So which Phase 4 movies/shows are you most excited for?

FeedOnATreeFrog

(A Metal Gear reference)
Reaction score
So now we know what's coming in Phase 4, which movies/shows are you most excited for?

For me?

Spider-Man 3
I'm not even a fan of the MCU Spidey, but I've just been a sucker for Spidey-verse (and Spidey with Strange) ever since the 90's cartoon, not to mention potentially getting to revisit the Spidey characters from previous incarnations I like.

Thor: Love and Thunder
All for more of Waititi's Thor, and I have a soft spot for Jane Foster.

Falcon and the Winter Soldier
I personally haven't enjoyed these characters much so far, but hopefully pairing them together and contrasting them will make them pop a bit more than they ever did in the movies. From the trailer, it's already done that with Falcon. Also just more excited for some Winter Soldier-style MCU stories.

What If...?
The trailer sold me. Generally I'm not that interested in these alt-universe scenarios as I don't feel too invested, but this just looks magical.

Hawkeye
Big fan of the Fraction run, so sign me up.

Iron Heart / Armor Wars
I'm not the biggest Iron Man fan in the world, but the idea of opening up the world, seeing other people ("regular people") don the armor can potentially capture that wish fulfilment aspect of the property.

Everything else I'm not that excited for tbh. Maybe Fantastic Four, if they can really find a unique angle, and I'll watch Oscar Isaac in anything, so I guess Moon Knight as well.

Hawkeye, Black Widow, WandaVision, Quantumania, Blade, and Moon Knight are the ones I have any particular enthusiasm for right now.

After that, Shang-Chi, Eternals, Captain Marvel 2, and Black Panther 2. Then Iron Heart, Armor Wars, and Secret Invasion.

Fantastic Four. Despite the underwhelming choice for director I‘m still excited for their first movie in the MCU.

For things we’ve seen footage for, I’m most excited for Loki and Ms. Marvel—two projects I don’t think I would have picked ahead of Investors Day tbh. Both just really worked for me. I thought I was done with Hiddleston’s Loki but damn that trailer was cool.

For the rest of the news, it’s honestly Armor Wars or maybe even Ironheart. They just came out of left field and were totally unexpected. I know people have Iron Man fatigue in these forums but ever since IM3, I’ve really enjoyed Cheadle as War Machine so I’m happy to see his character get some appreciation. I do hope that we’ll see Favreau and Paltrow back too, however large or small those roles may be. The show has the potential to be another actioner like FATWS, which would be excited.

And while I love me some Paul Rudd as Ant-Man, the first sequel was lackluster so I’m not uber excited on Reed returning. But consider me relieved he’s not handling the Fantastic Four (oh and I’m obviously excited for that).

WandaVision for me. I love how it's going through different sitcoms from various decades. I think it'll be really special.

Falcon & The Winter Soldier would be second place. I love the dynamic between the two based on everything from the trailers. I'm a big Daniel Brüel fan so I'm excited to see him back as Baron Zemo.

I haven't been a fan of MCU Spidey either but I'm curious to see what happens in the third film.

A lot of them.

1. Black Widow
and
2. Hawkeye
These two of course, they've been around since before the first Avengers. Despite being smaller in scale, I'm convinced they will have good stories.

3. Falcon & Winter Soldier.
Characters that have grown on me since phase 2.
In terms of scale, it's the same as no 1 and 2

4. Armor Wars
WM's first solo

5. She-Hulk
But only because of Mark Ruffalo and Charlie Cox

6. Spider-Man 3
Into the Spider-verse :)

7. Blade
Welcome to MCU!!!!!

8. Fantastic 4
I have my doubts, bc the choice of director. Let's just hope they get it right this time, third attempt at the team.

Then I'm sure Eternals and Shang-chi can be good films as well. I don't know much about the characters, but think those will be some entertaining big scale adventures.

There are a handful of more titles I look forward too.
Wait for my next post!

Last edited:
Love and Thunder, Eternals, Wandavision.

Eternals, Spider-man 3, GotG3, Blade, Fantastic Four, Loki, What If, Ms Marvel, She Hulk, Moon Knight, and Ironheart.

Most of this stuff I'm curious about and it remains to be seen whether they'll be placed in the "highly anticipated" column.

I was never over the moon about Loki. But the trailer catapulted the show into my top one slot.

Aside from Loki, I want to see What If...?, Love and Thunder, Wandavision, Spider-Man 3, Blade and the Fantastic Four.

Love & Thunder and Guardians 3 are space opera spectacles I look forward to. They will also cross over with each other (Thor & Star-Lord)

Then we have Loki, Quantumania, WandaVision and Multiverse of Madness. They will be full of weirdness and quirkniness, and I believe they're connected. It's not just the latter two that ties into Spidey 3, no matter what we have read about it.
Two projects about 1. alternate realities and 2. the quantum realm WILL have something to do with Multiverse. Yes of course they do! Even if they're not firsthand responsible for what's about to happen.

