Mother lets toddler smoke out of bong

Mrs. Sawyer

Avenger
Reaction score
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/12/17286481-mom-allegedly-let-toddler-do-bong-hit?lite

This is not the kind of higher education most parents support.
A Washington state mother is accused of letting her 22-month-old toddler smoke marijuana from a bong, police said.

Police said they received cell phone video from an anonymous source of a child taking what appeared to be a bong hit while his mother -- identified as Rachelle L. Braaten, 24, of Centralia, Wash. -- held the pipe.

And when police went to couple’s home, they found 30-40 marijuana plants as well as firearms.

The child’s father Tyler J. Lee, 25, was accused of unlawful possession of a firearm and manufacturing marijuana.

The woman is being accused of unlawful delivery of a controlled substance to a minor as well as manufacturing marijuana.

The boy and another child were taken into state custody after the arrests.
A Seattle TV station obtained the cell phone video from Centralia police and posted it online. The video appears to show a child dressed in camouflage shirt briefly putting his face to the top of a lit water pipe.
Lee was released on Monday pending charges, KOMO-TV reported. Braaten was booked into the Lewis County Jail and was still listed on the jail roster on Tuesday afternoon. Her bail was set at $20,000.

In November, Washington state voters approved Initiative 502 making it legal for anyone 21 or over to possess up to an ounce of marijuana, 16 ounces of “solid marijuana-infused product” (pot brownies and such) or 72 ounces of “marijuana-infused liquid.

However, it is still illegal to grow marijuana for recreational purposes in the state. The Washington Liquor Control Board was given until Dec. 1 to develop rules for implementing the law.

I don't even...

I meant bong. I've been watching too many Bond movies, lately. :funny:

I mean, I have no problem with weed, but I have a problem with young lungs being exposed to smoke of any kind. Not kosher.

I'm wondering what the mother is thinking... You could definitely do some damage to those young lungs.

734188_4749706548497_737741799_n.jpg

The name's Bong. James Bong. Agent 420.

Last edited:
I'm wondering what the mother is thinking... You could definitely do some damage to those young lungs.
I'm also not sure if weed is good for younger brains either, but overall this is just irresponsible. Plain and simple.

The reason why some people just shouldn't have children.

The reason why some people just shouldn't have children.
Yeah I'm mean there's certain common sense things, and it's not bad to be overprotective of your kids when they are toddlers. I mean I know some parents think it's hypocritical to do something and tell their kids not to. My opinion is if it's under my house it's my rules, and you just have to hold a young toddler to a much higher health standard.

I mean, I have no problem with weed, but I have a problem with young lungs being exposed to smoke of any kind. Not kosher.

Yeah, I mean, I have no problem with weed these days, I'll admit I am an occasional user and as long as you are respeonsible and dont abuse it, it's alright. But exposing someone that young, in tht type of household, well that's when you create a psychological dependency, as if starting something that young, you won't be using the drug, be it marijuana or alcohol, for recreational use anymore. this is wrong

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"