Marvel Films Most anticipated 2024 Marvel film

Reaction score
Feb - Madame Web
Jul - Untitled Deadpool film
Aug - Kraven the Hunter
Nov - Untitled Venom film

Mine is the untitled Deadpool film, because of the potential characters that will show up. But this line up sucks. The MCU is getting a bit of a break in the cinemas, but I don't think its gonna matter that much when you have these other Marvel films coming out in the same year. But then I'd rather have these films out sooner than later, I guess. I hope Venom 3 looks better than Kraven / Madame Web, those two so cheap.

Wow…this year’s slate looks to be the weakest in a long time. I guess Deadpool 3(whatever it’s actually called when they finally title it) but I beginning to be a bit fatigued by the multiverse stuff and as someone who isn’t that attached to Fox X-Men Franchise DP looks to be a love letter to those movies, as well as the rest of the Fox comic book movies from the aughts - so much so I can only be cautiously optimistic for that movie.

I realize I fall in minority on what I’m about to say here but I feel like if they wanted to do a Deadpool/Wolverine team-up film then I’d much rather they do one with a new actor in the role of Wolverine and this movie is our official introduction to MCU Wolverine, but I know there’s more money to be made with nostalgia casting. Oh well. I hope that movie turns out half decent.

Reactions: Lip
After all the delays, not a whole lot of choice left. :D :csad:

Wow…this year’s slate looks to be the weakest in a long time. I guess Deadpool 3(whatever it’s actually called when they finally title it) but I beginning to be a bit fatigued by the multiverse stuff and as someone who isn’t that attached to Fox X-Men Franchise DP looks to be a love letter to those movies, as well as the rest of the Fox comic book movies from the aughts - so much so I can only be cautiously optimistic for that movie.

I realize I fall in minority on what I’m about to say here but I feel like if they wanted to do a Deadpool/Wolverine team-up film then I’d much rather they do one with a new actor in the role of Wolverine and this movie is our official introduction to MCU Wolverine, but I know there’s more money to be made with nostalgia casting. Oh well. I hope that movie turns out half decent.
Well, then we're both in the minority.

Maybe the multiverse would be better for Spider-Man only. It is wearing me out too.

In regards to the X-Men potentially in Deadpool, I'm also very cautious. I wonder how much of a "love letter" that can be given the nature of Deadpool's character and the tone of his movies.

I heard rumours the TVA will be picking heroes from each dying universe. In this case, Wolverine. So are we going to see the X-Men dying? Again?

Hmmm...

Anyway, just rumours...

Also, I'm tired of Jackman as Wolverine too. I get the appeal, and that everybody wants to see him wearing the classic costume. I'm worn out. I think Logan was the perfect goodbye and I was ready for the new one.

But here we are...

The Multiverse isn't really that consuming

1. Loki season 1
2. Spider-Man: No Way Home
3. What If? season 1
4. Doctor Strange in the Madness of the Multiverse
5. Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania
6. Loki season 2
7. The Marvels
8. What If? season 2
9. Untitled Deadpool film

What If? is a cartoon that doesn't feel like an essential viewing. Loki only has 12 episodes and only really features Loki and Kang. The Multiverse in Ant-Man and Marvels are in the end of the film. Only Spider-Man and Doctor Strange are the only ones that truly dwelved with this Multiverse storyline. Deadpool will be the 3rd. Hopefully Avengers will be the 4th and 5th.

The problem here is quality control not the Multiverse itself. If you have seen the previous films, its not really confusing.

The Multiverse isn't really that consuming

1. Loki season 1
2. Spider-Man: No Way Home
3. What If? season 1
4. Doctor Strange in the Madness of the Multiverse
5. Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania
6. Loki season 2
7. The Marvels
8. What If? season 2
9. Untitled Deadpool film

What If? is a cartoon that doesn't feel like an essential viewing. Loki only has 12 episodes and only really features Loki and Kang. The Multiverse in Ant-Man and Marvels are in the end of the film. Only Spider-Man and Doctor Strange are the only ones that truly dwelved with this Multiverse storyline. Deadpool will be the 3rd. Hopefully Avengers will be the 4th and 5th.

The problem here is quality control not the Multiverse itself. If you have seen the previous films, its not really confusing.
Yeah, quality is probably the most important factor, but quantity plays its part too. You're presenting nine different entries as if it's not more than enough to chew on as a concept. Even outside the MCU it's something we've been bombarded lately, between the Spider-Verse films, The Flash or even Everything, Everywhere, all at Once (a title which perfectly describes how much we're seeing). Even if the movies were better, the appeal to this concept would have been lost after a while anyway.

