A call to prayer from those of you who pray...

JewishHobbit

Avenger
Reaction score
I'm not one to typically put prayer requests on a forum but I heard something yesterday that really got to me.

I know a family who attend an old church of mine that have been having a horrible time. The man (Tim) and his wife married, combining their families (3 kids total) and then had a 4th kid together. That was years ago.

Anyhow, since that time their eldest daughter, who I've never met (Star) came down with cancer. I assume she's beat it, as that was years ago. Then the 3rd daughter (Cierra) got cancer last year and is still fighting it. She's in her early-mid 20's at the moment. Then just this week they found out that their youngest daughter (Megan) who is 16 has early stages of skin cancer.

So of their 4 kids, all under 30, 3 have had cancer, two of them still fighting it. And the odd thing is that cancer doesn't run in their family at all, so this is all very shocking to them. Also, Tim and either Star or Jenny's (the second oldest) daughter was just discovered to have Chrones disease (however you spell that)

I know Tim and his youngest daughter best, though I also know the 2nd and 3rd daughters as well, and this is absolutely tearing them up. So for those of you who pray... keep this family in your prayers.

Sounds like there could be some sort of environmental cause. Where do they live?

Hamilton Ohio, where I live, though Star and Sierra didn't live with their parents when they came down with cancer, though still in the same city.

Also, I likely won't have much in the way of updates. I know them through a church I used to go to but I've since switched churches so I don't have that connection anymore. I also work with Tim in the Hamilton City school system but he's retiring the end of next week so I won't see him there either.

My main method of update is now Facebook with the three youngest daughters and that depends on how open they are about it on there. I know the family but I'm not so close as to just call them up and check things out. Sadly, It's none of my business as I'm an old friend on the outside looking in... but still. Megan having it really bothers me because she was a buddy when she was a little kid and I worked in Children's Church.

:( I'll pray for them in church tonight

They're in my prayers.

That's terrible, i'll pray for them. I hope they all recover.

That's just so sad. I'll pray for them too.

Dude, no family should go through that much heartache, they're in my prayers man.

Oh man, that's a really tough situation. I'll keep them in my thoughts and prayers for sure.

Sounds like there could be some sort of environmental cause. Where do they live?

I'm with Calvin on this one. It definitely sounds like something environmental. I'll be praying for them. It almost sounds like what was going on in that Erin Brockovich movie.

I'm not one to typically put prayer requests on a forum but I heard something yesterday that really got to me.

I know a family who attend an old church of mine that have been having a horrible time. The man (Tim) and his wife married, combining their families (3 kids total) and then had a 4th kid together. That was years ago.

Anyhow, since that time their eldest daughter, who I've never met (Star) came down with cancer. I assume she's beat it, as that was years ago. Then the 3rd daughter (Cierra) got cancer last year and is still fighting it. She's in her early-mid 20's at the moment. Then just this week they found out that their youngest daughter (Megan) who is 16 has early stages of skin cancer.

So of their 4 kids, all under 30, 3 have had cancer, two of them still fighting it. And the odd thing is that cancer doesn't run in their family at all, so this is all very shocking to them. Also, Tim and either Star or Jenny's (the second oldest) daughter was just discovered to have Chrones disease (however you spell that)

I know Tim and his youngest daughter best, though I also know the 2nd and 3rd daughters as well, and this is absolutely tearing them up. So for those of you who pray... keep this family in your prayers.

They shall be in my thoughts and prayers, Jewhob.

That is horrible :csad:

I don't pray myself (agnostic), but I'll tell this story to my dad for you and he'll pray for them :)

I will most definitely request God's healing hand for your friends.

This is very sad. I will pray for them.

I would be looking into an environmental cause of the cancer if I were the parents, like radon or contaminated water. It's so strange that all four kids could become infected with no family history of cancer.

This sounds very similar to something my cousins went through a few years ago. Also all in their 20's. Within an 18 month period three cousins from the same family got cancer. Two male cousins got testicular cancer and my female cousin got ovarian cancer. Amazingly they're all okay today (after chemo and drugs) and the two male cousins have both had children despite each having only one testicle. The female cousin's situation is a bit more dire, but we're hoping with fertility treatments she will be okay.

What's strange is that the male cousins had different and unrelated types of testicular cancer from one another. My brothers and I are okay and so are my other cousins (from different uncles and aunts) so this seems to be a problem within their immediate family only. They moved houses after this all went down. They lived under a power-line, but to be honest we don't know what caused it and my uncle and aunt were so emotionally exhausted by this never-ending ordeal that they haven't pursued legal action or researched the possible causes. Everyone's alive and fully in remission and I guess that's what's important.

All is very sad. :(

My prayers go with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"