DC Films Better three films featuring Batman? (Keaton, or Bale?)

Listen, I'm a huge Keaton fan, but this is no contest. Nolan/Bale wins this one.

Keaton may have 3 films under his belt now, but none of them were ''designed'' to be a cohesive narrative.

Live Action movies featuring Batman:

1. The Dark Knight *****
2. The Batman ****1/2
3. Batman Begins ****1/2
4. The Dark Knight Rises ****1/4
5. Batman Returns ****
6. Batman and Robin ***1/2
7. Batman Forever ***1/2
[BGCOLOR=initial]8. Batman ***1/2[/BGCOLOR]
9. Batman the Movie ***
10. Justice League *1/2
11. Batman v. Superman *1/2
12. The Flash -*****

Mine,

1. The Batman ~ 9/10
2. Batman Returns ~ 9/10
3. The Dark Knight ~ 9/10
4. Batman '89 ~ 8/10
5. Batman Begins ~ 8/10
6. The Flash ~ 7.5/10
7. The Dark Knight Rises ~ 7/10
8. Batman v Superman~7/10
9. Batman '66 ~ 6.5/10
10.Batman Forever ~ 6.5/10
11.Justice League ~ 4/10
12.Batman & Robin ~ 3/10
Here's Mine ... :ybat::batman:

Screenshot_20231117_112656_Letterboxd.jpg

Last edited:
The 66' Batman movie is the only Batman film that is legitimately underrated, IMO.

Every ranking in this thread put it under some true stinkers.

But where would you place The Flash?
The Lower bunch next to The Lego Batman, BvS, Bat 66 and B&R.

Don't Get Me Wrong, I LOVE Bat Keaton scenes and it was a Lot of Fun. But He was Nothing more than just Nostalgia bait SO I don't count it. It's The Flash movie after all.

Last edited:
Look, I know there are people who love to rag on Rises, but there's no way in HELL it's a lesser film than The Flash lol

Also for me? I think Batman Returns is a little overrated. I used to love it at one point, but that love seems to have been lost a little. 89 at least felt like a Batman film for the most part.

Look, I know there are people who love to rag on Rises, but there's no way in HELL it's a lesser film than The Flash lol

Also for me? I think Batman Returns is a little overrated. I used to love it at one point, but that love seems to have been lost a little. 89 at least felt like a Batman film for the most part.
Agreed. TDKRises is a far more superior and very emotional and inspiring film and a satisfying conclusion in a Trilogy than The Flash and Batman Returns.

It is Why I rank Rises Higher than Returns. And I Don't even include The Flash in My List since thats Not really a Batman movie.

1.The Dark Knight
2. Batman Begins
3. The Dark Knight Rises
4. Batman Forever
5. Batman Returns
6. Batman 66
7. Batman89
8. Batman and Robin

I liked the original Batman from 1989, but I hated "Returns" - it was far too dark.

As for Nolan's efforts, I liked all three of them, but "Batman Begins" is my favorite. The others favored the villains more, instead of Bruce himself.

I mean no disrespect to Batman '89 and Batman Returns, because they represented a leap forward for comic book adaptations, but the Dark Knight Trilogy wins this easily. It was a cohesive trilogy that covered all aspects of Batman's existence. It never winked at the camera, so it never removed the viewer from any part of the story.

I love Keaton as Batman dearly but the only great movie he got was Returns. '89 is solid and The Flash is super duper bad. The usage of Keaton in Flash is also just so shallow and bad, his performance is a blast but it feels to me like they just wrote a generic Batman then got Keaton and splattered '89 imagery all over it.

The Flash saw the return of Michael Keaton's Batman, finally giving him/us that long-awaited third film. So, how does do Keaton's 'trilogy' 'three films featuring Batman' stack up against Christian Bale's?

For me it's close... Both are 'of their time' and take a distinctive approach - with Keaton's Batman existing in far more of a 'comic book' world than Bale's. Both start off strong, with an arguably even better second entry, and a divisive final one that nevertheless gives closure.

My ratings;

Keaton
Batman '89 ~ 8/10
Batman Returns ~ 9/10
The Flash ~ 7.5/10

Bale
Batman Begins ~ 8/10
The Dark Knight ~ 9/10
The Dark Knight Rises ~ 7/10

Totals:
Keaton ~ 24.5/30
Bale ~ 24/30

Keaton wins - just. How about you?

Edit ~ 15/10/23: I know Keaton's wasn't actually a trilogy. I thought using inverted commas around the word made that clear, but it seems not. So I've substituted the term 'three films featuring Batman'. Question remains the same.
1712451114095.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"