** Metal ** The Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought Blind Guardian's new album on Friday and I must say that it's pretty damn good. Granted it's not as great as say Nightfall in Middle Earth, A Night At The Opera, or Batallions of Fear. But it's still a good album that is another chapter for Blind Guardian.

I am hoping that Hansi and Jon do another Demons and Wizards album though.

I've been listening to a lot of Ozzy-Black Sabbath today. "Electric Funeral" is an amazing song. If Ozzy and Bill get back in Black Sabbath and make a new record, I'd be down with it. Hope it would sound like older Sabbath, really doomy. :D

Does Ozzy even know where he is these days? I can't imagine Sabbath still doing anything good even with Ozzy.

Haha, who knows. Well, I think if they do make a new CD with Ozzy it'll be pretty sweet, I try to stay optimistic about anything anyways though.

Anyone know if the Black Sabbath Black Box t is worth it? Mainly are the remasters actually good? :D

i rate the black box. i honestly can't compare, as i own only the black box versions, but the remasters are high quality.

Has anyone heard Mushroomheads new stuff? It's pretty good. They're finally rolling through Arizona in October and I'm super stoked for em!

Songs of the Night:

[YT]ih06Ajpi4ok[/YT]

[YT]iLf3D_F7IC0[/YT]

[YT]7nY-XDF_Ask[/YT]

Yeah, is sad that he's leaving. It's not good to judge beforehand but with their new album coming is just won't feel the same without Portnoy.

Last edited:
Sucks about Portnoy leaving. :csad: Regardless of how you feel about his songs regarding the 12 step programs, he was still a vital piece to the Dream Theater musical journey.

He is an amazing drummer and it'll be different not seeing him in the band anymore. Least it wasn't Petrucci! :yay:

Never saw that one coming! I wonder if he's going to be touring and doing more studio albums with A7X now?

Not a fan of Drain S.T.H. at all. I haven't heard much of Paradise Lost but I have heard a lot of good things about them though. However, doom metal depending on the band isn't my cup of tea.

Wonder if anyone else here has heard of these guys.

I love their first album Horror Wrestling, which that track is from. I bought it on a lark way back when it came out and was very pleasantly surprised. They're pretty awesome, hard rockin' chicks. I also think they sound a little like Alice in Chains which didn't hurt my opinion of them either.

This is my favorite track, from the same album:

[YT]EVtBRO_FxYQ[/YT]

I've never heard the other two records they released before they broke up but now you've got me thinking about how much I liked the band. Might be worth looking into further.

Been listening to a lot of Mastodon. I forgot how amazing Blood Mountain is. :D

Finally picked up Black Label Society's new album.

It's ****ing awesome.

I bought the new Black Label Society and haven't listened to it yet. I'm steadily purchasing new albums and sometimes not listening to them for weeks or months at a time.

Just today I special ordered Disincarnate's "Dreams of a Carrion Kind" and Lost Horizon "Awakening The World".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"