I AM DOOM! : The Doctor Doom Moments We Want To See In The MCU

Unfortunately Fox has already ruined the one thing I'd really like to see: Dr. Doom stealing the power of the Silver Surfer.

But one thing I definitely still want to see is Ben being too stubborn and foolish to realize he's completely outmatched by Doom. It's the ultimate battle of pure heart, grit and determination vs. cold, calculated technological power:

2380148-100000megavoltsty3.jpg

Agreed! But Marvel can erase that mess and make it epic this time!

At This point, I'd welcome that more than I'd welcome another FF movie that I don't need.
Doom is the star in my book.

Ooh... I just thought of a must. Doom has to refer to Mr. Fantastic as "Richards", period.

I always like when they do that in the comics.

"Richards, you fool!"

"So, Richards thinks he's figured out my plan... Ha! The fool!"

"Whatever shall you do now, Richards? Your family cannot help you now!"

I pictured Tom Hardy saying all this in an accent. It'd be great!

At This point, I'd welcome that more than I'd welcome another FF movie that I don't need.
Doom is the star in my book.

If they were to use Doom, Surfer and individual F4 members through the MCU in other peope’s films, then I wouldn’t need an actual F4 film too early on. They all have a lot to offer by themselves.

My point is, a lot of compromises and changes have been made over the years to characters in the MCU. And that's fine. However, in Doom's case, I'm not going to accept any compromises here. There's really no excuse why you'd have to massively change the character.

What happened with Hawkeye was basically the fact that they made him Ultimate Hawkeye, and Joss Whedon didn't have time in such a big movie to service that character. But now we are stuck with the bland family guy Renner Hawkeye for the entire MCU.

For Zemo, they made him more realistic in that he was just a family man and military man who's life was ruined and he blames the Avengers for it. Sorry, but that's not Zemo. That character should've have been called Zemo, but whatever.

I just want a comic book accurate Doom, in both look and attitude/ideals...I want Latveria to look almost fairy tale like or perceive it as a throwback to Frankenstein in terms of its villages but with a technological upgrade thanks to Doom's genius...global/universal aspirations of conquest...faithful Boris at his side would be a mega bonus...always referring to Reed as RICHARDS which shows his contempt for him etc...sorcery and science the perfect mix to show Stark, Strange, etc that he is not to be messed with....

Also check out this beautiful quote that gets to Doom's core:

My methods are a means to an end, no different than pruning weeds in order to let an orchid flourish. Those who stand in the way of my vision oppose me because they fear me, but more than that they fear what I represent. Change. Do you know what I despise Richards? And T'Challa? Because never one have they reined in their own self-righteous arrogance long enough to try and see what I see. Never once have they asked me: why? Do you want to know? Love. Measure my crimes against what mankind does to itself, and I am a saint. ... I have looked into the future, I have seen how one violent action after another spins the world toward a future where all that remains of Earth is a burned out cinder. Every time I have looked into the future, that is what I have seen. Every time but one. In one possible future mankind becomes united. Cures for all diseases are found. Global conflict ends. Hunger is abolished. Education is universal. And no one goes without. In that world, there are laws. To break even the slightest of these is to suffer immediate and terminal punishment. ... Ten thousand futures have I looked at. A hundred thousand. And in only one does mankind finally unite, and flourish...and survive. Only one. Doomworld.

Some thoughts I've had on Doom's integration into the MCU:

Latveria borders Sokovia.

Doom is another former student of the Ancient One.

Doom is one of the authors of the Sokovia Accords.

Victor has been Doom for a while; like he built his suit around the same time as Tony, if not earlier.

Not as sure about this one; but I thought it might be neat if Doom (or his minions) salvaged some Ultron drones, and rebuilt/re-purposed them as Doombots.

I just want a comic book accurate Doom, in both look and attitude/ideals...I want Latveria to look almost fairy tale like or perceive it as a throwback to Frankenstein in terms of its villages but with a technological upgrade thanks to Doom's genius...global/universal aspirations of conquest...faithful Boris at his side would be a mega bonus...always referring to Reed as RICHARDS which shows his contempt for him etc...sorcery and science the perfect mix to show Stark, Strange, etc that he is not to be messed with....

