Movie 43

The one thing that tells me it will be good is the cast. Also the directors have all worked in comedy before except for Elizabeth Banks (as a director). But then again I also love blooper reels and actors goofing around. This seems like it will be a fun film of just actors cutting loose and making a fool out of themselves. Basically a feature film of shorts like the ones that could be found on 'Funny Or Die' by celebrities which always rocks.

Gerard Butler answering a question about the film:

Last edited:
reminds me a LOT of the 80s movie "Amazon Women On The Moon" which like Movie 43 had various segments with big name (for the time) stars directed by different directors, you be the judge.

[YT]TSuhi1o_9Cs[/YT]

Movie 43 looks hilarious if it is like the movie above (which I loved, and have it on DVD) I will enjoy it :hehe:.

reminds me a LOT of the 80s movie "Amazon Women On The Moon" which like Movie 43 had various segments with big name (for the time) stars directed by different directors, you be the judge.

[YT]TSuhi1o_9Cs[/YT]

Movie 43 looks hilarious if it is like the movie above (which I loved, and have it on DVD) I will enjoy it :hehe:.

Amazon on the moon seems about 10x funnier. I need to rent that.

This movie was great and just what I expected. Favorite shorts were the batman and Dennis quaid one. I could really tell that they had fun making fun of the whole writer/executive dynamic there lol. Definitely based on some truth behind it. Albeit exaggerrated.

Here's my review for anyone interested.

This was basically SNL with more inappropriate jokes. Not a compliment.

[YT]v5RZEFUglIo[/YT]

I guess a lot of the actors didnt want to be in this.

Even Farrelly admits of his stars, "They clearly wanted out! But we wouldn’t let them."
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Why-Guilt-Tripped-Stars-Won-t-Promote-Movie-43-35270.html

I was just about to post this. But yea, apparently most if not all the big name stars in this movie were guilt tripped into doing this movie, which is why this movie had like zero promotion from any of the stars in the film. Most read the script and thought it was terrible and wanted to back out. I was gonna see this movie but the reviews and word of mouth haven't been that great so I will catch it on redbox.

Here's a much more detailed interview:

[YT]ihsZI86PzTg[/YT]

Some of the stars pushed him to go further than he did.

Why is it called Movie 43 because it has 43 skits in it? If not then that's a stupid placeholder name for a movie.

It actually has no reason at all to be called Movie 43. I think they just liked the way it sounded. I still would have loved the title to be "UNTITLED MOVIE" or "UNTITLED COMEDY" it would of played off perfectly the notion that all of them are pitches by a whacked out crazy screenwriter.

Looks like it could be one of the worst movies ever made. IGN gave it a 1.0 out of 10

I saw this movie on bootleg. Now I don't normally watch or support bootleggers but a friend of mine got it and let me borrow it. The quality is very very good for a bootleg. Anyway, this is quite possibility the WORST movie I EVER seen in my life. I mean how can a movie with a cast this big and full of talented people be so terrible? God help any movie this year that is worst than this garbage.

I think the one thing that made this gold to me was the framing device of 'the pitch.' Yes, the premises were horribly bad. But to me that was the hilarious part of it. Writers like Quaid's character actually exist, I've run across them, I've been forced to read their scripts. So it played out more like one big in-joke about some of the horrible ideas somehow rotating around Hollywood that readers, executives, and actors are forced to read. Ones that I've felt like carving my eyes out while reading asking "how did this guy get representation?!" Gun-point makes sense, lol. It's kind of a case made in-point that Kinnear's character at gun point even wouldn't accept this guy's pitches. In the UK it has teenagers searching out for the "worst made movie ever" and stumbling upon these clips. While it wouldn't be for everyone, those saying 'horrible' - well that was kinda the point with these shorts. They were poking fun at hundreds of movies that beg one question, "how the f-ing hell did this get made?" And as that it sometimes hit the mark of nailing such movies. As said, not for everybody. But as somebody forced at gun-point, I dug it for what it was.

Last edited:
I saw this movie on bootleg. Now I don't normally watch or support bootleggers but a friend of mine got it and let me borrow it. The quality is very very good for a bootleg. Anyway, this is quite possibility the WORST movie I EVER seen in my life. I mean how can a movie with a cast this big and full of talented people be so terrible? God help any movie this year that is worst than this garbage.

LOL, I was just about to write the same thing. I don't support bootlegs, but I watched this on bootleg, because there was no way in Hell I was going to pay to see it. This movie makes Super Mario Bros.look like Citizen Kane.

What the hell kind of dirt did the director have on these actors?

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7knF4qBaCDg[/YT]

Last edited:
Nothing. Elizabeth Banks DIRECTED a segment. And in the interview I posted earlier Gerard Butler didn't sound angry or bored about it when asked (it wasn't in marketing the film), and he smiled and laughed about it like he was having a good time talking about it. There are even reports of actors in other interviews saying the actors "kept pressing us to go FURTHER!" It's funny or die the movie basically, just friends getting together for a laugh.

The thing I find funny is in the UK they found the shorts while searching for the WORST movie in existence. And in the US it was about the WORST kind of screenwriters out there, making the whole thing more of a studio in-joke about all the **** we're held at gun point to read. Granted, those people who were never forced to read those scripts probably didn't get that that's what they were spoofing. They never set out to make a "gem" of a movie. It was more of a punch in the face to those writers, which is what I loved about it. It was almost like payback on them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"