Xbox Microsoft buys Zenimax

And the question is how many new Bethesda games are going to come out in the Series X and S for the next 7 years before the next console like Ps6 is announced.

Its still a wait and see. Meanwhile on Sony's side - theres already Miles Morales, Horizon Forbidden West, God of War Ragnarok is Cöming, Demons Soul remake, Rachet & Clank Dimensions, Returnal, Destruction Allstars, a new Astro, a LittleBigPlanet spin off and we know a new Naughty Dog game is already under development which should come out maybe in 3 years.
like I said in the versus thread, Skyrim sold 30 million copies in 6 years and that's one game. It is also considered one of the greatest games of all time, not that that feat is particularly relevant here. The studio does not have to make several different releases in order for the hardware it was developed for to be desirable. One release alone is enough to make a system seller.

like I said in the versus thread, Skyrim sold 30 million copies in 6 years and that's one game. It is also considered one of the greatest games of all time, not that that feat is particularly relevant here. The studio does not have to make several different releases in order for the hardware it was developed for to be desirable. One release alone is enough to make a system seller.
I did say in the past that this would be good for the Xbox as they need more games that aren't accessible to PlayStation (and even Nintendo).

The question is would Microsoft make it eXclusive to Windows and Series X | S?

I did say in the past that this would be good for the Xbox as they need more games that aren't accessible to PlayStation (and even Nintendo).

The question is would Microsoft make it eXclusive to Windows and Series X | S?
I would say yes, they will. I understand there is a chance they would go multiplatform but I think they made this $7.5 billion acquisition to add to the Xbox library.

I would say yes, they will. I understand there is a chance they would go multiplatform but I think they made this $7.5 billion acquisition to add to the Xbox library.
Well they really should as imo, its the point of a buyout, especially games like Gears of War Forza and Halo were never released on ps and they need more eXclusives.

I'm interested to see if Playstation buys a gaming studio, I don't think they will but who knows.

That’s it. Skyrim, Fallout 3 and Oblivion are super-long games with a bunch of replay value and can affect a whole generation. Having 10 Fallout 76s wouldn't move the needle but 3 significant games like that in a generation from one studio would be significant.

Can't say I'm surprised. looks like I'll be playing Starfield and The Elder Scrolls VI on PC then!
You’ll be fine with that new card you’re getting. They’re going to look great with that! :up:

You’ll be fine with that new card you’re getting. They’re going to look great with that! :up:
Agreed! Literally just waiting for him to get his hands on the 3080 so I can get the 2080ti he has lol. He's selling it to me, so its not free, but for about $350. That, along with my PS5 of course, will bring in the next generation nicely.

Agreed! Literally just waiting for him to get his hands on the 3080 so I can get the 2080ti he has lol. He's selling it to me, so its not free, but for about $350. That, along with my PS5 of course, will bring in the next generation nicely.
I paid full price for it earlier this year. :dry:

Haha, great deal you’ve got there.

(Some) people are acting all shocked and amazed that the next Elder Scrolls and Fallout games are likely going to be Xbox/PC exclusive.

And I'm like "Yeah? No ****!"

I mean. If I were MS and Team Xbox, that's what I would do. The next Fallout and Elder Scrolls SHOULD be huge exclusives for the Xbox ecosystem. IMO, you'd kind of deflate a lot of the value of that big acquisition if you act all "generous" and let other platforms continue to have those titles.

Those gaming franchises SHOULD now become synonymous with the Xbox brand.

(Some) people are acting all shocked and amazed that the next Elder Scrolls and Fallout games are likely going to be Xbox/PC exclusive.

And I'm like "Yeah? No ****!"

I mean. If I were MS and Team Xbox, that's what I would do. The next Fallout and Elder Scrolls SHOULD be huge exclusives for the Xbox ecosystem. IMO, you'd kind of deflate a lot of the value of that big acquisition if you act all "generous" and let other platforms continue to have those titles.

Those gaming franchises SHOULD now become synonymous with the Xbox brand.
Yeah, otherwise spend the $7.5B on your own studios.

And the question is how many new Bethesda games are going to come out in the Series X and S for the next 7 years before the next console like Ps6 is announced.

Its still a wait and see. Meanwhile on Sony's side - theres already Miles Morales, Horizon Forbidden West, God of War Ragnarok is Cöming, Demons Soul remake, Rachet & Clank Dimensions, Returnal, Destruction Allstars, a new Astro, a LittleBigPlanet spin off and we know a new Naughty Dog game is already under development which should come out maybe in 3 years.
3 years is late 2023 by when most of the MS studios will have delivered. Some games like ES might take longer but 3 years from now for games that have already started development is a long time. People are talking about launch and 2021 being light, not 2022 and 2023.

Xbox will be an RPG and FPS powerhouse once Bethesda joins, Phil Spencer says | GamesRadar+

people always say things like "mS is all talk barely any action" but this time is different. when Bethesda is back, they will be back with a bang bang bang
They're certainly going to be very strong on WRPGs and FPS. All the studios under Zenimax are going to have a big impact over the years, as well as all the other individual studios they added like Obsidian, Ninja Theory, InXile, The Initiative etc. They've gone from 5 (of which one was multiplat anyway) to 23 so that is a hell of a lot of additional content to come every year once all prior obligations are fulfilled and the studios have had a full dev cycle to complete games. I think the momentum will really start building next year and get crazier every year after that. Gamepass is already unbelievebale value without any of that content.

this is the same guy who broke the news of Series S before it was officially announced. Sony is really in for a rude awakening if they don't start buying major publishers back in response

this is the same guy who broke the news of Series S before it was officially announced. Sony is really in for a rude awakening if they don't start buying major publishers back in response

I saw people talking about this on other forums. I'm kind of hoping google and amazon don't get anywhere although they obviously have the cash to go after who they want. Sony really need to think of their streaming strategy for the future. On the acquisition front they might struggle in any bidding wars with the tech titans but they should snap up all the companies they're currently working with where possible. Microsoft is investing a lot in increasing staff numbers at their studios too so they are throwing a lot of money about and really committing.

Hopefully it's all concluded asap and we get a statement on it.

Officially Welcoming Bethesda to Team Xbox - Xbox Wire

This is the next step in building an industry-leading first party studios team, a commitment we have to our Xbox community. With the addition of the Bethesda creative teams, gamers should know that Xbox consoles, PC, and Game Pass will be the best place to experience new Bethesda games, including some new titles in the future that will be exclusive to Xbox and PC players.

I am telling you guys. Sony is going to suffer hard for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"