain Marvel all get outings
[Edit: Final of Guardians of the Galaxy trilogy, also would be end of Ant-Man Trilogy, now that I think about it.]
Thunderbolts and Black Widow as the new properties
Masters of Evil as the Avengers villain
Avengers still features Cap, IM, Thor, and Hulk as normal, though in limited capacities.

Phase 5
Spider-Man, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Captain Marvel, Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy all finish their trilogies.
Thunderbolts and Black Widow have additional entries
Hulk and Namor are the new properties
Avengers deals with a Secret Invasion and a Kree-Skrull War

Phase 6
Thunderbolts and Black Widow finish their trilogies. Hulk and Namor have their additional entries.
Cap 4 with Bucky and Spider-Man 4 with Miles and Fantastic Four are the new properties.
Avengers deals with Kang and traveling all through the entire MCU timeline.
The big Arc-ending event deals with Galactus coming to Earth, and everyone together dealing with the inevitable end of the world. As a point of reference, this would be the year 2030. RDJ would be 65, and this is where he would officially hang up the mechanized suit and be replaced by Joseph Gordon-Levitt, aged 49.

So sub out Kang and Galactus for Hyperion and the Squadron Supreme/Sinister. Pepper them throughout all the movies of the arc like the gems were in the first major arc.

-So just like the Tesseract played a huge role in the first phase, let Nighthawk play a huge role in Phase 4.
-Just like the Mind stone turned out to be a big deal that had been there all along by the end of phase 2, let Skrullian Skymaster by the same, revealing in Phase 5 (which is Secret Invasion anyway)
-Just like the Aether sort of featured in one movie and then got shelved til later, let Dr. Spectrum's Power Prism become something for Captain Marvel to have to deal with in her threequel.
-Just like the Power Stone was a macguffin for another feature, maybe Princess Zarda serves as a villain or rival or love interest or some combination for Namor.
-Just as the Time stone plays a big role in Dr. Strange, let Hyperion play a big role Nova.
- This all builds to the Squadron Supreme/Sinister coming together to do Marvel vs DC, just without DC. That's hard to top.

Also sub in Nova and Radioactive Man for Miles and Fantastic Four films.

Marvel/Disney need the Fantastic Four back so they can make the Phase 4 villain Doctor Doom, Phase 5 Namor and Phase 6 Galactus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"