Mission: Impossible Films Thread

House_of_El

Defender of Krypton
Reaction score
Title speaks for itself.

I made this thread to discuss an interesting film series wit great action and complex plots.

Discuss!

M:I was more espionnage, suspense.
M:I-2 was more action
M:I-3 tried a bit of both

I liked them all! Great cast in each one!

M:I-2 has always been my favorite one.

It had James Bond espionae, slow motion, gun-in-each-hand, and awesoe fighting. Also great acting from Tom Cruise.

Loved them all :up: They all have a great story, great cast, and lot's of action, I wish they were going to make more.

No, I think 3 movies are enough. I wouldn't like a fourth movie to ruin this quality package!

I mean, there is nothing more to say about Hunt's characterization and a new spy replacing him would be boring IMO

IMO Ethan Hunt's characterization has been developed.

From point man to field agent to trainer for recruits to IMF to married man.

Hated that the series had extremely ****ty continuity...

Really dig the series, but I agree the continuity is completely nonexistant. But hey, who cares, it changed things up and kept each one fresh.

I'd heard for the longest time that the second one sucked, but I finally saw it earliar this year and thought it kicked all sorts of ash.

Good series of films. Each one is eqally different from the previous film.

Loved the first one when it first came out, but I saw it recently and it wasn't as good.

I remember liking the second one in the theater but I haven't seen it since and my opinion could change.

Liked most of the third one until the ridiculous last act, which looked like the writer(s) ran out of clever AND logical ideas.

The only reason why MI2 rocked because it was directed by John Woo. I was half expecting, chow yun fat to be the bad guy, that would have killed all sorts of ash.

I thought MI3 was a bit boring, I'll check it out again, its on sky movies every day for the rest of the week.

MI1 is probably still my favourite.

A lot of people say that M:I-2 was bad and it definitely was the worst, but I still like it (least of the three though)

It made it too easy for Ethan Hunt. They used the life-masks and voice changers way too much.

I thought the third one was great though. Def the best. It made the spy gadgets very practical without being to farfetched. The most farfetched being the life-masks but even that was very well-used by Abrams.

It's funny that the majority of people say M:I-2 was the worst, when out of the three, Mission: Impossible got the worst reviews.

This is a very cliche "film junkie" thing to say but I almost never listen to reviewers.

If im on the fence on some movie then I'll check out the rottontomato score and sometimes I will check a reviewer whose own taste in movies seems to sync up with mine.

This is a very cliche "film junkie" thing to say but I almost never listen to reviewers.

If im on the fence on some movie then I'll check out the rottontomato score and sometimes I will check a reviewer whose own taste in movies seems to sync up with mine.

I only look at reviews if I'm on the fence about seeing a film, or if a film I had no interest was regarded as one of the best of the year (Michael Clayton, for example). My reviewer that I usually agree with is Roger Ebert, so I go check out his website, sometimes.

Btw, Rotten Tomatoes sucks.
A film could get a 90% for being passable, but an amazing film could get a 82% for being loved by the majority, and hated by a few.

Btw, Rotten Tomatoes sucks.
A film could get a 90% for being passable, but an amazing film could get a 82% for being loved by the majority, and hated by a few.

Thats the problem with reviews. They are subjective. But they are still a good source when ur on the fence of some movie.

I liked all 3 of them. I got the collection on HD DVD, a couple of month ago. Its awesome.

Hated all 3, but MI 1 did show that it tried to be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"