Transformers Which season of the G1 TF cartoon had the best theme, and opening sequence?

Golgo-13

The Return of the O.G
Reaction score
Which season of the Transformers cartoon (Generation 1) had the best theme song, and best opening sequence? We all know that from season to season the theme song, and opening changed.

I personally like, season 3's theme the best, but because my fondest childhood memories come from season 1, i like the season 1 opener the best. So it's season 1 for the opener, and for the song, it's season 3's theme song.

What yours people?

Season 2 for me. Better rendition of the TF theme, plus the video montage was cooler.

IKnowSomeJudo said:
Season 2 for me. Better rendition of the TF theme, plus the video montage was cooler.

I liked the animation of Season 2 the best however, I thought season 3 had the best music but, worst animation. What I find strange is I have two transformer episodes with the Season 2 animation and season 3 music!!!:huh:

Season 2 has the best opening animation (IMO), and Season 3 has the best music.

i liked the cybertron series theme song the best.....

wrong show xwolverine2, g1 not any of the new bull. I liked season 2 the best myself.

venom4life said:
Season 2 has the best opening animation (IMO), and Season 3 has the best music.

Agreed. There's just something about seeing Omega Supreme transform and walk away like he's some bad-ass fighter from the hood that you don't want to mess with. :)

I really liked the Season 3 theme, too. It had a certain drive.

No one seems to like season 3's opener, huh?

Golgo13:The Hitman said:

I actually like it, especially that part where it changes from wheelies wheel to the barrel of galvatrons arm cannon. Imo, season 3's opener is excellent, just out of the three, I prefer season 2. But again, I like seasons 3 music the best.

Yeah, i love season 3's theme. Very futuristic (for it's time). Seasons 2's theme sounded a little campy to me. It sounded as if the producers were saying 'Ok we can go mainstream with the theme, now that everyones hooked on TFs". Season 1's theme songs sounds more classic to me, as that's the season when i fell in love with Transformers.

Destructicus said:
wrong show xwolverine2, g1 not any of the new bull. I liked season 2 the best myself.
it doesnt change the fact that i like it best...lol

Its not so much people dont like it, but rather prefer others over it :yay:

Season 1...it has the biggest nostalgia factor for me. Season 3's did sound the most futuristic but I'll take 1.

Yeah, i love season 3's theme. Very futuristic (for it's time). Seasons 2's theme sounded a little campy to me. It sounded as if the producers were saying 'Ok we can go mainstream with the theme, now that everyones hooked on TFs". Season 1's theme songs sounds more classic to me, as that's the season when i fell in love with Transformers.

Golgo...I've found the opening I was referring to in TF:TM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPNhcgunCLo

The one without the Star Wars scrolling...that's what I remember from the 1986 movie when I saw it in theaters.

sorry to stray from the topic.

Best scenario: Season 2 visuals w/season 3 theme(This occurred in some s2 repeats and its on the special features disc on s1 boxset).
I hate the S2 music: it sound slike some 70's cheese. The techno theme is my fav, ,slighlty edging out the S1 classic tune. IMO, the S3 theme still sounds cool for todays world, heck i think thats the version hasbro has a clip of on their official. TF site.

The rebirth intro is my 2nd fav b/c of the good animation from those toy commercials.

nosebleed said:
Golgo...I've found the opening I was referring to in TF:TM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPNhcgunCLo

The one without the Star Wars scrolling...that's what I remember from the 1986 movie when I saw it in theaters.

sorry to stray from the topic.
Yeah, that's the one i have on my dvd now. I haven't seen the scroll version one since the movie came out, that's why i'm hoping it'll be on the dvd released in Novemeber.

Season 3 theme with the season 1 intro although season 3's intro is pretty sweet too.

Season 2's opening and song don't do it for me. It's cool to see Dinobots and Constructicons etc. but the lack of the regular bots and cons till the end(megs, optimus etc.) make it a little lackluster for me.

Like most I like the G1 Season 2 opening intro animation the best and my second favorite was the intro to Season 4. But my favorite intro music was that of Seasons 3&4.

I think season's 2 intro music is pretty damn good, I like it better then the first season (which is excellent, of course).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"