MICHAEL KEATON RETURNS (or at least in discussion) AS BATMAN

It's not intentional, I hear any Black Adam related news and it just bounces straight out of my head again :funny:

I've got no particular desire to see Superman Lives, to be honest. Superman isn't a character I've ever really managed to get invested in. The Superman stories that I do like tend to be ones that examine the moral dilemma aspect of his actions and power; what he should do, what he shouldn't do.
1. Even if it's JS-related as well :D
Should at least awake some interest, but no, it's Black Adam, so... bye ;)

2. Superman Lives examines the visual aspect of his fashion style and common sense; how long should he really grow his hair, how his costume shouldn't look. That's some character depth there, man

Even if it's JS-related as well :D
Should at least awake some interest, but no, it's Black Adam, so... bye ;)
I don't even know what JS is, as far as the BA movie is concerned. The Justice Society?

Superman Lives examines the visual aspect of his fashion style and common sense; how long should he really grow his hair, how his costume shouldn't look. That's some character depth there, man
How could I miss that? :funny:

I don't even know what JS is, as far as the BA movie is concerned. The Justice Society?

How could I miss that? :funny:
1. Justice Society, yes.
Incl. the likes of Alan Scott, Jay Garrick AND The Hawks. In a major film.
Maybe a little nerdgasm

2. :funny:

Datrinti with the goods. Put Keaton in this.

3yjbs564q9951.jpg
Ehh. I’d love to see the Beyond suit used on-screen, but I feel like it’s something that practically begs to be CG’d. I want the satisfaction of being able to see that he’s really wearing the Batsuit.

Kingdom Come look all the way, IMO.

I would like to see Burton's versions of Two-Face (Billy Dee) and The Riddler (someone's close to Keaton's age).
What route will he go for these villains? Will they be as twisted as Catwoman and Penguin?

Last edited:
Datrinti with the goods. Put Keaton in this.

3yjbs564q9951.jpg

I don’t usually reply to fan art related posts but this looks pretty damn perfect to what they should go for.

Who can play Burtonverse Riddler?

Here's many suggestions!

Born 1948
Bud Court
Anthony Andrews
Marc Singer
Billy Crystal

Richard Gere
Don Johnson
Tom Waits
Armand Assante
Bill Nighy
Brent Spiner

Bill Murray
William H Macy
Brad Dourif
Ed Harris
Nicholas Hammond
Bruce Boxleitner

Mark Hamill
Kurt Russell
Timothy Bottoms
Stellan Skarsgård

Paul Reubens
Dan Aykroyd

Peter Stormare
Tim Allen
John Malkovich

Dennis Quaid
Scott Bakula
Ron Howard
Ray Liotta
John Travolta

Or why not Steve Martin? But he's several years older than all of them

They were strongly considering Robin Williams as the Riddler, weren't they? Based on that criteria of a comedy actor who's also got a knack for pulling off serious dramatic roles, I'd go for either Billy Crystal or Bill Murray. John Malkovich and Brad Dourif would also be interesting, but I'd prefer that they save them for other villains that are more suited to their talents (Hugo Strange and the Scarecrow, respectively) on the off chance that they ever delve into the Burtonverse again more thoroughly. Dourif was being considered for the Scarecrow for Batman Triumphant, wasn't he?

Something tells me John Travolta would have camped it up to the max if he'd ever got his hands on a Batman villain. :hehe:

^wasn't Jeff Goldblum considered for Scarecrow at one point?... I could see that still working

as for Robin Williams type casting for Riddler.. Chris Diamantopoulos played Williams in a behind the scenes biopic about Mork and Mindy (he's also done some voice work for DC animated shows/movie, so he has that connection there, too) tho, probably a bit young, if were talking about a continuation of Burtonverse (in a where are the villains now kinda way)

I'd love to see Brad Dourif's Scarecrow against Keaton's Batman just so we can finally get this scene from Triumphant on the big screen...

