More Raimiverse Lizard Concept Art Revealed!

Big Al

Allosaur Hell
Reaction score
I was on Instagram looking at concept artist Constantine Sekeris' page and stumbled upon these gems you guys might like to see.

Raimiverse Lizard 2.PNG

Raimiverse Lizard 1.PNG

Really cool finds! That first one looks great, one of the old pieces we saw was that design, I like how monstrous he looks and the tattered pants. The 2nd one looks like the ASM version with a less human face, an improvement over that version but not as cool as the other concept.

Since there's so much design work out there for the Lizard in SM2 I wonder how far into the process he was considered cause I don't really remember hearing about any versions of the script with him in it, I don't remember any mentions of him in the art book anywhere either. But then again I don't recall seeing the Black Cat concept art in that book either.

Edit: here was an interview with the artist as a refresher, would have been a mostly practical suit and was early in the process when they were thinking about 4 villains. Raimi 'Spider-Man 2' Lizard Designs By Constantine Sekeris « Film Sketchr

Really cool finds! That first one looks great, one of the old pieces we saw was that design, I like how monstrous he looks and the tattered pants. The 2nd one looks like the ASM version with a less human face, an improvement over that version but not as cool as the other concept.

Since there's so much design work out there for the Lizard in SM2 I wonder how far into the process he was considered cause I don't really remember hearing about any versions of the script with him in it, I don't remember any mentions of him in the art book anywhere either. But then again I don't recall seeing the Black Cat concept art in that book either.

Edit: here was an interview with the artist as a refresher, would have been a mostly practical suit and was early in the process when they were thinking about 4 villains. Raimi 'Spider-Man 2' Lizard Designs By Constantine Sekeris « Film Sketchr
Lizard being made with practical effects is something that we missed out on, it's criminal really.

I would've loved to see this version of Lizard. Those designs are very nice.

I always get sad we didn't get a fourth Raimi Spidey film.

These concept designs are really cool, and I wish we saw them.
I agree, the second design is my favorite.

Agreed! I love practical effects. Without them, Yoda wouldn't be cute.
Let's remember what happened to Yoda in the prequels... As much as I despise The Last Jedi, I was at least happy with Yoda being a puppet again.

I would've loved to see this version of Lizard. Those designs are very nice.

I always get sad we didn't get a fourth Raimi Spidey film.
I keep mourning Spider-Man 4 the same way I'd mourn a lost one, hell imagine if we got "Spider-Man 4: The Video Game" and how potentially fun and dynamic that could have been.

I keep mourning Spider-Man 4 the same way I'd mourn a lost one, hell imagine if we got "Spider-Man 4: The Video Game" and how potentially fun and dynamic that could have been.
I wanted one from Treyarch, too bad that was after the rights for making Spidey games was stripped from them.

I really love that first image. Wish we'd seen Lizard like that at some point in the film.

I tried to imagine, but the result is more like Edge of Time in my head instead of being a free roam game.
That would suck, because I picture a Spider-Man 4 video game being like Spider-Man 2, bigger open world and updated graphics and obviously John Malkovich voicing Vulture in game.

That would suck, because I picture a Spider-Man 4 video game being like Spider-Man 2, bigger open world and updated graphics and obviously John Malkovich voicing Vulture in game.
Or Ben Kingsley.

Or Ben Kingsley.
Malkovich would have been more likely since he was cast just days before Spider-Man 4 got cancelled but Kingsley as Vulture (who was also cast and got wings made for him) is also a very solid choice, shame Avi Arad forced Venom in that film because we may have had something equally as great as 2 and we might have already had Spider-Man 6 by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"