BvS Michael Wilkinson Is The Costume Designer For Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice

queendarkness12

The Queenmaker
Reaction score
I wanted to make this thread, since there are ones on Larry Fong, Hans Zimmer and Junkie Xl, what about this guy?

The most important aspect of this movie are the costumes, they are what people identify certain heroes with in terms of apperance.

After seeing the Trinity and Aquaman in costume, I'm excited to see what Cyborg, Green Lantern and The Flash will look like in his capable hands. :cwink:

What do you think?

Last edited:
B-RJXnUCQAADuV7.jpg
B-RJYFTCQAAy-LK.jpg
B-RJYvzCcAAcMDp.jpg
B-RJZN0CUAAIPAq.jpg

The guy is 4 for 4 I'm excited to see other characters in costume as well. :halo:

He is doing an incredible job so far. I think studios confidence in Zack Synder's vision is making DCU better looking in designs compared to what Nolan's vision might be for such a world.

I hope direction / script /characterizations will be as strong as designs. I have complete confidence in designs & action scenes.

He is doing an incredible job so far. I think studios confidence in Zack Synder's vision is making DCU better looking in designs compared to what Nolan's vision might be for such a world.

I hope direction / script /characterizations will be as strong as designs. I have complete confidence in designs & action scenes.

Although I am a Huge Snyder fan and think he directs his own vision masterfully, there couldn't be a statement made in this forum that would ever compete with the one I'm highlighting.

[/COLOR][/B]

Although I am a Huge Snyder fan and think he directs his own vision masterfully, there couldn't be a statement made in this forum that would ever compete with the one I'm highlighting.

I trust in Terrio to be better than Goyer.

But can he move? No I'm kidding. Michael is doing an incredible job so far. I would love to see Aquamomoa's legs (in a straight, manly way). That belt looks sick!!!

[/COLOR][/B]

I think real problem is David Goyer. I'm okay with him helping the director about comic book world but i wouldn't let him come near by writing screen play.

Dark Knight Saga has improved significantly after Goyer was out of writing the screen play. Even Batman Begins (movie i love) has some cheesy Goyer stuff.

MOS biggest problem was trying so hard to be Batman Begins. I hated some corny/dull screen play / dialog Goyer brings and Nolan's approach effected Snyder to make it more realistic (or boring) looking movie.

Let Goyer bring some ideas from comic books etc. but let other guys take over rest.

Amir Mokri (Transformers) is replaced by Larry Fong (Snyder's guy) as cinematographer. I think we'll have much more majestic looking movie than regular/sterile looking one. This will be a game changer i believe. Hopefully Chris Terrio will effect screen play (at least dialogs) to be stronger.

I think real problem is David Goyer. I'm okay with him helping the director about comic book world but i wouldn't let him come near by writing screen play.

Dark Knight Saga has improved significantly after Goyer was out of writing the screen play. Even Batman Begins (movie i love) has some cheesy Goyer stuff.

MOS biggest problem was trying so hard to be Batman Begins. I hated some corny/dull screen play / dialog Goyer brings and Nolan's approach effected Snyder to make it more realistic (or boring) looking movie.

Let Goyer bring some ideas from comic books etc. but let other guys take over rest.

Amir Mokri (Transformers) is replaced by Larry Fong (Snyder's guy) as cinematographer. I think we'll have much more majestic looking movie than regular/sterile looking one. This will be a game changer i believe. Hopefully Chris Terrio will effect screen play (at least dialogs) to be stronger.
I totally agree. I felt Zack was held back by the screenplay. And let's not get going about Goyer's dialog. I an so thankful for him bringing Superman back with such enthusiasm but well, you know, not his thing.

After these designs of WW & Aquaman, Thor franchise look like bunch of cosplayers.

Who would think Aquaman will look more older,mightier,mythical and majestic than entire Norse Gods on screen. What a waste of opportunity on their part.

I didn't know anything about aquaman and i didn't give a damn but now i'm thinking he just might end up my favorite one just by the looks.That's power of right decision making. Give this man & studio big applause.

Applause.gif

I didn't like the Wonder Woman suit at first, because of the filter colours, but it's starting to grow on me lately.

Some people complained about WW having high heels. They should chill out, her suit is great.

Nice job on Aquaman. But still not Batman costume shot from the front or looking up. Dang it!

Good to see the designer getting some props at last.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing what he does with Cyborg. Superman is Superman, Batman is Batman - they have very unique and instantly recognisable costumes. And he's done a fantastic job putting his own touch on those. But Cyborg is arguably a little more difficult as he has to look fairly robotic, but still not look like a ripoff off Robocop, Terminator and all the other robot/cyborg characters we've seen on screen over the years. Can't wait to see what he comes up with.

Yes, this thread was needed. Wilkinson is a god among insects when it comes to superhero costumes. He made the BEST Superman costume EVER, and from the looks of it, his Batman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman designs are going to leave all the others in the dust. I can't want to see is Flash, Cyborg and GL suits (though the latter two may feature a lot of CGI).

He's been Amy Adams costume designer in 4 movies including BvS and she once said said that he likes to take in the actors/actresses opinions on the costumes or outfit's he designs for them.

I'm forever indebted to him for the batsuit.

Does he also design the CG costumes (eg. Zod, etc.).

I have a feeling that they might go with the CG approach for Cyborg.

I love the look of the costume....can't wait to see the full thing. As it has been said before, maybe this is satisfy people for a while

I wonder what his Flash and Cyborg costumes will look like. Hopefully he does the Green Lantern one too along with Shazam.

Yea his Flash costume is gna be nasty. I'm sure Cyborg will require alot of Cg. Not sure if he handles that, but probably has some say in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"