Most overrated/underrated superpower

PyroChamber

Not lactose, it's milk!
Reaction score
What powers in comic books do you think are the most overrated and the most underrated?

Super Strength/ Invisible Force Fields

healing factors are overrated

telekinisis.IF you used it right it could be very primitive telepathy,stimulate the right part of the brain with a tiny wave and your oppenant breaks down into tears.It also allows for flight and super strength.

Healing factors are extremely overrated, especially Wolverine's and Lobo's (and yes, I know Lobo's a joke, it still doesn't make me feel better about it. He exists within the mainstream DCU, so you can't have ridiculous parody of that nature.)

Superstrength is completely underrated. It's just taken for granted. Everyone always wants crazy new, never-heard-of-it-yet, unprecedentedly psycho-crazy powers, but superstrength'll get most jobs done pretty ****in' quick. You know, your average super-duty, you can do it pretty easy on superstrength.

bone/adamantium claws are overrated.

so is beserker rage.

so is being a short smoking canadian that says "bub" alot.

Kaboom said:
bone/adamantium claws are overrated.

so is beserker rage.

so is being a short smoking canadian that says "bub" alot.
And here it is, the most underrated power of all. Hatin'!

Super Strength is definatly the most overrated and speed is the most underrated. Nobody gives speed any respect unless it is extreme. Even low level super speed is very useful.

Technopathy is a very underrated power. It's massively useful in a technologically-driven society, but superheroes only get that power once in a blue moon.

Telepathy is overrated: Reading most people's surface thoughts would be indecipherable to outsiders and wouldn't provide much helpful information. Granted, most comic book characters seem to think in well-organized paragraphs, but that's another topic.

There aren't enough SEXUAL superpowers.

Cypher's superpowers is underrated. For those who don't know, he knows how to speak every language ever without having to learn it. That's in simple terms.:)

Overrated would be super strength, super speed, flight, and telepathy. Though I do like all of them, they are overrated.

I also agree there aren't enough sexual super powers.:)

speed is underrated

come on Ult. Quicksilver liquified a lady people

I agree that Cypher's powers were underrated. Ironically, however, the storytelling problem the New Mutants faced back in the 1980s, though, was making every adventure require his linguistic powers after he joined. Cypher could have been a much cooler reserve member who went on missions only when his powers were likely to be needed.

I'm tempted to say that magic is both overrated and underrated in comics because too often its unclear exactly what the magician can do. As a result, various magic-weilders become reality-shaping powerhouses in some issues while struggling to keep up with their teammates at other times.

Heroes and villains who sport a various psionic abilities suffer from the same syndrome. ("Does the the Amazing Mental Master have postcognition and mental healing and psi-bolts and mind control this issue? Or does he have levitation, mental force fields, clairavoyance, and psionic illusions instead?")

JLBats said:
There aren't enough SEXUAL superpowers.
Where my pheromone superheroes at?

Healing is overrated thanks to Wolverine, I think the power of multiplying yourself is underrated.

I'd go with Superstrength. Everyone and there mom seem to have that power anymore. With that comes a lot of ppl thinking only a person with more superstrength can beat someone with superstrength, or that enough strength can trump any other power like in Hulk's case.

Agreed on speed being underrated.

daredevil's powers are completely underrated, he has amazing powers yet hes always considered a B-level concerning his powers

Super Speed is under rated. Being able to do something two, three or 20 times where someone else can only do it once should make one, all other things being equal, pretty hard to beat.

I'll also say the power of the mind (and I don't mean psionics, I mean creativity and intellect). I'm reminded of this every time I've seen Deathstroke the Terminator enter into combat against a superior foe. If he wasn't so mean, it'd be funny. Maybe HE could've beaten Doomsday LOL!!!

Majik1387 said:
Cypher's superpowers is underrated. For those who don't know, he knows how to speak every language ever without having to learn it. That's in simple terms.:)

Isn't he dead?:huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"