Michael Jackson Biopic in the works from Bohemian Rhapsody Producer

I see that Larenz Tate is playing Berry Gordy.

What's funny about this is I kept hoping Larenz Tate would be a part of the this, but as Quincy Jones, reprising his role from "Ray" 20 years ago.
I'm not familiar with Larenz Tate's work, and I still want to see "Ray", but for some reason I never got around to it. As for Quincy Jones, he always struck me as a little egotistical. He was very talented, but he and Michael often clashed, and they ultimately split up after the "Bad" album was done.

Whatever was shown of this laned big at Cinemacon apparently. Whatever you think of MJ personally, there's clearly going to be a demand for this and word is it could get award recognition.

Whatever was shown of this laned big at Cinemacon apparently. Whatever you think of MJ personally, there's clearly going to be a demand for this and word is it could get award recognition.

but is it healthy demand or is it just people wondering about the freak show that is mj, and what they'll dare show or omit.
this is not a healthy movie, this is a freakshow, i hope people don't show up for this one.

but is it healthy demand or is it just people wondering about the freak show that is mj, and what they'll dare show or omit.
this is not a healthy movie, this is a freakshow, i hope people don't show up for this one.
From everything I'm hearing including what was shown at CinemaCon, it's going to be a brutally honest movie, hiding nothing. They're even depicting the infamous "baby dangling" incident.

And calling MJ a freak is an absolutely dishonest and disgusting take. Yes, he was a very troubled, very emotionally odd person and, for the record, the movie's gonna go into a lot of his childhood including his time in the Jackson 5 and relationship with his parents. But regardless, the man was, and still is, considered the greatest male pop star of all time and an incredibly talented singer and skilled businessman. His music and dance skills are still revered to this damn day. The only person in the music industry to rival him in fame since then is Taylor Swift.

Last edited:
From everything I'm hearing including what was shown at CinemaCon, it's going to be a brutally honest movie, hiding nothing. They're even depicting the infamous "baby dangling" incident.

And calling MJ a freak is an absolutely dishonest and disgusting take. Yes, he was a very troubled, very emotionally odd person and, for the record, the movie's gonna go into a lot of his childhood including his time in the Jackson 5 and relationship with his parents. But regardless, the man was, and still is, considered the greatest male pop star of all time and an incredibly talented singer and skilled businessman. His music and dance skills are still revered to this damn day. The only person in the music industry to rival him in fame since then is Taylor Swift.

This is probably the most delusional response i have read in a long time.
'brutally honest movie, hiding nothing'....lol

edit: you suit your username btw.

Last edited:
This is probably the most delusional response i have read in a long time.
'brutally honest movie, hiding nothing'....lol

edit: you suit your username btw.
Delusional? Jesus Christ, dude, I was just describing what I heard from the movie from CinemaCon and the alleged script leak and also talking about Jackson's legacy as an artist. You're the one with an irrational hate *****.

Are you just out to start arguments? I'm no angel myself but I'm trying to behave myself better on here and you're not helping my case. Please knock it off.

So it's called 'irrational hate' to dislike michael jackson now. As i said earlier in the thread, i believe the testimonies of the people who claimed he sexually abused them when they were children.
How you can say this movie will be 'brutally honest, hiding nothing'(your words, not someone from the film festival), is beyond me, it is delusional.
His family are behind the movie and will not be showing mj sexually abusing children, or i guess, even climbing into bed with small boys, which he admitted he liked to do.
Does that sound brutally honest, no.
Sexually abusing children makes him a freak, not his too many nosejobs appearance, which i kind of feel sorry for him for, as he didn't want to have a big nose like his dad's, as he hated his dad for putting him through hell when he was growing up.
I don't think of him as a freak for that, i think of him as a freak because he was responsible for the sexual abuse of children.

So it's called 'irrational hate' to dislike michael jackson now. As i said earlier in the thread, i believe the testimonies of the people who claimed he sexually abused them when they were children.
How you can say this movie will be 'brutally honest, hiding nothing'(your words, not someone from the film festival), is beyond me, it is delusional.
His family are behind the movie and will not be showing mj sexually abusing children, or i guess, even climbing into bed with small boys, which he admitted he liked to do.
Does that sound brutally honest, no.
Sexually abusing children makes him a freak, not his too many nosejobs appearance, which i kind of feel sorry for him for, as he didn't want to have a big nose like his dad's, as he hated his dad for putting him through hell when he was growing up.
I don't think of him as a freak for that, i think of him as a freak because he was responsible for the sexual abuse of children.
Except he molested NOBODY. That's the honest truth. I've done my research. There was never any evidence of him having done it and, instead, a ton more evidence, proving his innocence that people like you tend to ignore.

