Microsoft buying Zenimax

Honestly, this is more relevant to people who don't play on Xbox, for people that do, pretty much nothing changes for them. Can't say I'm really bothered, only franchise of theirs I give a damn about is ES, and by the time the next one comes out I'll have saved up for a new PC anyways, so I still get to not give two s***s about Xbox.

Yes but you still get to give your $ to Microsoft/Xbox if you buy the game on the PC or get PC Gamepass.

And in the end that is all MS cares about.. getting everyone's money. :)

Now... down to business.. hope they get this finalized soon. Need me some Doom and other "free" games on Gamepass as getting the XBSX will tap me out.

Last edited:
Yes but you still get to give your $ to Microsoft/Xbox if you buy the game on the PC or get PC Gamepass.

And in the end that is all MS cares about.. getting everyone's money. :)

Now... down to business.. hope they get this finalized soon. Need me some Doom and other "free" games on Gamepass as getting the XBSX will tap me out.
On pc they could make the game exclusive to Gamepass. That locks people into the same ecosystem and also means access to XBox friends/party chat/achievements/crossplay etc. In their eyes the pc is likely just an extension of the same ecosystem, unless people play it through Steam or other services.

Well if that's the case, then a thread like this being in that forum give em a reason to go there...
But mS owns Zinemax now. That is literally the whole story here. Why would that part not fit?
I didn't say it didn't fit. I specifically agreed that the Microsoft part obviously fits there (and separately the Zenimax part is a reason to have a thread here). You were free to make a thread there, even though traffic is far lower. I've made a thread there now and hopefully you are going to use it given how important this was to you, (unless it was only the thread placement rather than the news which was of interest). All good, unless you subsequently complain it's not busy enough and in that case you will be locked in there. :hehe:

A bunch of people could have missed this news if it had been only kept to the Microsoft board. Many PS/Nintendo/PC guys aren't looking for Xbox news but would be interested in events that majorly affect the multiplatform landscape, particularly if they happen to be fans of any of the many big name series that are affected.

Well this is rather shocking. I think for a while they’ll just have Microsoft exclusives for a bit but as others have said, Bethesda hasn’t been Bethesda for a while now. Maybe time to let the king die in order to encourage a new king with new ideas.

hope this doesn’t stall or affect wolfenstein or doom. Elder scrolls it would be a shame to loose but really how could you top Skyrim anyway?

Well this is rather shocking. I think for a while they’ll just have Microsoft exclusives for a bit but as others have said, Bethesda hasn’t been Bethesda for a while now. Maybe time to let the king die in order to encourage a new king with new ideas.

hope this doesn’t stall or affect wolfenstein or doom. Elder scrolls it would be a shame to loose but really how could you top Skyrim anyway?
Skyrim is one of my favourite games and a system selling one to me, but I could give you a list of about 500 ways to improve it if you have the time. :D:

Large open world games I find have much more room for improvement due to their scope and having to spread their content thinly over that massive area.

They also benefit more than most from upgrades in power. The next Elder Scrolls could still be a fair way away and Skyrim came out in 2011. 2 full console generations will have passed and the Series X will allow many things that the 360 couldn’t.

Yes, easily imo. The Witcher 3 was miles better, and there are other similar open world games out there that don't look like they are ancient, aren't so buggy as to destroy your chance to finish a questline, and have actual combat. :D

I didn't say it didn't fit. I specifically agreed that the Microsoft part obviously fits there (and separately the Zenimax part is a reason to have a thread here). You were free to make a thread there, even though traffic is far lower. I've made a thread there now and hopefully you are going to use it given how important this was to you, (unless it was only the thread placement rather than the news which was of interest). All good, unless you subsequently complain it's not busy enough and in that case you will be locked in there. :hehe:

A bunch of people could have missed this news if it had been only kept to the Microsoft board. Many PS/Nintendo/PC guys aren't looking for Xbox news but would be interested in events that majorly affect the multiplatform landscape, particularly if they happen to be fans of any of the many big name series that are affected.
I disagree overall that the mS part or the Zenimax stuff fitting here. This is Microsoft news that should be in the Microsoft thread, just like the Sony news about Insomniac was in the Sony thread.

If you're saying the reason you didn't make the thread there really was because of the low traffic, then a thread like this could have brought more traffic there. And if people would have missed it just because the thread was made there (I strongly disagree with that btw) then what is even the point of having a mS forum? Might as well merge it with the misc section to make sure none of the threads get missed out on going by that logic

Yes, easily imo. The Witcher 3 was miles better, and there are other similar open world games out there that don't look like they are ancient, aren't so buggy as to destroy your chance to finish a questline, and have actual combat. :D
Skyrim's bugs and weak writing is why I'll be sticking to PC for Elder Scrolls, modding is essential to get the most out of the games. And honestly, the overhaul mod Enderal walks all over the base game, and I expect Beyond Skyrim will as well.

