Sequels Moments in the MCU you DON’T want to see

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
I could quite happily live without the dark Phoenix saga. At least for a while. There’s so much you can do with jean other than that

No to dark Phoenix, yes to jean in control of her Phoenix power

No more wolverine leading, make cyclops and storm big leaders

No to wolverines weapon x past being a key element of the plot unless it moves the story forward

No more of the same movie formula (disable the professor halfway through, have the xmen work on their own — put him on the damn hover chair already and let him be on a mission )

No more villains rewritten as heroesexcept for rogue (that's you, quicksilver and mystique!)

No more a listers used as silent support roles / cameos

Last edited:
No to dark Phoenix, yes to jean in control of her Phoenix power

No more wolverine leading, make cyclops and storm big leaders

No to wolverines weapon x past being a key element of the plot unless it moves the story forward

No more of the same movie formula (disable the professor halfway through, have the xmen work on their own — put him on the damn hover chair already and let him be on a mission )

No more villains rewritten as heroes (quicksilver and mystique) except for rogue

No more a listers used as dialogue-less support / cameos
Agree with all of this

Except I do want to see Dark Phoenix but way down the line

no to storm being unusually violent. Knocking out adversaries I get, but the violence in X3 was a big departure for her power displays, specifically when she grilled callisto on the fence.

no to quicksilver requiring a slow-mo power display for every movie.

no to Iceman + Rogue OR Iceman + Kitty, give us Rogue + Gambit.

no to Wolverine getting away with violence like in Days of Future Past, despite Xavier's command. In the comics, it's usually the opposite or there are consequences/arguments.

no to jennifer lawrence as katniss everdeen instead of as mystique and no to the unusual foursome they had with beast, magneto, xavier. pick one!!! also, beast's human love interest would be highly appreciated.

no to tactless loose ends, like magneto having an unusually long arc about losing a new family we didn't know he had and then have Pietro go out of his way to tell him they're father and son but have it all culminate in absolutely nothing.

no to x-men movies that feel like a fantasy world where the x-men don't interact in any way with the human world. Apocalypse needed more human-mutant interactions. Where's everyone they're saving from the apocalypse? We also need to see more of the riots and mutant haters (got very little of that), and more scenes like Jean Grey at the white house (X1) and Bolivar Trask at the white house (Days of Future Past)

Last edited:
Agree with all of this

Except I do want to see Dark Phoenix but way down the line
If they wait around 20 years from the first film to do it I might be ok with it. Otherwise I'd rather just keep Jean than have this story for the 3rd time.

no to storm being unusually violent. Knocking out adversaries I get, but the violence in X3 was a big departure for her power displays, specifically when she grilled callisto on the fence.

no to quicksilver requiring a slow-mo power display for every movie.

no to Iceman + Rogue OR Iceman + Kitty, give us Rogue + Gambit.

no to Wolverine getting away with violence like in Days of Future Past, despite Xavier's command. In the comics, it's usually the opposite or there are consequences/arguments.

no to jennifer lawrence as katniss everdeen instead of as mystique and no to the unusual foursome they had with beast, magneto, xavier. pick one!!! also, beast's human love interest would be highly appreciated.

no to tactless loose ends, like magneto having an unusually long arc about losing a new family we didn't know he had and then have Pietro go out of his way to tell him they're father and son but have it all culminate in absolutely nothing.

no to x-men movies that feel like a fantasy world where the x-men don't interact in any way with the human world. Apocalypse needed more human-mutant interactions. Where's everyone they're saving from the apocalypse? We also need to see more of the riots and mutant haters (got very little of that), and more scenes like Jean Grey at the white house (X1) and Bolivar Trask at the white house (Days of Future Past)
Holy crap, you're on fire lately. Agree with every single word!

Storm with short hair. Keep the goddess with long flowing white hair!!

No Cyclops unblocking a drain

No Jean Grey doing the laundry

No Wolverine mowing the lawn

Don't want to see another movie focused on Wolverine/Xavier/Magneto. Let the other heroes shine! I prefer if Wolvering won't appear until the sequel.
And no more Wolverine/Jean/Cyclops love triangles.

I would not like to see Rogue's belt without it going unexplained. And before you all pass judgment, I have simply not come across the explanation to her utility belt in the comics. I don't see what use she might have to it, other than maybe whipping out some lip balm.

Don't want to see another movie focused on Wolverine/Xavier/Magneto. Let the other heroes shine! I prefer if Wolvering won't appear until the sequel.
And no more Wolverine/Jean/Cyclops love triangles.

Add no Dark Phoenix or any Phoenix stuff. The first attempt, X3, about the schizo super-mutant was really bad.

No Avengers vs X-Men (already did it with Captain America: Civil War, and that movie sucked).

No weird prophet Apocalypse like in X-Men: Apocalypse. That movie sucked as well.

In fact, no Jean Grey would be good too as she is too powerful, and overused.

:( Magneto in the mcu would be so lit though.

And I love jean. If Thor can be part of the mcu there’s no reason to not include her because she’s too powerful. I agree about no dark Phoenix though. I’m sick of death

it would be perfect if Magneto entered in the MCU in Xmen 3 and not sooner. but Im not sure Marvel/Feige will do that. in any case, Xmen 2, but give X-Men 1 to another iconic villain or plot without Magneto.

I found this one today and snickered a bit. I love Anna Paquin but Rogue should not be screaming out her significant other's name in despair like an animé character (think Inuyasha, Bleach, etc.) She should've beat up a few of those bastards!

tumblr_nr2y4cwCll1twgs7qo6_1280.gif

I love the Gifted but I don't like way they presented the M mark as a symbol of mutant pride. Bishop and other time travelers have an M on their face not out of pride but because in their future mutants get branded with an M on their faces (usually in concentration camps) and it's stigmatized, if I'm not mistaken.

Before its reappropriation, I think they need to introduce what it originally meant in the X-Men world.

I found this one today and snickered a bit. I love Anna Paquin but Rogue should not be screaming out her significant other's name in despair like an animé character (think Inuyasha, Bleach, etc.) She should've beat up a few of those bastards!

tumblr_nr2y4cwCll1twgs7qo6_1280.gif

Ha, yeah fair point. I really want to see proud trash rogue not twilight leading lady rogue

I love the Gifted but I don't like way they presented the M mark as a symbol of mutant pride. Bishop and other time travelers have an M on their face not out of pride but because in their future mutants get branded with an M on their faces (usually in concentration camps) and it's stigmatized, if I'm not mistaken.

Before its reappropriation, I think they need to introduce what it originally meant in the X-Men world.

i haven't seen Gifted yet, but maybe they turn it into the brand later down the road, trying to steal the sense of pride from them?

^ I would just retcon that in the MCU. I don't think the Gifted will be the same reality, it feels more like it's post-Logan.

it would be perfect if Magneto entered in the MCU in Xmen 3 and not sooner. but Im not sure Marvel/Feige will do that. in any case, Xmen 2, but give X-Men 1 to another iconic villain or plot without Magneto.

Magneto should be working with Charles in the first film, but after seeing the extremity and hate that is coming from humans he realizes that Charles' way is fool hardy and he sets down his own path.

Basically, the first X-Men film should see Eric on his way towards becoming Magneto, but not completely and the very last moments is him deciding to take on the fight his way.

Similar to what they did with Baron Mordo. Eric first, Magneto later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"