The script culminates with an ambitious, all-star sequence that would have seen a hallucinating Batman face the demons of his past, where he is put on trial by the franchise's previous villains.

The studio wanted to enlist cameos from Danny DeVito (The Penguin), Michelle Pfeiffer (Catwoman), Tommy Lee Jones (Two-Face) and Jim Carrey (The Riddler), all leading up to a final confrontation with the man himself: Jack Nicholson's Joker.

I'd love to see Brad Dourif's Scarecrow against Keaton's Batman just so we can finally get this scene from Triumphant on the big screen...
The studio wanted to enlist cameos from Danny DeVito (The Penguin), Michelle Pfeiffer (Catwoman), Tommy Lee Jones (Two-Face) and Jim Carrey (The Riddler), all leading up to a final confrontation with the man himself: Jack Nicholson's Joker.

That would have been incredible to see :up:

They were strongly considering Robin Williams as the Riddler, weren't they?

My understanding is that they twice used roles (The Joker, The Riddler) as leverage, pseudo offering them to Robin Williams, and then retracting the offer when Nicholson and Carrey were interested.

If I remember right, they only did that with the Joker, and by the time Forever came about, he flat out refused over what happened with B89.

No, I'm pretty sure they did it again. They were like "Forgive us for last time, here's The Riddler". And then Jim Carrey became available.

No, I'm pretty sure they did it again. They were like "Forgive us for last time, here's The Riddler". And then Jim Carrey became available.
This is likely what happened

I remember when Tim Burton was still involved Robin Williams was attached. Then Burton left the project and so did Robin Williams

I wonder how the Snyder Cut going forward just how it will affect the DCEU continuity when it comes to this particular film in general if it even does at all?

Especially now that the Multiverse might be introduced and then Keaton possibly coming back...I wonder how The Flash will look like given the fact we could have multiple Batmen (Affleck, Pattinson) but then you also have Pfeiffer I wonder if she comes back as Catwoman and then Zoe Kravitz as Catwoman and Halle Berry

Ehh. I’d love to see the Beyond suit used on-screen, but I feel like it’s something that practically begs to be CG’d. I want the satisfaction of being able to see that he’s really wearing the Batsuit.

Kingdom Come look all the way, IMO.

I like the basics of this suit, but.... it's not worn by a gentleman in his 60's... it has to reflect that... so, it needs to be looser, more armour, extra support... not at all in a bad way, but in a realitic, practical way... for me I need that.

It's like watching Roger Moore's last Bond outings, he was never in that yellow ski suit flipping over ravines...

DC Fans Are Convinced Michael Keaton’s Flash Role Was Teased In Batman Returns

:funny: All the times I've watched this movie and I've never noticed that before! It would be cool though if Flashpoint did manage to use that!

They could totally use that as a scene.. and have Barry Allen go back and try and contact Bruce, with the help of another speedster...and refilm it for their perspective... I already thought to myself, regardless of this, they can recreate scenes ala back to the future 2 and have Barry snooping about as Batman doe this business. Then there can be a time jump when Barry next goes back, it feels like seconds for him, but it's decades for them.. maybe even the woman he was with, had aged and was pissed for being left there....

if they go the Batman Beyond rout
what about David Mazouz for Terry as a nod to the Gotham show?

if they go the Batman Beyond rout
what about David Mazouz for Terry as a nod to the Gotham show?
It’s a nice thought, especially because there were plenty of times that Mazouz gave me vibes of being a young version of Keaton’s Bruce... but it seems just about as likely as any other TV-to-film jumps, which is to say: not very likely at all.

You know, I found it strange that WB/DC put this up on their social media accounts in mid June. All movies/tv shows used to promote the DC Fandome event were recent or upcoming. Expect for this Batman '89 image:

This, coupled with Michael Uslan's acknowledgements on Facebook, makes it seem like they are pretty confident about Keaton's involvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"