Microsoft extends Xbox 360 Warranty to three years; Refunds for all!!!

Xtromaniak, way are you turning this move into 'Microsoft is a lovely company' move?

The high level of 360 failure rates where becoming more and more talked about to the extent Microsoft were worried the bad press could affect their future sales. They aren't extended the warranty because they feel for the consumer whose machine has broken. They're extending it because it will ease the fears of potential 360 purchasers who might otherwise be scared away by the alarming failure rate.

So no, Sony never did offer extended warranties, but then, they never had to. Their problems wasn't as big, and they didn't need to keep potential consumers sweet.

I'm not, you totally missed the whole point of my post(s). Though, it does show that MS is a much more lovely company than Sony. And yes, PS2s did have many problems and a high-****ing fail rate. So don't spin me that garbage.

Congratulations on that one. :o

But do you think that Microsoft would even admit to a 25% - 33% failure rate. Hell, they've had balls to get rid of their spin that it was the average 3% - 5% and it's something that Sony wouldn't have done. But no company is going to go out and say that.

You are missing the point, though. The whole point is not that Microsoft is or isn't admitting to a 33% fail rate, but that there is no evidence to corroborate anything above 25% besides hearsay and a couple retailers giving estimates. You need actual numbers, not guesses.

I'm not, you totally missed the whole point of my post(s). Though, it does show that MS is a much more lovely company than Sony. And yes, PS2s did have many problems and a high-****ing fail rate. So don't spin me that garbage.

Congratulations on that one. :o
I'm not saying Sony didn't have problems. I'm saying their failure rate wasn't as great as that of the 360, thus they didn't need to worry as much.

Stop being so naive.

So the amount of 360's that failed is around the same as the approval rate of the President.

Which means that a majority of 360s didn't fail, and a majority of people aren't pleased with the President.

I'm not saying Sony didn't have problems. I'm saying their failure rate wasn't as great as that of the 360, thus they didn't need to worry as much.

Stop being so naive.

No, you're pretending that as if PS2's failure rate which was unusually high as well means nothing, but because the 360's rate is probably.. maybe 5-6% more it's a TRAVESTY! Sony didn't do **** even when they made a product with weak, oft-failing parts, but at least Microsoft had the balls to do something.

End of discussion. There is no shade of gray here.

Sony didn't do anything because they didn't need to. It's that simple. The PS2 never got quite the bad press the 360 has in terms of failure rates. Sony didn't need to do anything about it. It's not about Microsoft having the balls to do something. It's about them saving image and ensuring people continue to buy the 360.

Sony didn't do anything because they didn't need to. It's that simple. The PS2 never got quite the bad press the 360 has in terms of failure rates. Sony didn't need to do anything about it. It's not about Microsoft having the balls to do something. It's about them saving image and ensuring people continue to buy the 360.

They could've ignored it as well. They're Microsoft, unlike Sony they aren't as financially weak and they could've handled the loss of a few thousand, or ten thousand customers. The fact is they didn't have to make such extreme reparations. They easily could've just extended the warranty a year instead of returning everyone who'd repaired their 360s' money.

They could've ignored it as well. They're Microsoft, unlike Sony they aren't as financially weak and they could've handled the loss of a few thousand, or ten thousand customers. The fact is they didn't have to make such extreme reparations. They easily could've just extended the warranty a year instead of returning everyone who'd repaired their 360s' money.
Sony isnt nor were they financially weak

Sony isnt nor were they financially weak

Compared to a lot of other companies you would be right. But compared to Microsoft? No. And thats their competition. So it does matter.

Compared to a lot of other companies you would be right. But compared to Microsoft? No. And thats their competition. So it does matter.

If they're still in the red because of the PS3, then they'll really take it up the ass with the upcoming price-cut.

:hyper:

Well they were already losing an insane amount on each PS3 sold... but what's really going to do them in is how there are almost no system-sellers coming out this year.

If they're still in the red because of the PS3, then they'll really take it up the ass with the upcoming price-cut.

:hyper:

Acctually, not that much. The biggest cost that when in producing the PS3 was the diode that produces the laser. Now that cost has gone down greatly to around $8. Production cost goes down and so the price cut is given out to the customer. Sounds like a pretty good company to me. Microsoft hurt themselves in the long run by rushing their product to beat out Nintendo and Sony. The cost of that rush was an all around bad build, causeing the huge failure rate. Give this one more year and you will see a reversal in numbers and PS3 will be on top. I guarantee it. :hyper:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"