Movies that will make you go "Oh, that's so 2000s"

My 'fun' comment is subjective, and therefore I need not defend it. "Quality" in my opinion, means nothing to how "good" a movie is, if I'm not entertained, if I'm not having fun, it's not a good movie for me. All of the movies I mentioned stopped being fun after the first viewing.

I don't find them to be fun at all, they took themselves far too seriously for their subject matter. This trend of taking things that don't need it that seriously is very 2000's for me, and I really hope that the trend has ended because it flat out sucks and speaks volumes of fans and creators who are ashamed of what they like.

I agree but what you're talking is something..that just stems from a geek/fanboy perspective but it doesn't ruin the enjoyment for these movies for most people. It's just very superficial.

I know that we're talking about movies and comics here, but the bottom line is this: Tell me a good story, whether or not it's based in realism or not. At least that's how I think of it because if people go "that's not real enough" or "where Clayface" or "Where's the gadgets", it'll them crazy. It'll pass but in the long run, who really cares. Just give me a good movie.

The question is why can I tolerate a 'more realistic' Batman where a small people group can't, well that's just life I suppose.

first three American Pie films

the soundtrack, dialogue, style, etc.; very early 2000's

Bullet time.

Orange and Blue.

Choral trailer music.

Photoshopped posters.

3D text

Teaser Trailers

7-Minute Trailers

Gladiator + Spider-Man

Teaser Trailers? haven't they been around forever?

Spiderman movies

Harry Potter movies

Terrible comedy movies

POTC movies

Last edited:
to counter the poor quality of TV (I'm assuming you're taking about MTV), I shall bring up the great 'TV Drama' revolution in the early - mid 2000s, with Lost, 27, amongst others, along with great cable shows like True Blood, The Wire, Dexter, etc.

I would like to bring up too, the death of three camera sitcoms (Everyone Loves Raymond being the last good one) and the rise of single camera sitcoms (The Office, 30 Rock, Arrested Development).

To be fair, old sitcoms are still popular, but now they're mostly on the Disney Channel and Nick.

to counter the poor quality of TV (I'm assuming you're taking about MTV), I shall bring up the great 'TV Drama' revolution in the early - mid 2000s, with Lost, 27, amongst others, along with great cable shows like True Blood, The Wire, Dexter, etc.

I would like to bring up too, the death of three camera sitcoms (Everyone Loves Raymond being the last good one) and the rise of single camera sitcoms (The Office, 30 Rock, Arrested Development).

To be fair, old sitcoms are still popular, but now they're mostly on the Disney Channel and Nick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"