Mission Impossible II

Mission: Impossible surpassed this movie in every way, except for the fight sequence.

Kidding.

I'm sorry, but how can Mission Impossible 2 be the worst movie you're ever watched, I SEE SPIDEY?

I hated it when I saw it at the theater, but a couple of years later I rented it and i've enjoyed it thoroughly ever since. It marks the end of an era for me.

It's the end of John Woo making entertaining/action-packed movies and it marks the end of cool action movies made in the 90s. I'm not even going out on a limb when i say action movies suck balls today!

LONG LIVE THE 90s!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having grown up with the TV series, I always knew that John Woo was the wrong man for the franchise, but he let me down even more,because he made a genuinly bad movie here too!......

Prognosticator said:
I hated it when I saw it at the theater, but a couple of years later I rented it and i've enjoyed it thoroughly ever since. It marks the end of an era for me.

It's the end of John Woo making entertaining/action-packed movies and it marks the end of cool action movies made in the 90s. I'm not even going out on a limb when i say action movies suck balls today!

LONG LIVE THE 90s!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, MI2 was released in 2000.

Kevin Roegele said:
LOL, MI2 was released in 2000.

Released in May, 2000....So when was it made? Yeah, 1999.

Therefore by it marked the end of action movies made in the 90s.

I liked it. I thought Ron Moore's Bellerephon and Chimera story had a nice mythical quality (to this day he doesn't know what to do with a Pegasus, HAHAHAHA....HA...ha....sorry). Anthony Hopkins owned, everything he says is quotable. Robert Towne (Bonnie and Clyde, Chinatown, Tequila Sunrise, 8 Million Ways to Die) wrote a pretty cool script, it was very much of its time, I mean the bad guys want stock options for gods sake.

Zimmer score awesome, motorcycle bit is brilliant, Ethan must have been really fast to change the tires three times during that sequence. The movie needed blood. It's a John Woo movie; bullets go in (or through), blood comes out. It's that simple. A little bit of blood and gore makes up for a lot of let's see Tom Cruise do that kick in slow motion from another angle, and another.

i will say that the end Bike chase and the fight was awesome

Prognosticator said:

It was made in 1999 and 2000.

Prognosticator said:

That's not how you date movies. :rolleyes:

Movies released in January 2006 will NOT be eligible for consideration for 2005 Academy Awards. Doesn't matter when the movie was made. If that not being the case, why not go all the way from the date of conceptualisation?

Octoberist said:
I'm sorry, but how can Mission Impossible 2 be the worst movie you're ever watched, I SEE SPIDEY?

OWNED

Zimmer's score really saved the movie, it was very dramatic in the end.

Honestly I don't see why the hatred for MI:2 I mean it wasn't really mindless like a lot of you say,it just had a simple plot,the action was its strongest element,there are some directors that suck at slo-mo fight scenes,but Woo isn't one of them I think he shot the action brilliantly and cut it in a way that you enjoyed every bit of action,I mean I like a good plot,but seriously I almost hate the first one,I though it was boring,you ahve to remember that a movie specially one of this kind most have an intelligent plot but also be entertaining,and that's where I think the first one fell hard on its ash.That's just my opinion of course,and thsi comes fro msoemone who liked V for vendetta and batman begins which weren't mindless action flicks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"