Microsoft Lowers Price of Xbox 360 by $100 in Canada

Reaction score
I guess this is good for Canadian people and for me as well.
I'm still not happy about the malfunctioning and shoddy products, but I could get a warranty and well, maybe I'll get lucky and nothing will happen.

http://www.xbox.com/en-ca/community/news/2007/0806-consoleprice.htm

Microsoft Lowers Price of Xbox 360 by $100 in Canada

Price drop coincides with release of "Madden NFL 08" on Xbox 360, one of many titles that make up the greatest holiday lineup in video game history.

Published August 7, 2007

TORONTO, ON -- Aug. 7, 2007 -- Microsoft Corp. today kicked off the greatest holiday lineup in video game history by announcing it will reduce the Canadian retail price of Xbox 360™ by $100 (CDN) beginning Aug. 8 at Canadian retailers nationwide. Soon to follow, Electronic Arts Inc. (EA) will release its blockbuster video game title "Madden NFL 08" on Aug. 14. "Madden NFL Football," one of the most important mass-appeal franchises in video games, was the top-selling game of 2006 and is the top-selling franchise of the past 10 years. Only Xbox 360 offers a console for all interests and budgets.

Score Xbox 360 at a new low price.
"The fact that we have been able to keep our launch price longer than any other console while retaining our leadership position demonstrates that consumers believe in the value of Xbox 360," said Mitch Koch, corporate vice president, Global Retail Sales and Marketing Group, Entertainment and Devices Division at Microsoft. "On the eve of the best holiday games lineup ever and the launch of 'Madden NFL 08,' there has never been a better time to jump into Xbox 360."

Family of Consoles
Xbox 360 will enhance the value of its entire family of consoles beginning on Aug. 8. At a new price of $399.99 (CDN), Xbox 360 offers an unsurpassed experience right out of the box with a 20 GB hard drive, wireless controller, Xbox 360 headset, and more.
For those looking for the ultimate value and the freedom to customize their console as they see fit, Xbox 360 Core System now has an estimated retail price (ERP) of $299.99 (CDN). Xbox 360 Core System provides everything gamers need to hit the ground running while giving consumers the ability to add new features and accessories they want.
Dressed in black and equipped with a 120GB hard drive, Xbox 360 Elite will be priced at an ERP of $499.99 (CDN) for those who want the premium games and entertainment experience.
In anticipation of this year's largest blockbuster game launch, the Xbox 360 Halo® 3 Special Edition Console will hit store shelves in September with an ERP of $449.99 (CDN). Featuring an authentic Spartan green-and-gold finish, this console will include a matching Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, Xbox 360 20GB hard drive, Xbox 360 Headset an Xbox 360 Play and Charge Kit and more.

Xbox360s are guaranteed to explode in your face. They're actually being given to insurgents for both the War on Terror and the War in Iraq.

The super Canada price-cut is an American plot to blow Canada off the face of the earth. You don't know about it since you're not an American Citizen.

Nonsense! In America you're allowed to do whatever you want.

Well, that's not exactly true. You're allowed to drink yourself into a coma, but you're not allowed to get medicinal marijuana to ease the pain of chemotherapy. You're not allowed to do anything that offends the religious right either, that too, oh, and it's looked down upon to be a Muslim in America.

:down

Eh, yeah. I love the country, but to say that it's the greatest country in existence is pretty naive. There are plenty of stupid laws in place, and our justice system isn't the most fool-proof considering plenty of corruption in police forces in rural cities and the Deep South.

There are the high points though, which is you can get basically any kind of food or cultural delicacy here that you could dream of. Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, Mexican, German, Italian. You name it, we've got it. It's a diverse place, yeah. But it's also full of jackasses and people that are so bitter and xenophobic that it makes me sick. I would also contend that we have some of the best musicians in the planet along with Britain.

Though, I can't help but miss spending time in Canmore or London. Both of those places were definitely some of the greatest places to spend a few weeks. Melting pot is nice and all, but sometimes there are better places to live.

:huh:

Xbox360s are guaranteed to explode in your face. They're actually being given to insurgents for both the War on Terror and the War in Iraq.

The super Canada price-cut is an American plot to blow Canada off the face of the earth. You don't know about it since you're not an American Citizen.

Shut up :csad:

HE'S LYING.

What the f**k dude, now they know.
Now we have to drop the PS3 drastically and figure out a way to make them 'splode.
Oh wait..

No one buys those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"