Last edited:
What If.

Not sure why, but I always like the what if or Elseworlds-style stories, even if they're just one-offs.

Venom 2 with Carnage even though it’s not MCU is going to be legendary

Excuse me while I sit and wrap my head around everything we have to look forward to here... (and in order of release w/ some speculation)

1. WandaVision (Jan 15) 8/10 excited. The majority of my excitement for this comes from how close it is and how long its been since Far From Home. But I am very intrigued by the weirdness. I will probably finally buy D+ for this.
  2. Black Widow (May 7) 8/10 excited. Its been a long time coming
  3. Loki (May) 8/10 excited.
  4. Shang Chi (July 9) 9/10 excited. There's just something about a new property that they trrust to send directly to big screen that has me stoked. It mustve been a great script. And I want to see where the Mandarin story goes.
  5. What If...? (Summer) 4/10 excited. Really pretty meh on this one. Seemingly no ramifications for the larger MCU, not live action. Idk. just not my bag.
  6. Falcon and the Winter Soldier (August) 9/10 excited. I'm excited to see the legacy of the shield continue. And mostly I want to see Zemo operate vs Bucky again.
  7. Eternals (Nov 5) 8/10 excited. Another straight to big screen new property. I'm so in.
  8. Hawkeye (Fall) 6/10 excited. I am actually excited to see where they go with it. But without any real expectations this could just be a wannabe jason bourne series.
  9. Spider-Man 3 (Dec 17) 10/10 excited. All the news of this film reignited some MCU steam for me after the 2020 dry spell. Ock, Tobey/Andrew, Strange... SO excited.
  10. Ms. Marvel (Late) 7/10 excited. It blows my mind how they fast tracked this. And honestly that's what worries me but just slightly. Should be good fun. I'm hopeful.
  1. Thor: Love and Thunder (Feb 11) 9/10 excited. This would be a 10 if it was closer. I NEED to see this film. Mostly due to Taika and I want to know how they will incorporate the GotG.
  2. Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness (March 25) 10/10 excited. 10/10 even though its so far out. Dr. Strange is my fave and this sounds SO cool.
  3. Black Panther 2 (July 8) 7/10 excited. I trust that they know they cannot screw this one up. I am excited to see how they pay respects to the King. And I want to know how they will fill his shoes.
  4. Captain Marvel 2 (Nov 11) 7/10 excited. They have a real uphill battle with this one. The first one was pretty yawn-inducing. But I am willing to give them another shot.
  5. Blade 7/10 excited. I'd be more, but its sorta distant and we've already seen it done.
  6. She Hulk 8/10 excited. I wanna see Hulk again and I wanna see Abomination again.
  7. Moon Knight 9/10 excited. This is perhaps the D+ show I'm most excited for. Oscar Isaac!!!!
  8. Armor Wars 7/10 excited. It's my style, but far away.
  9. Guardians of the Galaxy holiday special (christmas i assume) 6/10 excited. Star Wars holiday special PTSD.
2023 (and beyond?)
  1. Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania 8/10
  2. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 8/10
  3. Fantastic Four 9/10
  4. Secret Invasion 7/10
  5. Iron Heart 7/10
  6. I Am Groot 6/10
  7. Deadpool 3 6/10

Last edited:
I'll pick 5.

Fantastic Four
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
Moon Knight
She-Hulk
Thor: Love and Thunder

Re: Ms Marvel and the fast track, as I said in another thread- I think Marvel has been rushing this one because, functionally speaking, Kamala Khan fills the Spider-man niche, only with a character Marvel 100% controls.

Decided to choose a few and in all honesty at this point i'm not that interested in any of the other projects. Some are just completely off my radar, others don't motivate me and a lot of them are still in early stages of development and the hype hasn't really build up. Having said that here's the 5 i have the biggest interest right now.

1. Thor: Love and Thunder
For obvious reasons. Love Thor. Taika directing and co-writing, great characters, the potential storylines, an amazing cast, Christian Bale as Gorr The Butcher!...

2. Loki
What the hell is going on? Time travel shenanigans, crazy scenarios, a lot of potential to be explored, Loki jumping through time leaving his footprint in significant events, what does this all mean to the MCU, to the character of Loki and how does it connect back to Thor.

3. Blade
Just want to see the character back. So cool, so much badassery... Wesley Snipes did such a great job before and there's so much to that vampire world. I wonder how it integrates into the MCU. They gotta keep some of that sharpness and atitude.

4. Eternals
Characters of mythology. Don't know much about the property but i'm somewhat intrigued.

5. Shang Chi
I think they can make something interesting with that world and the asian influences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"