• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Most Underrated CBM Perfromances?

Project862006

Avenger
Reaction score
what do you feel is a performance that doesn't get the credit it deserves in a comic book movie??

For me it was Doctor Manhattan by billy Crudup it was such a great performance but it doesn't get enough credit JEH's Rroschach gets the most praise which was a far more showy role

for me personally i feel Manhattan is one of if not the hardest characters to bring to life you are essentially trying to make a man who is emotionally detached from humanity but also give his charisma and presence, a lesser actor would of made Manhattan boring and monotone one note

Crudup was perfect and Manhattan is one of the most interesting cbm characters imo:yay:
59ttgh.jpg

_dr-jon-osterman-janey-slater-watchmen-20191551-2560-1714-1350583359.jpg

tumblr_m26z5dJIX41qgy9i3o1_500.gif

tumblr_mdt88lFgKZ1qa6z6mo1_500.gif

tumblr_lmi2hi8Dfl1qk7bg5o1_500.gif

Last edited:
Wesley Snipes as Blade. His performances should be praised to this day. Instead people refuse to give the movies or him any praised. Himself mostly revamped a pretty uninteresting character and Snipes with his look and acting turned him into one of the most hardcore characters I've seen in a comic book movie.

Wesley Snipes as Blade. His performances should be praised to this day. Instead people refuse to give the movies or him any praised. Himself mostly revamped a pretty uninteresting character and Snipes with his look and acting turned him into one of the most hardcore characters I've seen in a comic book movie.

You know what...I really completely agree with this. I don't know if I would of called the character uninteresting before but Snipes made Blade into this really awesome and great character that renewed my interest in the comic book version. It doesn't seem like we will get a fourth outing of him as Blade and that is a true shame.

And would Ron Perlman as Hellboy count as underrated? I feel like it wouldn't be but I kinda want to say it anyways....

Ben Affleck was great in Daredevil.

It's been years since I last saw Daredevil, but I remember I was really scared to see it due to Affleck's inclusion in it. And as far as I can remember I can agree with you. At least I my expectations were surpassed.

Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent. Heath got the lion's share of the praise for TDK, and he deserved all his praise, but Eckhart's fantastic performance got over looked because of it.

Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent. Heath got the lion's share of the praise for TDK, and he deserved all his praise, but Eckhart's fantastic performance got over looked because of it.

This.

I liked Eckhardt better than anyone else in TDK. He had to work with a complex character. Ledger did fantastic but with Joker it's easier to get away with almost anything.

Tim Roth in The Incredible Hulk.

These.

And... I'd say Sally Field in The Amazing Spider-Man. She's gonna make a great Aunt May as the series progresses.

I'll try to avoid guys that actually were highly praised (ex. Snipes, Eckhart).

Ben Affleck as Daredevil (Tom Rothman victim. His best scenes are only found in the Director's Cut.)
Chris Evans as Johnny Storm (the one good thing about those movies)
Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man (at least judging by this forum)
Val Kilmer as Batman
Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique (McAvoy and Fassbender get a ton of praise and rightfully so, but she does not for some reason.)
Scarlet Johannson as Black Widow (Gets overshadowed by her more powerful teammates. I personally think she gives the third best performance in The Avengers, after RDJ and Ruffalo.)
Brandon Routh as Superman

Last edited:

Definitely, Harvey was my favorite of TDK. As great as Heath was I really loved seeing a excellent version Two-Face on-screen.

Tim Roth in The Incredible Hulk.

I think there is always a chance we could see him return to the MCU, unless the whole entirety of TIH is going to be recast eventually...:(

Thomas Haden Church as Sandman.

I loved his performance.

Brandon Routh as Superman

I loved Routh as Superman, regardless of how Superman Returns turned out I would of liked to see him as Superman again.

^Agree about Routh, I would have loved to see him given another shot at Superman, he was very good in SR IMO.

Though Cavill was superb in MOS also.

Under the circumstances, Michael Jai White. Spawn.
I know u just didn't go there:woot:

I'll agree with some:
Aaron Eckhart(Two-Face)
Brandon Routh(Superman/Kent)
Brandon Lee(Eric Draven)
Kevin Costner(Jonathan Kent)
Gary Oldman(Gordon)
Jackie Earle Haley(Rorschach)
Vincent Perez(Ashe Corven-The Crow: City of Angels)
Chris Hemsworth(Thor; don't think he got enough credit for actually acting)

I don't think Hemsworth did either, especially since had what is probably the most difficult role of the Marvel characters.

I'd say Spider-Man as he is emotionally complex.

Lots of characters are emotionally complex.

Thor is a bombastic, somewhat obnoxious brute, who speaks in Shakespearean pronouns. It would be difficult for him not to come off as a clown.

Lots of characters are emotionally complex.

Thor is a bombastic, somewhat obnoxious brute, who speaks in Shakespearean pronouns. It would be difficult for him not to come off as a clown.

Which he did, when it was about him on earth.

I haven't seen this movie in a while but I'd say that Thor was far more successful when getting his way on earth in that old "The Incredible Hulk Returns" TV movie than in the 2011 movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"