Mom Makes Son Wear "Smoked Pot" Sign

This will do a great job teaching the kid to not get caught next time. Plus, it will tarnish his reputation and make him look like an idiot mama's boy in front of his peers, nearly guaranteeing a high school experience filled with bullying. That's one hell of a punishment!

Good parenting, ma.

A good punishment happens in a controlled environment where the parent can guide the outcome. This lady just put this kids punishment in the hands or unruly and unpredictable teenagers.

She has no idea how they will respond to her son moment to moment. Expecting most of them to punish her son or do it in a healthy way is naive at best.

"good parenting", lol. All she's doing is airing her dirty laundry to immature people who don't care about her son's well being.

I've done it and know what it's like. I didn't get addicted or feel the desire to smoke the next day. I'd only take hits if someone was offering at a party. One time I was drunk and a friend said we should go buy cocaine. This sounded like a great idea because I was inebriated. We wound up getting robbed that night , lol. So I've been fortunate enough not to get caught up with harder drugs.

Anyway I've seen people smoke weed , become addicted, and let it ruin their lives. I don't think anyone will ever drop dead from it but they could easily smoke themselves into a ******. It could just be a matter of different strokes for different folks . I'd just never recommend it to anyone. I'm not going to deny adverse effects. Although there is plenty that people do that is harmful to the system on a daily basis. In some ways cigarettes seem much worse.

How do you know these people were addicted instead of simply doing what they wanted to do? Did they rob homes or prostitute themselves just for another hit?

and why do you say their lives were ruined? We're they living on the street or have mounting health problems like many alcoholics?

Sometimes "their life was ruined" is code for "they stopped hanging out in my circle of friends".

I'm sure several out there think my life is ruined. Ironically after I started smoking and being around girls lets say my comic budget dried up. So I basically stopped reading them (although I download most major issues and follow news still). The comic crowd I used to hang with, they all defriended me basically over petty things. It's funny sometimes I think nerds ostracize themselves.

Last edited:
How do you know these people were addicted instead of simply doing what they wanted to do? Did they rob homes or prostitute themselves just for another hit?

and why do you say their lives were ruined? We're they living on the street or have mounting health problems like many alcoholics?

Smoking weed every day constitute an addiction in my opinion.

Sometimes "their life was ruined" is code for "they stopped hanging out in my circle of friends".

It's more code for "started selling drugs to kids so I don't hang out with them"

Is every comparison a false equivalency?

What's wrong with pointing out weed is less dangerous or destructive than many extreme sports, risky sex, fatty foods, alcohol, cigarettes, and other legal vices?

Can you only compare weed to weed??? :huh:

Weed is less dangerous than eating. More people die a year from food related illness and choking than they do from weed.

You should stop eating. It is way too risky.

Last edited:
In fairness, the driving example was extreme, but it served an illustrative purpose that absolutely flew over his head.

Stop eating, way too risky. Just toke instead because it's safer.

Smoking weed every day constitute an addiction in my opinion.

I think an addiction is when you want or need to stop doing something but can't without a great deal of intervention or withdrawal.

It's more code for "started selling drugs to kids so I don't hang out with them"

Well that's different. You can't really blame that on the cannabis.

Weed is less dangerous than eating. More people die a year from food related illness and choking than they do from weed.

I'm not the one who wants to make relatively harmless things illegal.

I believe eating (for nutrition or enjoyment) as well as using cannabis should both be perfectly legal.

We aren't talking about legality, we are talking about idiotic comparisons to prop up and skew an argument.

Better stop eating, smoke weed instead because it's safer statistically. Go get intravenously fed.

We aren't talking about legality, we are talking about idiotic comparisons to prop up and skew an argument.

Better stop eating, smoke weed instead because it's safer statistically. Go get intravenously fed.

Why would I stop doing anything because it's slightly more dangerous?

I'm against pointless prohibition, remember???

Last edited:

Stop eating, way too risky. Just toke instead because it's safer.
And he still doesn't understand that he's illustrating my original point.

You should be studied. You're like a monument to obliviousness. :lmao:

I think an addiction is when you want or need to stop doing something but can't without a great deal of intervention or withdrawal.

According to dictionary.com:

ad·dic·tion   /əˈdɪkʃən/ Show Spelled[uh-dik-shuhn] Show IPA
noun
the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma.

According to dictionary.com:

ad·dic·tion   /əˈdɪkʃən/ Show Spelled[uh-dik-shuhn] Show IPA
noun
the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma.
That's basically what MD123 said.

That's when an addiction is recognized. Old habits die hard.

Well that's different. You can't really blame that on the cannabis.

Well smoking is a choice but I think it impairs people's judgement.

I think alcohol is much worse when it comes to impairing judgment.

but neither weed or alcohol would force you to sell drugs to minors. That's something you have to be capable of before the weed or alcohol enters the equation.

but neither weed or alcohol would force you to sell drugs to minors. That's something you have to be capable of before the weed or alcohol enters the equation.

I dont think anyone would argue with you there.
But I will say that once people are under the influence, we often see a side of them that people never knew that they had. Generally speaking NOBODY is forced to sell drugs to minors.

So again, it is a risk to even bother with any of the stuff in my opinion.
And, sounding like a broken record now.... its all about choices.

Last edited:

Well I'm not saying it will force you to do any of those things. You could be more apt to contributing to minors if those substances become part of your life. I'd say a person who drinks everyday is more likely to drive drunk than a weekend warrior. Of course that might not be true in all cases but I'd consider it a factor.

On the subject of alcohol. It's much more dangerous.

I dont think anyone would argue with you there.
But I will say that once people are under the influence, we often see a side of them that people never knew that they had. Generally speaking NOBODY is forced to sell drugs to minors.

So again, it is a risk to even bother with any of the stuff in my opinion.
And, sounding like a broken record now.... its all about choices.
Frequently dealers of hard drugs don't do the drugs they deal, some just drink.

Yeah I don't hang around minors let alone sell drugs to them.

(To general thread) Usually people who deal marijuana don't have enough money to smoke weed, or don't have a lot of money period. See weed sells for about sixty a eight of an ounce, and generally someone can buy an ounce and sell off 7/8 and will smoke for free.

So if you can piss 60 away a month you're golden. You'll probably never deal.

Like it was said, selling to minors is unethical. Someone would have to be capable of that independent of the drugs.

Last edited:
This is true as well, although I would hesitate to speculate on how frequently.
A true crack dealer could almost never make money if they did crack. I bet most coke dealers have at least done coke, although the few I've known swore up and down they weren't. The [now disbarred] lawyer who helped them worked for the DA and he was a major coke head.

Weed, of course, wasn't included in 'hard drugs'.

The times I've few tried shrooms and e I'd say the dealers did it.

And he still doesn't understand that he's illustrating my original point.

You should be studied. You're like a monument to obliviousness. :lmao:

Did you eat today? Living on the edge!

Have any more stupid comparisons? I love them. Space travel is more dangerous than weed. Maybe they should just look up at the stars high. It's more safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"