• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

MICHAEL KEATON RETURNS (or at least in discussion) AS BATMAN

They're gonna de-age him. I think it's a given at this point.

If they use CGI effects like Marvel to de age Keaton should be interesting even though it would look weird as hell...why not have him play a Beyond old man Bruce? It would make more sense than de aging

A shame we didn't get a full blown announcement, but the concept art is pretty exciting.

I hope not, this is just concept art.

That's the 89 batsymbol, not Returns which is interesting
I noticed that too. Wonder if that's what we'll get or if it's just what they took from a photo reference.

And I am staggered at the low-key way the confirmation about Keaton has come out. This is huge. It's the answer to so many Batfans prayers. Fans who wanted this, but never dared realistically consider that it would happen. For me it's the biggest Batman movie news since Nolan confirmed he was working on The Dark Knight Rises.

I didn't see it but I read through the FanDome thread and I'm surprised too. There's a second part in a few weeks, isn't there? Maybe he'll appear on that. :shrug:

Maybe Flash meets him at two different points in his career...
He's clearly going to be playing an older Wayne in the alternate future Flash creates.

At the beginning of the movie we'll see Flash interacting with Batfleck to establish that it's still the continuity we know from previous DCEU films. Then, Flashpoint will happen, and Barry will realize he messed up the multiverse when Batman is no longer Batfleck. Then, the film will end with the multiverse in which Keaton is Wayne who's now retired as Batman and serving in a Batman Beyond mentor role for the new Batgirl.

At least that was my understanding of the plan a few months ago when rumors started circulating. It'll be interesting to see where they go with Flashpoint, I wonder if we'll see a Dark Knight Returns inspired Gotham with Flash being mentored by an ageing Bruce Wayne.

Last edited:
At the beginning of the movie we'll see Flash interacting with Batfleck to establish that it's still the continuity we know from previous DCEU films. Then, Flashpoint will happen, and Barry will realize he messed up the multiverse when Batman is no longer Batfleck. Then, the film will end with the multiverse in which Keaton is Wayne who's now retired as Batman and serving in a Batman Beyond mentor role for the new Batgirl.
I could definitely see it playing out along those lines.

At least Andy confirmed Keaton on Vanity Fair with Affleck, before it was speculation he was in talks, so even then it wasn't a done deal.

Also we're not sure how long ago the panel was pre-recorded. (presumably within weeks)

But The Flash is due out 30 years after Batman Returns, which is hard to believe. But the movies have lived on, homaged etc. Before 89 the main point of reference for the Caped Crusader was Adam West, so that really changed the perception of the Dark Knight; stylistically there was definite influence on the animated series. Obviously since Birdman Keaton's movie career has really gone up and up again.

If the 89 universe were ever to come back, I was expecting a comic or animated movie, but this is big.

If Keaton hadn't done it, then what? Bale, Gordon-Levitt in a Beyond-type capacity? Might this had forced the writers to adapt JDM as Thomas. if not, I guess the only two other options would have been Kilmer or Clooney!

i'm suer duper pumped for this!!

But The Flash is due out 30 years after Batman Returns, which is hard to believe. But the movies have lived on, homaged etc. Before 89 the main point of reference for the Caped Crusader was Adam West, so that really changed the perception of the Dark Knight; stylistically there was definite influence on the animated series. Obviously since Birdman Keaton's movie career has really gone up and up again.

If the 89 universe were ever to come back, I was expecting a comic or animated movie, but this is big.
:up:

i'm suer duper pumped for this!!
:up: :up:

The biggest reason (though far from being the only one) that FanDome left me disappointed was because there was no interview from Keaton. I was so expecting something. :funny:

I didn't really expect a Keaton interview, but I expected more casting confirmed. Having Michelle Pfeiffer popping up to confirm her return as Selina Kyle/Catwoman would've been nice.

Maybe Flash meets him at two different points in his career...

That's my guess as well. He probably meets him in his prime and then as eldery Keaton. What I don't know whether he's going to be in his prime for most of the film and then have a little scene at the end without deaging or viceversa. Jackson was de-aged for his entire runtime in Captain Marvel (though hopefully if this is the case they hire a body double for the more physical scenes).

I didn't really expect a Keaton interview, but I expected more casting confirmed. Having Michelle Pfeiffer popping up to confirm her return as Selina Kyle/Catwoman would've been nice.
That would would have been a hell of a lot better than “nice” for me! :cwink:

I don't want them to de-age him at all. I love the thought of Keaton's Batman remaining active all these years after we last saw him in Returns.

I really feel like this is just a case of y’all giving way too much thought to a piece of concept art.

Like, yeah, there’s going to be time travel, so it’s not impossible, but I really don’t think this is any deeper than “This scene is Ezra and Keaton’s Batman, so just put Keaton’s Batman in the concept drawing.”

Yeah I don't really need to see Keaton de-aged for Flashpoint.

However, a de-aged Keaton playing Batman in movies that are set in-between Returns and Flashpoint? Now we're cooking. :funny: Unfortunately that will almost certainly never happen. Though it's raised my hopes that some day we'll get animated DC Burtonverse films ala Batman: Return of the Caped Crusaders. That would be a scream.

He's clearly going to be playing an older Wayne in the alternate future Flash creates.

At the beginning of the movie we'll see Flash interacting with Batfleck to establish that it's still the continuity we know from previous DCEU films. Then, Flashpoint will happen, and Barry will realize he messed up the multiverse when Batman is no longer Batfleck. Then, the film will end with the multiverse in which Keaton is Wayne who's now retired as Batman and serving in a Batman Beyond mentor role for the new Batgirl..
Assuming she was born in 89, this means Keaton would be mentoring a 30+ year old Barbara. That seems a bit much, no?

Does Jim Gordon even exist in the Burtonverse? Edit: He does. Don't really remember him lol

Keaton looks great. No need to de-age him unless you want some flashbacks. Even then I have absolutely no desire to see an inevitably terrifying de-aged 1989 Keaton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"