The Bourne Trilogy: Favorite?

Thats the problem, the story came full circle without revealing anything new, honestly what did we find out in Ultimatum that was both new and worthwhile?

Well, there was a subtle evolution from "revenge-oriented" to "hero". But I'd tend to agree, there wasn't much in the way of character evolution.

Although that scene where Bourne is all "I'm in your office" was classic.

After watching the trilogy last week i felt like i had just watched the same movie 3 times over. I just don't get why everybody loves them so much. What i especially don't get is why everybody thinks it's so 'teh realzz'. I mean, he has about 5 different car crashes per movie, yet he never gets even slightly injured in either of them. In Ultimatum he doesn't even have the 'oh look we put cuts on him to show he's tough and got hurt like Daniel Craig goes through the Bonds films with cuts all over his face in every scene' to atleast emphasise that's he not made of admantium(or whatever that stuff Wolverine is made out of).

The fight scenes were so so, can't really see them or what's going on.

Oh man. You should have seen right after Ultimatum was released. In that thread, xwolverine2 mentioned Weapon X, and TheVileOne ripped him to shreds about it.

I was here and i did see it all, I dont know how anyone could deny it personally.

That Bourne can drive a car in reverse off of a parking garage, and get out of that divider/bridge car crash without showing half the hurt he had after the tunnel crash in Supremacy.

:o

I know, in Supremecy they made a point of showing us Jason was hurt from these acts, they sorta forgot about it in Ultimatum.

Well, there was a subtle evolution from "revenge-oriented" to "hero". But I'd tend to agree, there wasn't much in the way of character evolution.

Although that scene where Bourne is all "I'm in your office" was classic.

That scene was good, but as we have both pointed out, the story didnt take the character anywere new, which was very dissapointing.

Don't you like the Pirate movies? :huh:

Voted for BI, even though I almost equally loved BU. One can't help but squeal with excitement when the camera man follows Bourne crashing through a window :up:

I think Erz means the Pirate movies with Johnny Depp.

The 2nd was awesome. I couldnt get in to the 3rd.

The Bourne Identity.
The action scenes weren't ridiculously shot, and the initial mystery of Bourne's memory-loss combined with the Marie/Bourne love story really helped pull me in.

Supremacy was pretty good as well, but the way the action was handled bothered me.

Ultimatum was good, but I never really felt interested in it. Basically, the question in Ultimatum is "Who WAS Bourne?" which is not as interesting as "Who IS Bourne" was in the first film, nor as interesting as the revenge/getting-to-know-why story of Supremacy.
Exactly.

Identity EASILY for me.

Identity had the heart pumping action, chase scenes and fight action. The wide eyed discovery that he's some kind of assassin coupled with the slowly unraveling conspiracy make this one the most tense by far. The romance was an excellent slow burn, and Bourne's acceptance and reluctant opening is well played out.

In the last two, he simply becomes this emotionally barren superhuman man on a revenge trail. The action wasn't quite as fun as Identity, despite being more visceral.
The second just felt like a poor filling in a sandwich, whilst the last was just empty for me.

The first had some great locations, but the second and third seemed to simply regurgitate glass building after glass building. The only parts that really stuck in my mind during the third one were the scenes directly ripped from the first (the hair dyeing scene and the body floating in the water).

BI for me all the way.

Don't you like the Pirate movies? :huh:

I think Erz means the Pirate movies with Johnny Depp.

If thats what he means then yes i like them, but the first one is EASILY the best, and they arent as good as the Bourne movies in any way.

Identity EASILY for me.

Identity had the heart pumping action, chase scenes and fight action. The wide eyed discovery that he's some kind of assassin coupled with the slowly unraveling conspiracy make this one the most tense by far. The romance was an excellent slow burn, and Bourne's acceptance and reluctant opening is well played out.

In the last two, he simply becomes this emotionally barren superhuman man on a revenge trail. The action wasn't quite as fun as Identity, despite being more visceral.
The second just felt like a poor filling in a sandwich, whilst the last was just empty for me.

The first had some great locations, but the second and third seemed to simply regurgitate glass building after glass building. The only parts that really stuck in my mind during the third one were the scenes directly ripped from the first (the hair dyeing scene and the body floating in the water).

BI for me all the way.

Agreed, i do like all 3 movies, but the story, characters and development were all handled better in Identity. The action scene's improved in parts in the next 2 movies, but as a whole, Identity is definately still the best movie for me.

My point was your complaint that the characters didn't go anywhere in Bourne but if you thought that and enjoyed Pirates where there was like zero character development. :huh:

My point was your complaint that the characters didn't go anywhere in Bourne but if you thought that and enjoyed Pirates where there was like zero character development. :huh:

I never said the characters in POTC developed either!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"