Michael Jackson Biopic in the works from Bohemian Rhapsody Producer

Pennywise

Avenger
Reaction score
Michael Jackson Movie Coming From ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ Producer – Deadline

EXCLUSIVE: Bohemian Rhapsody producer Graham King has secured from the Michael Jackson estate the rights to make a film of the complicated pop icon’s life with access to all of his music, sources say. King’s GK Films has retained three-time Oscar-nominated writer John Logan to pen the script. It is not set up at a studio at this point.

I’m told that the film isn’t intended to be a sanitized rendering of Jackson’s life. King and Logan worked together on the Martin Scorsese-directed The Aviator, another complex look at the life of a genius. In that film, Howard Hughes was in a race to innovate before his mental illness and germaphobic obsessions overtook him.

In this case, the complexity of Jackson’s life is well known and will not be ignored in a film that will span his entire life, which ended with his tragic death in June 2009 at age 50. He became a star as a child and a global icon as an adult, but his childhood was not an easy one, and in adulthood he had to defend himself and paid out settlements over allegations of sexual abuse of child companions who routinely stayed at his house for sleepovers.

This most recently cropped up in the Emmy-winning HBO documentary Leaving Neverlandwhich is now involved in a $100 million lawsuit with the Jackson estate. Despite the controversies, there is demonstrable evidence that there is a strong appetite for Jackson’s story and music, with a Broadway musical also currently in the works.

Deadline hears Logan, Oscar-nominated for writing Aviator, Scorsese’s Hugo and Ridley Scott’s Best Picture winner Gladiator, and King will shape the script before setting it at a studio. The pair’s other collaborations include Hugo and the animated Rango.

Cue the outrage.

Last edited:
I wonder if they’ll get Bryan Singer to direct again? Seems to be right up his alley.

Edit: Joking aside. I can’t see a world where this doesn’t face intense pushback from people. There’s going to be quite a lot boycott over this. The press for this film is going to be a nightmare(if this ever gets made).

Last edited:
How is it even possible to make anyone look like Michael Jackson? They'll literally have to CGI his nose in later years.

Are they going to need 2 actors to play him? One black and one white?

It's not like younger Jackson looks like older Jackson.

Eh, development will be interesting to follow. First trailer will be an interesting day

Graham King’s even producing the Bee Gees biopic. Someone sure is obsessed with making Bohemian Rhapsody money!

They should not do this, though.

As a fellow Gary, Indiana native I think it's probably long overdue. They've already merched his entire estate out decade after decade, one more won't hurt.

They'll get that special effects company to CG Jackson back to life.

Leave it alone. I’m not even a big MJ stan like that, but we had The Jacksons American Dream miniseries, that can’t be topped.

Just let the man rest.

I just have no idea why anyone would want to navigate this minefield.

I wonder if they’ll get Bryan Singer to direct again? Seems to be right up his alley.

Edit: Joking aside. I can’t see a world where this doesn’t face intense pushback from people. There’s going to be quite a lot boycott over this. The press for this film is going to be a nightmare(if this ever gets made).

LOL, I came in here planning to make this same joke.

Lisa Marie: Michael, you have to stop having so much consensual, heterosexual, totally vanilla sexual relations with women well above the age of consent!

Lisa Marie: Michael, you have to stop having so much consensual, heterosexual, totally vanilla sexual relations with women well above the age of consent!

I wouldn’t be surprised if he never had sex with an adult woman in his life.

thatsthejoke.jpg

It seems like the last 6-7 years there have been a lot more movies being made about famous people. I started to wonder if they would make a movie about Micheal jackson. Before he died i had only heard his greats hits stuff and loved those. After he died i started looking at his other music. I have grown to respect him even more. He has so many good songs its nuts. Even stuff that is not his greats hits tends to be amazing and better then most music out there. I have looked into the whole child stuff and the more i hear the more i fell like it was just one big lie and that he did nothing and that he was truely a good person who just wanted to help people and that the media just twisted and lied about ever thing. I known there is going to be a lot of hate about this but i am interested to hear more about this and i am like 95% sure he did nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"