Mel Gibson & Vince Vaughn in 'Dragged Across Concrete'

I dug the trailer. Nothing special but I was more excited purely to see more from Zahler. If this movie is 165 minutes that can either be masterfully done or it may get tedious. Zahler's pacing is masterful in his previous films where everything builds and breaks at the correct time and they were around the two hour mark.

I hope this guy makes as many movies as he can.

This script is by far my favorite that he has done so far.

This script is by far my favorite that he has done so far.

Hot damn. :up: I can't wait.

The man is truly a director with a novelist's sense of writing. You don't see that often with film directors, even writer-directors.

And I just realized Tory Kittles is in this. He's pretty unrecognizable.

Something about the trailer felt really off to me, but I am still pretty excited for this movie. I loved Bone Tomahawk and Brawl in Cell Block 99 was pretty solid as well. I also think Zahler did a damn good job writing the newest Puppet Master movie which I know a lot of people on here probably haven't seen, but its easily the best movie in that franchise in a really long time. Of course that might not be saying much considering how much of a joke those movies have become, especially after those awful Asylum quality level movies.

Finally getting to see an S. Craig Zahler film on the big screen this weekend.

I thought this was awesome. Easily Zahler's best film to date, and this is coming from someone who actually enjoyed Cell Block and loved Bone Tomahawk. It's a very deliberately paced film, but the dialogue is really ****ing engrossing. So many great lines from Gibson and Vaughn, although their scene with Don Johnson is probably the most memorable one in the movie IMO. I really wish we got just one more scene with his character, but that's just a little nit pick. It's an extremely well written movie and considering the 2 and a half hour running time I was honestly never bored while watching it. What surprised me most of all though is just how well the humor works without it feeling forced or out of place. There are some downright hilarious scenes in this movie and even though most of it is quite dark it completely works. Loved how gritty and seedy the movie looked at times as well and when it got brutal it definitely didn't shy away from the gore. The fate of a certain character we are just introduced too really caught me off guard and might be one of the most shocking and disturbing deaths I have seen in a while.

Also, Tory Kittles is pretty great in this too. I've always enjoyed him as an actor and he really got to shine here. His character quickly became my favorite after like only the first 5 to 10 minutes into the movie.

9/10

And I thought Brawl in Cell Block 99 was grim. This is a bleak and unforgiving film but also his best one to date. And just like his previous films, the sound mixing is impeccable.
The fate of a certain character we are just introduced too really caught me off guard and might be one of the most shocking and disturbing deaths I have seen in a while.
Can't remember the last time that I've seen a death that horrific.

I was expecting a lot more with the gore, but this was as intense as his other films. Those villains man... even Thanos would sh** his pants. And Tory Kittles was fantastic.

This is his best movie. Once again, he is the master of structure and pacing, where his build up somehow never feels slow. And at over two and a half hours that's an accomplishment. It's a type of storytelling only he does yet that slow build is something we see rarely in films anymore, particularly in this genre.

Maybe it's not my personal favorite, but goddamn, is it his best. This is most certainly his best directed. You can tell he's getting better and used what he's learned from his other films for this. It's been a long time since I've rooted for Gibson in a movie, but here I did. I've been listening to Shotgun Safari the whole week.

Take away the Tory Kittles character and for me this movie would have fallen apart.

This was top notch, Really scratched that crime thriller itch I've had for a while.

Zahler is 3/3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"