Sequels Monica and Carol can be the cosmic female Lethal Weapon duo.

eon001

Sidekick
Reaction score
My pitch for the sequel is to have it set in the present day with Carol teaming up with a fully grown Monica.

I feel they can continue the buddy dynamic she had with Fury, and transfer it onto Monica.

They bond for the first act, maybe even clash, then Monica get's her powers and they team up to defeat a big bad.

I always think of Monica as more of an AVENGERS character. If the CM sequel is based in the past, chronicling Carol's space adventures post leaving Earth then I think that Monica fits better in an Avengers film. Perhaps upon coming back Carol looks up Maria and Monica and finds Monica working for the NOPD or the Coast Guard and this involves her in a story where she becomes empowered and takes a slot on the team?

I always think of Monica as more of an AVENGERS character. If the CM sequel is based in the past, chronicling Carol's space adventures post leaving Earth then I think that Monica fits better in an Avengers film. Perhaps upon coming back Carol looks up Maria and Monica and finds Monica working for the NOPD or the Coast Guard and this involves her in a story where she becomes empowered and takes a slot on the team?
I like that idea too. There's alot of cosmic story potential with Carol in space a few decades before the Avengers.

I just feel Carol is strongest when bouncing off a costar buddy style. Maybe she can continue it with Talos, or maybe she bumped into Beta Ray Bill at some point.

I like that idea too. There's alot of cosmic story potential with Carol in space a few decades before the Avengers.

I just feel Carol is strongest when bouncing off a costar buddy style. Maybe she can continue it with Talos, or maybe she bumped into Beta Ray Bill at some point.

Well... Maybe she bumped into Phyla-Vell out there in the void and Capt. Marvel and Quasar did some paling around and bonding over Marv-Ell?

I am looking forward to seeing Carol and Monica team up one day, however it happens. And Carol is certainly good with having someone to play off.

I guess I'm alone in not wanting Carol and Monica to become best buddies. I know Monica admired Carol when she was a kid but their ways parted a long time ago. Plus the last thing the MCU needs is another white hero with a black sidekick.

I'd rather Carol team up with a new character in the sequel. Someone like Phyla (who would be Mar-Vell's daughter, obviously).

I guess I'm alone in not wanting Carol and Monica to become best buddies. I know Monica admired Carol when she was a kid but their ways parted a long time ago. Plus the last thing the MCU needs is another white hero with a black sidekick.

I'd rather Carol team up with a new character in the sequel. Someone like Phyla (who would be Mar-Vell's daughter, obviously).
Yea I did kinda struggle with that, but it's hard to avoid it after they set it up in the first film.

It actually felt like they lifted the Kamala Kahn hero worship and passed it on the young Monica.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"