Yeah, quality is probably the most important factor, but quantity plays its part too. You're presenting nine different entries as if it's not more than enough to chew on as a concept. Even outside the MCU it's something we've been bombarded lately, between the Spider-Verse films, The Flash or even Everything, Everywhere, all at Once (a title which perfectly describes how much we're seeing). Even if the movies were better, the appeal to this concept would have been lost after a while anyway.
Sony has no control over SpiderVerse, the Flash and the other multiverse film.

And yes, I listed nine but thats only like 1/3 of the mcu projects that have something to do with the Multiverse

Other mcu contents that have no obvious Multiverse connection:
1. Black Widow
2. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
3. WandaVision
4. Eternals
5. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
6. Hawkeye
7. Moon Knight
8. Thor: Love and Thunder
9. Ms. Marvel
10. She-Hulk: Attorney-at-Law
11. I Am Groot season 1
12. Werewolf by Night
13. I Am Groot season 2
14. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
15. Guardians of the GalaXy: X-Mas Special
16. Guardians of the GalaXy Volume 3
17. Secret Invasion
18. Echo

The point is with so many things/being teased in the Mcu since 2021 - the Multiverse is the least of its problems. Deadpool would be successful and the Multiverse story of it, would be a big selling factor, which we can't say to Brave New World and Thunderbolts right now.

Last edited:
Who cares who has control over it and how many more things outside multiverse we're getting? There's only so much you can do with this already tiring concept and there's an apparent audience fatigue in most examples. :shrug:

Who cares who has control over it and how many more things outside multiverse we're getting? There's only so much you can do with this already tiring concept and there's an apparent audience fatigue in most examples. :shrug:
Do you have an article that people are tired of Multiverse?

Spider-Verse 2 did well this year. The indie film by A24, which I haven't seen wasn't a blockbuster big studio film. The Flash flopped because Dc films aren't generally doing well at the boX office lately.

Do you have an article that people are tired of Multiverse?

Spider-Verse 2 did well this year. The indie film by A24, which I haven't seen wasn't a blockbuster big studio film. The Flash flopped because Dc films aren't generally doing well at the boX office lately.
The Flash was not just any DC movie. It was presented as an event film, featuring two Batmen, one of which was the return of a much beloved version. It had Supergirl, Wonder Woman, Zod. And it made significantly less than a random Black Adam film, which already have flopped.

Multiverse of Madness made a lot of money but it would have definitely made more at a different time since it was also marketed as a big event film, coming after the third biggest film in MCU history. Also it's a common complaint that it disappointed people in the multiverse aspect in specific.

Quantumania lost lots of money, Loki lost much of its viewership.

I didn't say that audience is completely over it, but they definitely don't seem as interested as before. It's in most places you can read online. And both quality and quantity played a part in this.

The Flash was not just any DC movie. It was presented as an event film, featuring two Batmen, one of which was the return of a much beloved version. It had Supergirl, Wonder Woman, Zod. And it made significantly less than a random Black Adam film, which already have flopped.

Multiverse of Madness made a lot of money but it would have definitely made more at a different time since it was also marketed as a big event film, coming after the third biggest film in MCU history. Also it's a common complaint that it disappointed people in the multiverse aspect in specific.

Quantumania lost lots of money, Loki lost much of its viewership.

I didn't say that audience is completely over it, but they definitely don't seem as interested as before. It's in most places you can read online. And both quality and quantity played a part in this.
The Flash would have done worse at the boX office without Batman. The A24 movie won the Best Pictures at the Oscars.

Having the multiverse characters, played a huge role in terms of marketing Spider-Man No Way Home and Dr. Strange in the Madness of the Multiverse. Deadpool too neXt year. Personally speaking, those multiverse characters were/are the reason why I was/am eXcited for those films.

Again, I'm not seeing the multiverse thing as a negative thing. Just because its more relevant than ever in the movies, doesn't mean it's the main reason some of these movies are failing.

And like I pointed out earlier, Quantumania only had the multiverse scene in the end which was for 1 scene. While Loki the series is done at this point, so you won't see a third season if it concerns you that much.