I disagree overall that the mS part or the Zenimax stuff fitting here. This is Microsoft news that should be in the Microsoft thread, just like the Sony news about Insomniac was in the Sony thread.

If you're saying the reason you didn't make the thread there really was because of the low traffic, then a thread like this could have brought more traffic there. And if people would have missed it just because the thread was made there (I strongly disagree with that btw) then what is even the point of having a mS forum? Might as well merge it with the misc section to make sure none of the threads get missed out on going by that logic
Okay seriously, what are we doing here? A mod created the thread in here, and we have had at least one other mod who has been in this thread who seemed more then fine with it. You disagree. Okay. But the world is not going to stop spinning because a thread that has been decently active is in the main gaming forum. When Final Fantasy 16 was announced, I posted the thread in the main Final Fantasy thread, which is here. I know that was shocking because it was at first announced as a Playstation exclusive, but the forum kept moving.

So how about this. We just let the mods mod, and we use this thread to discuss the Microsoft/Zenimax deal, not where this thread belongs? Cool?

Skyrim's bugs and weak writing is why I'll be sticking to PC for Elder Scrolls, modding is essential to get the most out of the games.
Just want to make it clear, I loved Skyrim. I played it on the 360, and had so much fun with it. But it feels really old at this point and still has a lot of the same issues it did a decade ago in terms of bugs and such.

My brother like you played Skyrim on the PC. I got so jealous every time he showed me a mod. I remember one had all the weapons replaced by LotR ones. So cool.

Just want to make it clear, I loved Skyrim. I played it on the 360, and had so much fun with it. But it feels really old at this point and still has a lot of the same issues it did a decade ago in terms of bugs and such.

My brother like you played Skyrim on the PC. I got so jealous every time he showed me a mod. I remember one had all the weapons replaced by LotR ones. So cool.
Wait until you see the Macho Man Randy Savage mod. :o

Okay seriously, what are we doing here? A mod created the thread in here, and we have had at least one other mod who has been in this thread who seemed more then fine with it. You disagree. Okay. But the world is not going to stop spinning because a thread that has been decently active is in the main gaming forum. When Final Fantasy 16 was announced, I posted the thread in the main Final Fantasy thread, which is here. I know that was shocking because it was at first announced as a Playstation exclusive, but the forum kept moving.

So how about this. We just let the mods mod, and we use this thread to discuss the Microsoft/Zenimax deal, not where this thread belongs? Cool?
Umm I don't see why you're making an even bigger deal about this. Whether it was a move made a mod or not, I disagreed with having the thread made here and I stand by the points I made about it. If it doesn't change then it doesn't change, fine. But I have something to say in response, then I will.

Help me out here. What do these words in bold mean to you from the post you quoted?
I've made a thread there now and hopefully you are going to use it given how important this was to you, (unless it was only the thread placement rather than the news which was of interest).

There has never been a problem with making a thread in the Microsoft forum. I made one yesterday, just didn't do it straightaway as I was already discussing it all over the place in the XSX thread and outside the Hype.

Everyone is free to make suggestions when they feel something could be improved but that doesn't mean it becomes an open platform to push your will onto how you want things run, all while derailing the thread.

4 posts on thread placement, none in reaction to the news itself. That tells its own story. Next time move to PM if you want to discuss an issue further after I have given reasons for what I'm doing.

For now consider this issue dealt with, and in case there's any doubt, I won't be entertaining any more discussion on this. Any future posts from you derailing the thread will be deleted and infracted.

If you want to be a moderator put your application in to an admin. Otherwise refrain from trying to force your will and shape things the way you personally prefer unless you can make suggestions in the friendly manner that everyone else does.

Help me out here. What do these words in bold mean to you from the post you quoted?

There has never been a problem with making a thread in the Microsoft forum. I made one yesterday, just didn't do it straightaway as I was already discussing it all over the place in the XSX thread and outside the Hype.

Everyone is free to make suggestions when they feel something could be improved but that doesn't mean it becomes an open platform to push your will onto how you want things run, all while derailing the thread.

4 posts on thread placement, none in reaction to the news itself. That tells its own story. Next time move to PM if you want to discuss an issue further after I have given reasons for what I'm doing.

For now consider this issue dealt with, and in case there's any doubt, I won't be entertaining any more discussion on this. Any future posts from you derailing the thread will be deleted and infracted.

If you want to be a moderator put your application in to an admin. Otherwise refrain from trying to force your will and shape things the way you personally prefer unless you can make suggestions in the friendly manner that everyone else does.
I missed that part of your post, my bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"