Also check out this beautiful quote that gets to Doom's core:

My methods are a means to an end, no different than pruning weeds in order to let an orchid flourish. Those who stand in the way of my vision oppose me because they fear me, but more than that they fear what I represent. Change. Do you know what I despise Richards? And T'Challa? Because never one have they reined in their own self-righteous arrogance long enough to try and see what I see. Never once have they asked me: why? Do you want to know? Love. Measure my crimes against what mankind does to itself, and I am a saint. ... I have looked into the future, I have seen how one violent action after another spins the world toward a future where all that remains of Earth is a burned out cinder. Every time I have looked into the future, that is what I have seen. Every time but one. In one possible future mankind becomes united. Cures for all diseases are found. Global conflict ends. Hunger is abolished. Education is universal. And no one goes without. In that world, there are laws. To break even the slightest of these is to suffer immediate and terminal punishment. ... Ten thousand futures have I looked at. A hundred thousand. And in only one does mankind finally unite, and flourish...and survive. Only one. Doomworld.

^^^ All of this! Just put that quote verbatim into a movie with the right actor and it will be golden. Marvel HAS to do Doom right this time. Follow the outlines for what he is and what he means for their universe at large and he will blow away all previous villains they've done.

Also, I've got your Doom and Boris right here:

MV5BNjA0MTU2NDY3MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDU4ODkzMzE@._V1_UX214_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg
MV5BMmEwMTFmZjYtZDliOC00ZmUyLWI4MDEtMGU4NTJmNmNiYTIxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTE3OTAyMTk@._V1_UY317_CR44,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Last edited:
Jake and Corben?

No. I'm sorry but... Just no. Especially Corben.

Doctor Doom is the biggest acquisition Marvel has gotten from FOX, in terms of untapped potential. He can be the big bad that powers the next phase of Marvel easily; and I wouldn't be entirely surprised if Feige decided to give him a solo movie, which would break up the origin movie monotony and give his crazy origin story room to breathe.

They need to do whatever's necessary to bring him to the screen undiluted. He has to be as regal, aesthetically perfect and crazy awesome as he is in the comics or he's simply not worth adapting. But I think Marvel gets that.

I'm not sure if this will be controversial or not, but one change I would like to see to Doom is I'd like to see him talk less.

I want him to show us who he is through his actions. I don't want to see him going into long-winded explanations of what he's doing and why as he does in the comics.

Doom is a narcissistic drama-queen and his tendency to talk about himself and his plans is probably realistic, but I think he will be a more intense and frightening villain if that is trimmed back a bit.

I'm not sure if this will be controversial or not, but one change I would like to see to Doom is I'd like to see him talk less.

I want him to show us who he is through his actions. I don't want to see him going into long-winded explanations of what he's doing and why as he does in the comics.

Doom is a narcissistic drama-queen and his tendency to talk about himself and his plans is probably realistic, but I think he will be a more intense and frightening villain if that is trimmed back a bit.

Bah! Meddlesome mailman! Doom talks as he pleases! :doom:

Apart from the Doom bots, would you like Doom to have any other villains employed as his henchmen? And if so, who?

I want to see some Doombots. Set him up as a master of robotics that leads to him weaponizing his own gauntlets and armor. Maybe the military turns down the application of his inventions and he loses a grant to Reed or something. Then he becomes the dictator of Latveria!

Apart from the Doom bots, would you like Doom to have any other villains employed as his henchmen? And if so, who?

The cyborg version of Lucia von Bardas might work.

Well, obviously you'll need Boris. But I don't think Doom should utilize any outside help, at least not until he starts making overt moves on a global scale.

Who should play Cynthia Von Doom? Meryl Streep? Helen Mirren? Or maybe someone more exotic and European like Sophia Loren?

It's a shame Ingrid Pitt is dead. I think she could've been perfect. Maybe Caroline Munro? It would be good to get an ex Hammer actress.

Who should play Cynthia Von Doom? Meryl Streep? Helen Mirren? Or maybe someone more exotic and European like Sophia Loren?

It's a shame Ingrid Pitt is dead. I think she could've been perfect. Maybe Caroline Munro? It would be good to get an ex Hammer actress.

Olga Kurylenko:

5674-quantum-of-solace-olga-kurylenko-quantum-of-solace.jpg

Olga Kurylenko:

5674-quantum-of-solace-olga-kurylenko-quantum-of-solace.jpg

Well yeah. She could work. Doom would have one heck of a sexy mother though. But that would be just when she's young. What about when older?

And should she wear a face mask and lipstick and call herself Coco like in Superhero Squad? And should she do the vacuuming?

Well yeah. She could work. Doom would have one heck of a sexy mother though. But that would be just when she's young. What about when older?

And should she wear a face mask and lipstick and call herself Coco like in Superhero Squad? And should she do the vacuuming?
I don't think we are going to see Coco Von Doom or his mother being stranded in hell or the underworld or what have you ;)

It's funny to think about though.

CocoandSon.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"