I was done watching Loki after season 1 and I have only seen a few clips from Quantumania so I've stopped caring some time ago, not just for the multiverse but the MCU as a whole. I never said it is the main reason their films are currently flopping, I'm just not ignoring that is part of the reason. I guess we'll see in Deadpool 3 and Secret Wars.

Deadpool 3 for sure, can't wait for that.
I also love the Venom movies though so looking forward to the 3rd movie.

The good news is if Madame Web, Kraven the Hunter and Venom 3 all flop neXt year, that could mean the end of Sony's Spider-Man Universe.

We still have Spider-Verse 3 and Spider-Man 4 in 2025 or 2026. But there should be fewer of these films in the long run especially from Sony.

Yeah, if the DCEU and now even the MCU are flopping hard I don't how see this universe of Spider-Man characters can continue in any way or form. I doubt even Venom will do that good this time around and I'm sure the other two will bomb big time, even with a relatively small budget.

I think Venom 3 would still do well, maybe not $200 million well in North America. I'd like to see it perform like The Marvels so there won't be a Venom 4. I just don't think there are lot of things to root for SSU unlike the MCU (which still has the F4, Avengers and X-Men). I have never liked the Venom movies. And these Ssu movies are doing more cause to the Marvel movie brand than help it. Sony should just release a new Spider-Man movie with Marvel Studios every 4 years...

Spider-Verse movies are just okay for me. Ten years from now. I don't think that franchise would still be around especially after a 4th / 5th movie.

The second Venom did just as good as the first one in the US, even better if we consider that it was a post pandemic movie with much competition in the month of its release, but in the rest of the world it dropped 50% compared to the 2018 movie. And that was at a time where superhero films were still thriving. It certainly has much more chances than the other two Sony films to do well, but I still think it's going to lose even more audience in the third entry.

EXcept for Peter Parker, Sony's Marvel catalog is just simply limited. Venom 4, Spider-Verse 4/5... eventually they are going to run out of options and hit the reset button. If they come up with something else, I fear it's going to be as bad as Venom films and Morbius.

Iirc Amy Pascal said that a live action movie of Miles Morales is in development. Even with Marvel Studios' recent track record, I would only want a Miles Morales live action movie if Marvel Studios is involved.

EXcept for Peter Parker, Sony's Marvel catalog is just simply limited. Venom 4, Spider-Verse 4/5... eventually they are going to run out of options and hit the reset button. If they come up with something else, I fear it's going to be as bad as Venom films and Morbius.

Iirc Amy Pascal said that a live action movie of Miles Morales is in development. Even with Marvel Studios' recent track record, I would only want a Miles Morales live action movie if Marvel Studios is involved.
There's also a Spider-Man noir live action Amazon series in development. Now that is something that I would watch.

I think the only MCU movie I may be looking forward to next year is Deadpool 3. I love Ryan Reynolds in that role and I love even more that we're getting closer to the MCU X-Men!

As for the Multiverse saga, one thing I took from psylockolussus' post from above is that Marvel/Disney wanted lightning to strike twice. That each of those was going to print money simply because it was more MCU content. Most of those I didn't even see in the theater, and some of the shows, I wasn't in a hurry to watch.

I feel like they might have used too many of their big names for the Infinity Saga, and they're feeling the effects of that now. And you can only tease the X-Men and Fantastic Four for so long.

Sorry if I got off-topic.

Last edited:
I think the only MCU movie I may be looking forward to next year is Deadpool 3. I love Ryan Reynolds in that role and I love even more that we're getting closer to the MCU X-Men!

As for the Multiverse saga, one thing I took from psylockolussus' post from above is that Marvel/Disney wanted lightning to strike twice. That each of those was going to print money simply because it was more MCU content. Most of those I didn't even see in the theater, and some of the shows, I wasn't in a hurry to watch.

I feel like they might have used too many of their big names for the Infinity Saga, and they're feeling the effects of that now. And you can only these the X-Men and Fantastic Four for so long.

Sorry if I got off-topic.
They are definitely going to want to strike the lighting Twice, ala Endgame. Not sure if they can land there, especially with a movie finally flopping at the boX office. And from the looks of it, they are still moving forward with that Wonder Man show.... as if calling the Disney+ shows, "Marvel Spotlight" won't cause Marvel fatigue.

Deadpool 3 by a wide margin because the competition isn't much to get excited about. I'll see Venom 3 because Tom Hardy is fun to watch in those but Madame Web and Kraven are probably both "watch at home while you're drunk or high" movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"