More news to anger those who care... cat lovers... beware (that rhymed)

knowsbleed

Avenger
Reaction score
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...-arizona-rescuer-alleges-religious-harassment

Cat found buried alive in concrete in Arizona; rescuer alleges religious harassment

By Andrew Mach said:
A live cat was found half-buried in concrete in Arizona, an act that the man who rescued it believes to be a threatening message from a pro-polygamy religious group, according to local reports.

The kitten was found encased in solid concrete inside a metal tube in Colorado City, Ariz., a major center for the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, a breakaway Mormon sect whose members practice polygamy.

In previous incidents, dead cats have been left on ex-FLDS member Isaac Wyler’s property, according to Andrew Chatwin, who discovered the trapped feline while he was building a horse shelter at Wyler’s home.

“It’s been going on for years,” Chatwin, also a former FLDS member, told the video site Right This Minute, “and I’ve recorded up to a dozen dead cats put into his horse corral. I’ve recorded dead animals put into his truck.”

In a video, shot by Chatwin on May 31 and posted to YouTube on July 1, the cat is seen buried up to its head in concrete, crying out in pain. Chatwin said he had to cut through the metal tube and is then seen chipping away bits of concrete around the animal’s body with a hammer.

Mangled and emaciated but still breathing, the freed feline was taken to an animal sanctuary in Kanab, Utah, where it died a few days later.

Both Wyler and Chatwin have spoken publicly against the church and its former controversial leader, Warren Jeffs.
Jeffs was convicted last year of two felony counts for sexually assaulting two underage girls he had married. He is currently serving a life sentence plus 20 years at a prison in Palestine, Texas, but is said to still maintain control of the FLDS-run communities.

Chatwin, who has frequently been at odds with the church since leaving it 13 years ago, said he believes the act was done by FLDS members in an effort to force ex-church members out of town.

If you want to see for yourself, search for "Saddest Cat Rescue 2012" on youtube. I won't post the link here as it is difficult to watch.

Religion at it's finest.

If there is one thing I hate is cruelty to animals. I've never understood the need of a sadistic individual to inflict pain or suffering on a defenseless animal!! The person or people who did this should be get the same treatment or get incarcerated!!! :cmad::cmad::cmad::cmad::cmad::cmad:

I've never understood the need of a sadistic individual to inflict pain or suffering on a defenseless animal
g.gif

Uh....could we not have that .gif here?

I damn near ****ing cried when I read it died. I mean, I felt bad reading about it's entrapment as it was, but when I heard it died...a part of me wept. God damn, animal cruelty is easily one of my weak spots. I always get so worked up over it.

While I don't approve, support, or condone mistreatment of animals in anyway, I must say, I'm never able to feel the tidal waves of angry and vitriol that most people do when animals are harmed or killed.

It makes me feel like I'm a serial killer or something. :o

Utter, despicable cowardice.

About what is to be expected from followers of someone who pretends to be religious as an excuse to rape underage girls.

People who would do such a thing deserve to die. They deserve to be hit by a truck and have their guts spill out onto the sidewalk, and have people walk over them as they gasp their last breath.

You'd have to be crazy or a ****ing ***** to feel sorry for them.

You know, these people would make great neighbors for other cults like Scientology, the Raelians and the Moonies.

While I don't approve, support, or condone mistreatment of animals in anyway, I must say, I'm never able to feel the tidal waves of angry and vitriol that most people do when animals are harmed or killed.

It makes me feel like I'm a serial killer or something. :o

It's because people who aren't drug addicted, psychotic or mentally disturbed feel horror seeing any living creature, four legged or otherwise, suffering needlessly.

Last edited:
I watched the video...

There's not really much else to say that hasn't been said already.

It's just horrible. Even when they got the poor thing out of the pipe, its body was still encased in concrete. :/

And it was a ****ing kitten, man. A little kitten. What the hell? I wonder how the sicko who did this would feel about getting dropped into wet concrete.

This is terrible, it breaks my heart whenever I hear about these kinds of things.

:csad:

This is terrible, it breaks my heart whenever I hear about these kinds of things.

:csad:

When I read people harming cats, um, I feel like whooping ass. My brother-in-law knew a guy cause he or sister told story about a guy who put a cat in a mailbox and then hit mailbox with bat. All kinds of stuff. If I saw anyone doing that, um...I be in trouble. Or... ^_^ Double Trouble! Lol Pokemon, "make it double."

It would be nice to get a hold of those knuckle blaster stun guns from the lolpics thread and deal out justice.

It's because people who aren't drug addicted, psychotic or mentally disturbed feel horror seeing any living creature, four legged or otherwise, suffering needlessly.
Oh, I'd probably be pretty emotional if I ever saw it (I hope not to ever, of course), but just hearing about it is never that emotionally charging.

This *&^%$$ totally pisses me off!My girl has a cat ( i love that *^%$ cat!) if i ever saw someone abusing an animal around me I will( as someone mentioned when that story broke )put their asses in concrete. if someone can do that to an animal. imagine what they could possibly do to a person.Some of the people in this world are jacked the hell up!

So if I'm reading this right these lunatics encased a cat in concrete as part of some pseudo religious ritual from a church lead by a convicted pedo.

I know we have religious freedom but surely that is if the so called 'religion' remains inside the rule of law.

The only problem with capital punishment is it's not practiced often enough.

Theres a cat killer where I live whos killed about 2 dozen cats in the past year and supposed "experts" are saying that they have all been killed by "predators" like racoons and other wild animals. BULL ****. Racoons don't cut cats clean in half and leave them in front of their owners door steps... They don't hang cat heads on fences of playgrounds... When a cat gets killed by a racoon theres usually NOTHING left. Full mutilated cat carcasses are showing up everywhere. We've got another potential Pickton on our hands and law enforcement doesn't give a ****, because who gives a **** about cats, right? Stupid idiots are going to be like "there were no warnings again, what could we have possibly done to prevent these murders?"
... YOUR JOB, MAYBE?
If I catch the guy whos been doing this I'll take the law into my own hands, because I know damn well the police won't. I don't let my cat outside at night any more for obvious reasons. If any thing happens to her, I swear... I love my damn cat.
Animal cruelty aside, that kind of sadism I could EASILY see escalating to humans. It's only a matter of time, especially the guy isn't caught. That's the truly scary part.

If someone left my cat mutilated on my porch, I'd take the hint and get the **** out of dodge. Wouldn't stay to prove a point. Let the lovely po-lice handle the exodus and resulting falling house prices.

I watched the video...

There's not really much else to say that hasn't been said already.

It's just horrible. Even when they got the poor thing out of the pipe, its body was still encased in concrete. :/

And it was a ****ing kitten, man. A little kitten. What the hell? I wonder how the sicko who did this would feel about getting dropped into wet concrete.
That's the part that got me :waa:. I was handling it pretty well up to then since my roommate's kitten would mew the same way just sitting around doing nothing, but then its mewing after it was taken out of the ground and the metal pipe had been sliced open....poor thing must have been so scared. :csad: He might not have known he was being rescued. :csad:

So if I'm reading this right these lunatics encased a cat in concrete as part of some pseudo religious ritual from a church lead by a convicted pedo.

I know we have religious freedom but surely that is if the so called 'religion' remains inside the rule of law.

It isn't a ritual. It's this "churches" way of harrassing ex-members.

I HATE when terrible people use religion as a way to justify their actions and use it as a theater for their hate mongering. I also hate when outsiders see crap like this and equate it to all churches or actual religious people instead of using logic and seeing that these people in question are not who/what they claim to be. Not sure which I hate more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"