Mos: Which song is superman's theme

John-An

Wonder Fingers!
Reaction score
I´ve watched the movie but I can´t find in the bso the superman theme that was showed in the movie when he saves lois 2 times... do you know which is?

"Track 15. Man Of Steel OST - I Have So Many Questions"....at least thats what it sounds like to me, not so much the music while he's doing the saving, but after while she's in his arms.

The actual "Man Of Steel Theme" is track 17. Man Of Steel OST - What Are You Going To Do When You Are Not Saving The World or the "Ideal Of Hope" trailer #3 music.

Last edited:
As a general rule, I consider the music playing over the main title to be the main theme. In this case, that's "What Are You Gonna Do...", and the variation of that theme is playing when he walks out of the fortress and prepares to take flight for the first time as a voice-over from his father describes what he could be to the people of Earth (part 1 of "Flight"). That totally makes it the main "Superman" theme to me. I don't determine a main theme by whatever's played most (if I did, the Zod-centric action music would probably take that title here) - it's not how often it was played that matters, but in what context, imo. Contextually, "What Are You Gonna Do..." announces itself as Superman's theme to me.

I think:

Clark Kent's theme:
#14 - This Is Clark Kent (Plays throughout the movie in several scenes)

Kal-El's theme: #16 - Flight (Plays when he dons the suit and his first attempt to fly)

Superman's theme (also main theme of MoS): #17 - What Are You Going To Do When You Are Not Saving The World? (whew! Starts to play just before the end credits and continues as credits pop in)

Superman begins, friends!

Last edited:
His theme to me, was when he stepped out from behind/underneath the train that was thrown at him and he walks among the troops as they lower their weapons. That sounded like a heroic theme to me and sounded perfect. I'm sure it's one of the tracks listed on this page, but that's the point in the movie where it stood out the most to me.

I think:

Clark Kent's theme:
#14 - This Is Clark Kent (Plays throughout the movie in several scenes)

Kal-El's theme: #16 - Flight (Plays when he dons the suit and his first attempt to fly)

Superman's theme (also main theme of MoS): #17 - What Are You Going To Do When You Are Not Saving The World? (whew! Starts to play just before the end credits and continues as credits pop in)

Superman begins, friends!

reminded me of THIS:
[YT]tE9e_2yHhI8[/YT]
except Kal-El became Clark Kent and Peter Parker became Spider-man

What are you going to do when you're not saving the world.

I would have to say "Flight", and in particular the last minute and a half of it, since it compliments the first flight sequence so incredibly well.

What are you going to do when you're not saving the world.
This is the theme, no question. Flight and This is Clark Kent are nice renditions of it.

The 'Look to the Stars' hopeful notes when Superman walks out of the rubble following Faora's Smallville smackdown work well, too.

What's the Zod-Centric theme called? "Fate of Your Planet" ?

What's the Zod-Centric theme called? "Fate of Your Planet" ?

In Deluxe Edition, there is a track called "General Zod" suite theme in Disc 2 and I think it's the Zod's real theme.

"Arcade" is more like a main action theme, plays when Zod and his crew being sent to the Phantom Zone, when Faora and Nam-Ek shows up in Smallville, and Superman vs General Zod just before the last showdown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"