The original accusation was the result of Evan Chandler, father of the original 'victim' Jordan, used his association with Jackson to get a bunch of "favors" out of him, including getting to work on Robin Hood Men In Tights as co-writer. When the favors stopped, Chandler got vindictive and, being a dentist, put his son under laughing gas and had him fabricate the allegation of being molested based loosely off details a trip where Jordan was with Jackson in Monaco where they were, in reality, both deathly ill with the flu (a doctor was even called!). From there, Chandler used that fabrication in a bid to extort money from Jackson (there's a phone recording where Chandler's heard all but admitting ahead of time it was a scam; dude sounded less like an angry parent wanting justice and more of a scammer out for money).

From there, the ONLY reason anyone believes MJ was guilty was because he settled out of court. Jackson was more than ready to go to trial and fight the allegations (which he later did in 2005), but his managers at Sony Music forced him to settle instead because of his upcoming concert tour for the "Dangerous" album would've been interrupted by the trial. Jackson, put in a bind, settled and made the money back in the first night of the tour; it was chump change to him at the time. However, it was due to the settlement that other families who were similarly associated with him decided to pull similar scams and made false accusations of their own to get money, and their testimonies ALL crumbed under the prosecution, which is why MJ was acquitted in 2005.

Long story short, the MJ allegations were nothing more than an extortion scam that turned into a witch hunt, and I'm still fuming that people still think he was guilty. Was Jackson childishly eccentric in a way that would come off as inappropriate at times? Yes. But everyone who knew him best, including ex-bodyguards, ALL said he would NEVER wrong kids and never had any sexual interest in them (quite the opposite; dude was doing women like he was it was going out of style according to them). And as for that Leaving Neverland documentary? It's already proven false as the two subjects interviewed were already proven as liars in court (Wade Robson defended MJ for YEARS and only changed his tune b/c he was hard up for money and Jackson's estate declined his involvement on the Vegas Cirque Du Solei show) and the director flat out admitted he fabricated a bunch of other things on it.

It really seems you're just angry at me just because I'm not blindly agreeing with you.

Who said i was angry with you? I just said you were delusional that this was going to be an honest portrayal of jackson, and hiding nothing.
ok, let's say that michael jackson never molested a kid in his life....do you really think the movie is going to feature jackson getting under the covers of his bed with small boys all the time, which he admitted he did all the time.
do you think the family will be 'brutally honest and hide nothing', as you said they would.
edit: or will they omit this weird activity of jackson's so's not to create doubt that the sexual accusations were true?

All of that is true. He was also a child rapist.

Who said i was angry with you? I just said you were delusional that this was going to be an honest portrayal of jackson, and hiding nothing.
ok, let's say that michael jackson never molested a kid in his life....do you really think the movie is going to feature jackson getting under the covers of his bed with small boys all the time, which he admitted he did all the time.
do you think the family will be 'brutally honest and hide nothing', as you said they would.
edit: or will they omit this weird activity of jackson's so's not to create doubt that the sexual accusations were true?
The Jackson estate are disgusting cretins with a vested fiscal interest in protecting MJ's legacy. Impossible to make a truthful, or even valuable, biopic with their involvement. Inherently makes the whole venture morally suspect.

I would genuinely prefer it if michael jackson was innocent, i don't have any axe to grind here or wanna see anyone burn in hell, but he probably isn't, those accusers were pretty convincing.

All of that is true. He was also a child rapist.
You didn't even read what I wrote earlier did you? Again, all of this was from research on my end.

You didn't even read what I wrote earlier did you? Again, all of this was from research on my end.

I read it. All of that stuff is just apologia bending over backwards because people don't want MJ to have been a pedophile.

It's not propaganda, dude.
"Kind of parent who allows their children to be alone regularly with a wealthy weird adult man is a scumbag", "Abuse victim processes abuse in a challenging and complicated way that changes over time." are not the slam dunk defences MJ apologists think they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"